Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your Claim To Fame?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My great-great-great uncle was on the back of every £5 in circulation and invented the steam train. George Stephenson he was. Sadly I'm not a blood relation but still pretty cool, n'est pas?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Was this before or after he became famous?
    he already was a DJ. My mum used to listen to his radio show and he mentioned that he was getting into Glasgow central that evening at a certain time if anyone wanted to meet him. She turned up and they shared a taxi. He asked her out but she didnt take him up on it because she was already in a relationship with my dad at that point, although it was before I came along, so must have been early seventies.
  • Options
    Oh and captain sensible (from the damned) stayed round mine for the weekend once.
  • Options
    The part in the full monty where they're putting posters up and the 2 women come up to them was filmed just down my road. Um and - i've met wayne sleep.
  • Options
    Mr grandfather was Mr. Britain 1950. Really.
  • Options
    I used to own the house next door to the pub on cover of Marillions "clutching at straws"
    marillion.jpg
    its the Bakers arms in Colchester.
  • Options
    I can't think of anything that would lead me to have a claim to fame personally.

My Dad got a lift home from John Peel once though, which is pretty cool.
  • Options
    I was in line for the Tower of Terrer behind some very different men that were the backup dancers of the one hit wonder boy group LFO.

Really, with that, its like I'm famous myself.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm expecting someone to say something like "I got an STI from someone who got it from a one-night-stand from someone who <famous person's name here>'s spouse was cheating on them with" :p
  • Options
    I'm expecting someone to say something like "I got an STI from someone who got it from a one-night-stand from someone who <famous person's name here>'s spouse was cheating on them with" :p

:lol:

I have also met David Gedge (The Wedding Present) twice. *wonders if anyone has actually heard of David Gedge or his band*
  • Options
    my uncle was in a band. no i won't tell you who they were!
  • Options
    My great-great-great uncle was on the back of every £5 in circulation and invented the steam train. George Stephenson he was. Sadly I'm not a blood relation but still pretty cool, n'est pas?

That IS cool!! :thumb:

Oh - and Sofie - have heard of The Wedding Present! May even have heard one of their tracks once....:chin:

Oh - and mine is I met Princess Anne and gave her a bunch of flowers once! :)
  • Options
    Shorty! wrote: »

Well whats the point of that :p
  • Options
    My auntie and uncle once had the drummer from the Stone Roses sleep on their floor - before he was in the Stone Roses though.
  • Options
    My mums uncle sold his house to Roger Moore many moons ago!.....oh and i met Melanie and Martini from Fun House when i was about 10 *cringe* :D
  • Options

Why not?
  • Options
    I once poked Shane Richie in the back with a sign I was holding, accidently on purpose..
    My Dad was drinking buddies with one of the blokes from Led Zepplin, and he invited him and the family to his country house when I was a baby, although we never went.
    But most importantly, I was on BUTLINS TV. Oh yes.
  • Options
    I once poked Shane Richie in the back with a sign I was holding, accidently on purpose..

:lol: What do you mean by 'accidently on purpose'?
  • Options
    Well I almost hit him with this cardboard sign I'd made for a concert accidently, then I stopped myself, but then I thought he'd stop if I did, so I 'accidently' poked him with it. He ignored me anyhow and carried on walking.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Why not?

because one of their biggest hits still ocassionally gets played today and it's rather embarassing.
  • Options
    I ha rik mayall's latin text book at school. yipee. go me.
  • Options
    I've been on the local news twice while I was in secondary school.

I attended LIPA for 9 months and worked with alot of people who I know by sight but not name (I was only a technician) who have gone on to work "in the business".
  • Options
    I went to school with Jack McConnels nephew, the first idiot, and his brother worked with my dad.
    I got shouted at by Scotty from Star Trek and my dad shouted at LuLu, something along the lines of "my granny knows your mammy!"
  • Options
    because one of their biggest hits still ocassionally gets played today and it's rather embarassing.

one hit wonders?

you gotta tell!!
  • Options
    Ooh, I forgot about when I called one of McFly a twat. I don't even know if thats a claim to fame, but it was pretty funny.
  • Options
    I'm related to Jimmy Tarbuck.
    My mate used to work with Jordan before she was famous
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    one hit wonders?

you gotta tell!!

argh! what have i done!

anyone heard of 'slap and tickle'? :o
  • Options
    I really want to know now! I mean, can it really be worse than being related to the Osmonds?
  • Options
    having your uncle's most famous song be called /slap and tickle' is more embarassing than being related to the osmonds.
  • Options
    It's not Squeeze is it?