Home Sex & Relationships
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

For anyone that cares, a bit of news

1234689

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote: »
    People don't usually make up appearing in Rise - trust me

    I just would like to have seen some of the claims substantiated. Simple as.

    With somebody plainly ignoring any advice given, and I have PM'd the OP as I've known many people in the City, offering to chat to this bloke offline (which I received no response), it's just getting a bit far fetched now.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried just making a move in that situation? Do something cheesy like ask them to give you a back massage, or something................
    Yeah. Give massages that's fine, often go to sleep cuddling them that's fine, if I ever start kissing them they tell me to stop it they want to go to bed.

    In the last year I've brought back about a dozen different girls to stay at mine. All of them definitely saw me as a friend and had no intention of fucking me.

    Yeah my situation's somewhat odd I know..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be fair if people feel they can't add anything more then they simply need to stop posting, you can't blame a conversation for continuing if you're part of it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote: »
    To be fair if people feel they can't add anything more then they simply need to stop posting, you can't blame a conversation for continuing if you're part of it.

    But it's like an itch that just neeeeeds to be scratched :D

    Oh - and I *am* still attempting to offer 'advice' whilst I am trying to get concrete on the OP.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Yeah. Give massages that's fine, often go to sleep cuddling them that's fine, if I ever start kissing them they tell me to stop it they want to go to bed.

    In the last year I've brought back about a dozen different girls to stay at mine. All of them definitely saw me as a friend and had no intention of fucking me.

    Yeah my situation's somewhat odd I know..

    To be honest, are you certain you really do want to pull? Maybe you deep down don't want to just lose your virginity in this situation, maybe you'd rather be with one of the people you grew up with rather than people who sound (and I live in London, so I know not everyone here is like this) like shallow shit heads.

    Maybe there's a stronger subconscious reason why you're in this situation. You clearly have no difficulty coming across situations where you're in an intimate setting with women, so something has to be occurring. And to be honest the 'I'm just too nice a guy' hardly cuts it - both because your personality here is clearly opposed to that idea, and because that just doesn't happen that many times, as other people have said.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Yeah. Give massages that's fine, often go to sleep cuddling them that's fine, if I ever start kissing them they tell me to stop it they want to go to bed.

    In the last year I've brought back about a dozen different girls to stay at mine. All of them definitely saw me as a friend and had no intention of fucking me.

    Yeah my situation's somewhat odd I know..

    So - here's a suggestion. Stop taking girls home that you know only see you as a friend. That will slowly start changing people's thoughts of you etc etc.

    Also, I would suggest, stop shelling out paying for everything for girls. You're basically being played as a mug. As far as I see it, you get a round in, they bloody well should. I've been to the clubs/bars you go to and I'm not impressed at all. You pay through the nose, and you just get snotty people their.

    When it comes down to it (and you're going to wash right over this, again), it doesn't matter if you're paying £XXX for drinks, it's down to how much fun you're having, which it doesn't sound like you are having!

    I would surmise that this 'I'm too nice a guy' thing is more a cover for 'I'm a doormat with money' and there are plenty of people out there far too eager to take advantage of this, and I'm sorry girls, but this is mainly you lot. I have to be careful when I'm out as when I get a few drinks/whatever in me, people know I start throwing £££ around (not in an arrogant, showy way, just more of an 'oh, I'll get this one in' way... and it seems to be my turn far too often, if you know what I mean), and rounds/drinks rarely come back my way when it's like that. I have no problems going up to somebody saying 'Oh, I think it's your round', or 'Oh, you owe me a drink' though, so I'm all good.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote: »
    To be honest, are you certain you really do want to pull? Maybe you deep down don't want to just lose your virginity in this situation, maybe you'd rather be with one of the people you grew up with rather than people who sound (and I live in London, so I know not everyone here is like this) like shallow shit heads.

