Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oh Lorrrrrd.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My first choice university has suddenly become my last resort choice and my last resort choice is now firm favourite. (I only chose 2 courses/unis)

Do I have to let UCAS know? or do I just leave it? I haven't had any contact from either Uni yet as my application was sent a couple of weeks ago.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not entirely sure how it works, but you cant just leave it.

Your firm choice will send you stuff about accomodation etc, and you will have a place there if you meet the grades (for a conditional offer). Your second choice is only for a back up incase you dont meet the conditions.

Contact UCAS, you will proberly be able to switch your choices, but dont just leave it if youve changed your mind
    Yeah I'll phone UCAS on monday.

I'm just confused. It says on the 'apply' part of ucas that through Route B, your application gets sent to your first choice. They either send you an offer or not. If they don't send you an offer, your application gets sent to your second choice, and so on and so forth.

I don't get though, how my second choice have received my application already. I spoke to them in person today and they've received it and are waiting for the tutor to look at it and interview me (if she wants me to be interviewed). How is this the case, if I haven't received anything from my first choice?

It's all so confusing :(
    Your application gets sent to every Uni that you applied to, regardless of whether it's your first or last choice. That way they decide whether they want to give you a conditional offer. (It also means they can send you 13523583 letters a day, too). :grump:

If I remember correctly, when you first send your application off, despite the fact you may put them in order of choice, it's all an equal thing. It's at a later date when you select your first choice and your back up and decline the rest of your offers, and then your first choice is informed that they are indeed your first choice etc.
    I It's at a later date when you select your first choice and your back up and decline the rest of your offers, and then your first choice is informed that they are indeed your first choice etc.

Ah, i thought she had already done this stage, sorry Ilora
    Ah right, no.. I'm still only just waiting for first contact between the 2 uni's I've applied to. Not had any interviews/offers of any sort yet.