Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Housemates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you ever find that whenever you need to be anywhere... Whenever you really need the loo... Whenever you're in a hurry...

Your flamates are in there having a half hour shower?

Comments

• Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Do you ever find that whenever you need to be anywhere... Whenever you really need the loo... Whenever you're in a hurry...

Yes, only in my case it's my kids. My daughter in particular clogs up the bathroom for a good hour.

We need a second bathroom.
  • Options
    My sister does that. I'm sure she has a shower at 9pm on purpose...
  • Options
    No, cos in my uni house there is a bathroom with 2 showers and 2 toilets :p
  • Options
    Yes. or theres no hot water. a few weeks ago i had to contend with one of them settin the fire alarm off, no toilet roll or hot water half an hour before i had to go out.rage.

edit i shouldnt complain as there is 2 toilets, 1 shower + toilet and 1 fulll bathroom between 5 of us :p
  • Options
    Yep. And theres only one bathroom between 7 of us. Its not fun to come home bursting for a piss when your housemate is going to take 45 minutes in the shower. :grump:
  • Options
    I always ask if anybody needs a piss before I have a shower :yes:

Somebody's been leaving their pubes in the bath plug though, and it's really annoying. I'm calling it The Case of The Phantom Puber and I'm determined to get to the bottom of it :chin:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Namaste wrote: »
    Do you ever find that whenever you need to be anywhere... [...]

I'd be weirded out if somebody was having a shower in a restaurant or square that I wanted to be, and not because of the timing.

Serious reply:
    The most common thing for me is that me and my mum (who is my flatmate in a way, I guess) usually happen to need the toilet at the exact same time. I'm at the computer staying up late, she's sleeping, and when I walk toward the toilet she comes out of her room.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Somebody's been leaving their pubes in the bath plug though, and it's really annoying. I'm calling it The Case of The Phantom Puber and I'm determined to get to the bottom of it :chin:

:lol:

I ask if anyone needs to use the bathroom if I'm in a place where I'm sharing bathroomage. In my flat its usually just me unless I have an overnight guest, in which case we usually have a bit of a chat before getting up and they tend to be aware I'm going for a shower.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I always ask if anybody needs a piss before I have a shower :yes:

aw, ain't you a thoughtful housemate?
  • Options
    In our house it's the washing machine. My housemates are perfectly happy to leave their clothes in their for days without bothering to try and dry them. I usually end up emptying it into plastic bags.
  • Options
    The bathroom/shower is actually ok in the flat I'm currently in. We all have different work hours, so use the bathroom at different times :) I lived in a house with 3 other girls though once, that was a bit of a nightmare. If I even thought about needing a wee, one of them would be in there for about 2 hours :crying:
  • Options
    Once a bird pood on my head and i had to wait HALF AN HOUR for my housemate to get out of the shower, that was after the HALF AN HOUR that it took me to walk home, meaning that the poo had been on my head for A WHOLE HOUR by the time I got to clean it off. :grump:
  • Options
    My sister does that. You'd think that getting up at half 6 would mean nobody else would beat you to the fucking bathroom. And then take over half an hour in there when you need to leave at 20 past fucking 7 :grump:.

I've even asked her not to do it, and then she did it again yesterday morning! ARGH!!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    kangoo wrote: »
    Once a bird pood on my head and i had to wait HALF AN HOUR for my housemate to get out of the shower, that was after the HALF AN HOUR that it took me to walk home, meaning that the poo had been on my head for A WHOLE HOUR by the time I got to clean it off. :grump:
    Tbh I'd have just used a tap to rinse it off in the least, and then went in the shower once I could. If it was winter I'd stay under the hairdryer in the meanwhile.
  • Options
    Nope, our house has 2 showers and most of them are long haired freaky people who never really shower in the first place.
  • Options
    nah, we dont have that problem in our house!! we have 2 bathrooms - a boys and a girls which each with its own shower and toilet

not that the boy/girl thing stops me from using the boys every now and again!

what DOES annoy me tho is when people leave all their hair in the plughole after a shower.
    one girl in our house (who is a total recluse - only ever see her like once every week!) goes in the shower and then when i go in later to use it, the plughole is completely blocked by black curly hair :yuck: tis gross
    she cant even argue that it wasnt her because shes the only one in the house whos hair is black.. and curly :p:yuck:
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    what DOES annoy me tho is when people leave all their hair in the plughole after a shower.
    one girl in our house (who is a total recluse - only ever see her like once every week!) goes in the shower and then when i go in later to use it, the plughole is completely blocked by black curly hair :yuck: tis gross
    she cant even argue that it wasnt her because shes the only one in the house whos hair is black.. and curly :p:yuck:

Are you sure nobody else has short curly black hair? :p