Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tampon problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive only just started using tampons, and occasionly I love them! and other times they wont work. Sometimes I feel like its really rubbing against the inseide of me as I put it in and its quite sore, then when Ive got it in it tends to fall out or leak. havent got a clue what Im doing worong! Please help.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Silly question, as I'm a guy, but are you using the right size?
    Sounds like you aren't putting them in far enough.
    I'm with Tweety on this one. When you put them in you need to aim towards the small of your back rather than straight up.
    i used to have the exact same problem - because of it ive only just started using them after 9 years of having periods! :chin:

i found it quite painful, but miffy and tweety are right - it depends on the angle that youre trying to insert it. if it helps then maybe go and put one leg up on the toilet seat and try doing it then (helped for me anyway!!) - that way youre kinda in the right position for it to go in easier

if that works then just keep trying! and if you get it in ok and theres still pain, then it probably just means its not in enough