Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yoga for weight loss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now I understand the differences and points of different yoga videos/exercises... for the morning or evening or flexibility, strength, stress release... But whats the get up of yoga for weight loss? Has anybody tried one? What are the main points and general workout like? How does it differ from others? Is it more streneous? I am assuming it would be similar to a total conditioning yoga bit... but what do I know.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's all to do with getting the oxygen flowing throughout the body quicker through elongated stretching techniques using a combination of all different forms of yoga. This of course is beneficial, and appears to be successful.

There are some yoga "masters" in London charging £125 a session for 7 sessions, who claim they can make the fat drop off. They even offer a 100% money back guarantee if it is not true. However, they are fully booked out and there's at least a months waiting list.

I think I read this in the Guardian or Independant yesterday (cannot remember which)