Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone Heard of This Before? - sleeping with soap?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Saw this by chance on the net and then chatting to someone on MSN and they said their grand mother does it too.

For: Leg cramps and Restless Legs syndrome

Unwrap a new regular size bar of soap, any brand, and place it between the two sheets on your side of the bed. The soap should be placed not far from the foot of the bed and on whichever side wanting it from your feet. You will never realize it is in the bed as you are not going to have it this close to your body. When making the bed up, always make sure the soap is on the flat area, on your side and hasn't fell over the end of the mattress where the top sheet is tucked under. Time to remove the old bar and replace with another new bar when having the first sign of any leg/toe cramping.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archives/editorial/no_science_behind_soap_remedy.asp

Comments

• Options
    Anyway no one is replying but one person I forwarded it to passed it on to someone else and they saidit worked for them

>
    > Hi
    >
    > Thank you for the info on the site and for telling me about the soap. I just can't believe how well it works, it's amazing. I often had problems with restless legs and it used to irritate the hell out of me. Since I put the soap under my sheet they haven't bothered me at all.
    >
    > I looked at the site and I have downloaded quite a few of the articles on herbs. It is a very interesting site so, once again, Thank you.
    >
    >
    > Best Regards
    > M.
  • Options
    Ooo, funny. Might tell a friend of mine about this, he has problems sleeping due to restless legs...
  • Options
    :yeees:
  • Options
    Ooo, funny. Might tell a friend of mine about this, he has problems sleeping due to restless legs...

I don't actually know what restless legs is - what is it?
  • Options
  • Options
    Quinine is good for cramps/restless legs.
    Its prescribed by gp's although its found naturally, in food(or is it water?)
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote: »
    Quinine is good for cramps/restless legs.
    Its prescribed by gp's although its found naturally, in food(or is it water?)

Isn't quinine what's found in tonic water? used to be used against malaria?
  • Options
    yeah it might be tonic water, i know its in something!

and yes to malaria
  • Options
    Yeah I've heard of the tonic water for cramps thing before. Not the soap thing though... that's plain weird... but if it works :thumb:
  • Options
    Isn't quinine what's found in tonic water? used to be used against malaria?

In Indian Tonic Water - but the quantity in modern drinks is tiny now - during the days of the Raj was a lot more in there to protect soldiers, etc from Malaria.