    Maybe there's a stronger subconscious reason why you're in this situation. You clearly have no difficulty coming across situations where you're in an intimate setting with women, so something has to be occurring. And to be honest the 'I'm just too nice a guy' hardly cuts it - both because your personality here is clearly opposed to that idea, and because that just doesn't happen that many times, as other people have said.
    I want to go out with these girls. And if not go out with them then at least pull/sleep with them. Half of them I've told them I like them and they've turned me down, other times it's more than obvious I do and they've not responded. Hence my other thread where I'm adamant I'm "unfanciable", something about me that makes everyone fall for me as a close friend but they'd not ever dream of dating me.

    And my in-person persona is very different to what I'm writing online, I'm unanimously a really nice guy, hence female friends have no trouble being in my company cos they know I'll look after them and not think of taking advantage of them, however much I actually want to.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You might want to stop thinking of pulling as 'taking advantage' for a start. Sex is a two way choice.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What if they're fast asleep? :naughty:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would get nothing from career achievements if my personal life was non-existant.

    Have you tried internet dating sites? I remember reading in an easyjet in-flight magazine about a dating website designed specifically for high-fliers. I'm sorry but I can't remember the name.

    It's not uncommon for career-orientated people to be lacking a personal life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    What if they're fast asleep? :naughty:

    :lol:

    See JimV, it's quotes like this that are just so out of character with the rest of the postings that just stand out as "???" and make me question the validity.

    Also ever so slightly creepy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery - have you tried something like http://www.thesupperclublondon.com/home.php to meet people. This is a singles night a couple of my friends go to, which usually has bankers et al there simply because many of them are too busy to find their own entertainment. Lots of people there from the 'upper' tiers of society - Actors, bankers, people from the media etc etc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    :lol:

    See JimV, it's quotes like this that are just so out of character with the rest of the postings that just stand out as "???".

    Also ever so slightly creepy.


    Told ya its fake! I've seen porn chicks 'cumming' that look more convincing then is! :p But fair play to the guy he's kept this going for while
    :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Jomery - have you tried something like http://www.thesupperclublondon.com/home.php to meet people. This is a singles night a couple of my friends go to, which usually has bankers et al there simply because many of them are too busy to find their own entertainment. Lots of people there from the 'upper' tiers of society - Actors, bankers, people from the media etc etc.
    Interesting, thanks. Though I go to a lot of similar events every week, I've got friends who run a lot of events with similar aims of networking, meeting people etc. Eg on Friday I was here, hanging out with many of London's successful business types. Last thing I want is to be meeting even more new people and befriending even more people... another problem with these sort of networking events is you can meet someone who you really don't like for whatever reason, who'll ask for your business card etc, then keep emailing/ringing you up asking to go for dinner/drinks etc.

    Check the link - VIP rooms, beautiful people, fancy clothes, nice cocktails... I love that scene, I know most of you will despise it!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Check the link - VIP rooms, beautiful people, fancy clothes, nice cocktails... I love that scene, I know most of you will despise it!

    Your not after a girl for the right reasons, this could be a reason why girls seem to be turning you down. Pehaps they can see thru this.

    You're wanting a lifestyle not a girl. You want someone who can help you present the image of the person you want to be. :no:

    A girl isnt a product you can purchase from the shelf who will fit into your life exactly how you need her to.

    Ask yourself this. If you bump into a girl tomorrow who you think is ace, will you still want to see her if she doesnt like going to VIP clubs and drinking fancy cocktails ? If she would rather go to the local pub with friends and spend £20/£30 all night and have a couple of pints, will you still want to see her, or would you not want anything to do with her?

    If you can answer that question honestly, you half way to workin out what you want.
    A girl or an accessory ?
    Be honest with yourself, if your after an accessory then fine, but you need to play a different game.

    :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Interesting, thanks. Though I go to a lot of similar events every week, I've got friends who run a lot of events with similar aims of networking, meeting people etc. Eg on Friday I was here, hanging out with many of London's successful business types. Last thing I want is to be meeting even more new people and befriending even more people... another problem with these sort of networking events is you can meet someone who you really don't like for whatever reason, who'll ask for your business card etc, then keep emailing/ringing you up asking to go for dinner/drinks etc.

    Check the link - VIP rooms, beautiful people, fancy clothes, nice cocktails... I love that scene, I know most of you will despise it!

