Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going back in time?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Does anyone else ever click back on their browser when coming out of a thread, and have the main page full of topics from a few days ago? They all say stuff like last reply "3:00pm today" though, as if it's reverted to a page from a day ago or something. It only does it occasionally, and goes back to normal after you press refresh, but I just thought it was wierd.

Just remembered, the thread in Anything Goes was Languages, and Briggi was the last person to respond, and the thread in Politics was The Budget, and I was the last person to respond. So whenever that was, that's where it goes back to.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It hasn't happened to me, but I never (well, very rarely) use "back" in a forum, unless the next thing I do is use "forward". I've found it can confuse the forum sometimes.
  • Options
    It hasn't happened to me, but I never (well, very rarely) use "back" in a forum, unless the next thing I do is use "forward". I've found it can confuse the forum sometimes.

I do this as well. I find it better to use those link things to the forum at the top of the page.
  • Options
    from some reason it sounds like your browser is pulling out a cached page. Use a hard reset (shift f5) and that should resolve the problem.
  • Options
    See this is why you should have gone with Hewlett Packard instead of De Lorean...