    Right - before I go to bed... To clarify, I don't despise nights like that, they do have a purpose, but if those are what you fill your social calendar with, then I think you just need a bit of a change of scenery. I know you say you love that scene, but if it's bringing you no joy, then try something else.

    Are you into clubbing, at all? As in proper clubbing (and I don't mean Tiger bloody Tiger or those god awful tourist traps around Leicester Sq)? That's where I meet most of the women I do - as I know we're all there for the same thing: Good music, dancing and getting a little bit mashed.

    Either way - I would, yet again, make people pay their own way when you go out. You can't be seen to be buying the drinks the whole time as people cotton onto this and you're rapidly labelled as 'guy who buys me drinks' by the ladies.

    Just a point, and one of which I am very curious about - on that link you posted, many of the guys had their job titles etc etc after their names, but none of the women did (although there were many double-barrelled surnames). Are they also entrepreneurs, or are they simply there to wangle free drinks out of people like yourself? Just curious as pretty girlies get many free things in life out of blokes none too wise to it.

    Before anybody kicks off - have a think. How many free/cheap nights have half the girls on here had due to blokes buying them drinks? Exactly.

    Just to add more to this before I get a flaming - as I've mentioned, I've worked in the same kind of circles as Jomery (and hated it, for the most part), and the creature known as the 'Society Girl' is quite common (which is what this post is referring to). They drift from party to party, basically living off the idiots who will happily fund them. I've known girls living in £2million apartments in Kensington, paid for by some bloke they rarely see, and they just party the rest of the time away, paid for by yet more stupid men. It fucks me off no end that people get so much for doing nothing but being pretty. Hey, that's the way of the world, huh?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Brilliant, my life summed up so close to the bone in a minute!!

    To be honest I'd rather be "the great pretender", someone who everyone assumes is a legend, happy, living the dream life, with insecurities I've splattered across this forum hidden from the public, than someone who's personally happy/content but nobody sings praises about. Life's too short, so I wouldn't mind going down in history a bit on paper rather than being the guy hidden in the wallpaper.

    I am rather sure you are taking that back a few months, or maybe years from now...
    Actually, since KingOfGlasgow (I think) said it, all I see is patrick bateman's anger for those little sausages pretending they got a reservation in that hip restaurant, when I read jomery's post. A guy who is wrestling in a superficial, illusional contest of fake fronts, 'status' and prestige.

    The more I read about it, the more petty it occurs to me. Some people shouldn't have potency or power of any form, they just can't handle it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Yes, I want them, hence my frustration things always go down the friendship route. At the end of a party often two of the girls will come back and sleep with me in my double bed.

    :lol:

    :yeees:
    whereas us mere plebs who have no concept of success, or long words (I'll use egocentric as an example) will fade into the background on the wallpaper.

    potw, btw.
    :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »

    Once again, depends entirely on your circle. Someone just said "section editor of a national newspaper - wow big deal". For anyone who knows a thing or two about the media industry that is a massively big deal!

    You are talking out of your ass. I’ve worked in the media industry. I use to have my lunch with the series producer of a globally watched show, advising me on my future. The productions I worked on no one gives a toss about what someone’s bird looks like on their arm, know one cares about things like that regardless of what circle your in (most of the talent in the industry are right scruffy, unkempt cos eventually deadlines and broken agreements get to you). It only counts to those under 20 and those celebs who live by their image. I have no clue what planet your living on cos mate were not on the same sphere.
    I am shallow.

    When clients, friends ask how lovelife is going, if I say I'm seeing someone, they'll say what do they do, how old are they etc. Will get further respect, or be laughed at, depending on answers. Also for work we have lots of socials, balls etc where you bring your other half. If I bring someone who's not considered that hot I'll get a lot of stick. Not great for the career.

    Your clients and mates, please, tell me their 23 and under cos I know of no one from station owners to retail buyers to executive producers who would laugh or have no respect for you if you said you’re single.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, and one last one Jomery:

    Remember that there are fine lines running between Nice Guy|Not So Nice Guy|Twat

    Get it wrong, and you'll be no better off!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Just a point, and one of which I am very curious about - on that link you posted, many of the guys had their job titles etc etc after their names, but none of the women did (although there were many double-barrelled surnames). Are they also entrepreneurs, or are they simply there to wangle free drinks out of people like yourself? Just curious as pretty girlies get many free things in life out of blokes none too wise to it.
    Haha! All of the guys on those 4 photos are successful entrepreneurs. The 3 in the bottom pic are all millionaires (the middle one is 21, the last is 22!). The ones who get the most action by far are 1) the Asian in green/yellow top, 2) the bottom-right Asian, even though they're not particularly 'fit' etc. Whilst the double-barrelled girls (and the ones in the Flash gallery like the Russian in the blue dress) are all social butterflies who wangle their free drinks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    noangel wrote: »
    Your clients and mates, please, tell me their 23 and under cos I know of no one from station owners to retail buyers to executive producers who would laugh or have no respect for you if you said you’re single.

    did jom actually try and hook up with you then?

    I mean, that was the opportunity on the golden platter, this all seems to get fishy
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Are you into clubbing, at all? As in proper clubbing (and I don't mean Tiger bloody Tiger or those god awful tourist traps around Leicester Sq)? That's where I meet most of the women I do - as I know we're all there for the same thing: Good music, dancing and getting a little bit mashed.
    I only really like the most upmarket clubs where there's lots of space to dance without idiots stamping on you, people don't do crazy dancing so there's not sweat dripping off everywhere, you get table service so don't have to queue at a cramped bar etc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Haha! All of the guys on those 4 photos are successful entrepreneurs. The 3 in the bottom pic are all millionaires (the middle one is 21, the last is 22!). The ones who get the most action by far are 1) the Asian in green/yellow top, 2) the bottom-right Asian, even though they're not particularly 'fit' etc. Whilst the double-barrelled girls (and the ones in the Flash gallery like the Russian in the blue dress) are all social butterflies who wangle their free drinks.

    I thought so - and there is your reason why you're not picking them up (to my mind).

    Wrong people, wrong time, wrong place.

    Can you not see how obvious this all is?!

    (I stayed up just to read your answer as I *knew* I was 100% correct.)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    I only really like the most upmarket clubs where there's lots of space to dance without idiots stamping on you, people don't do crazy dancing so there's not sweat dripping off everywhere, you get table service so don't have to queue at a cramped bar etc.

    Fair enough. Have you ever tried it though? ;)

    ... and for the record, you'll find women just as pretty, yet with a damned sight more to say (I would expect) at more 'normal' places ;) Far fewer of those fucking social leeches where I go, chap!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I thought so - and there is your reason why you're not picking them up (to my mind).

    Wrong people, wrong time, wrong place.

    Can you not see how obvious this all is?!

    (I stayed up just to read your answer as I *knew* I was 100% correct.)
    But most of the "gold-digger" girls had pulled by the end! I'd be treated the same as the rest of the 'successful business types' (except the 3 millionaires).
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    But most of the "gold-digger" girls had pulled by the end! I'd be treated the same as the rest of the 'successful business types' (except the 3 millionaires).

    ...but you wouldn't get to fuck them right?

    79
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This social circle has totally disillusioned your view of women. Not all women are social butterflys stringing rich totty along. What would you do if you met a girl who was amazing and she worked as a cleaner or something? But i don't think you're after a girl, you love what you hate. As long as you stay in that circle, you're not going to get anywhere. Try going to a pub and meeting people other than millionaires.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jomery, i asked a question a few pages back and you've avoided it like the plague

    what would you do, if you met a girl you were crazy about and she adored you, then she told you she worked in asda?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Littleali wrote: »
    jomery, i asked a question a few pages back and you've avoided it like the plague

    what would you do, if you met a girl you were crazy about and she adored you, then she told you she worked in asda?

    Exactly - to me that would sound a whole lot better than "Oh, I blag free drinks out of rich mugs as I'm pretty and so should have my life paid for".
This discussion has been closed.