Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

is she flirting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys I'm new here so please be gentle..

I need help.
I work at a bar as a bouncer, (but i am a nice one honest!!) and i met this girl and got chatting for about 15 mins. I bought her and her friend a drink, but had to go and do some work and didn't see her til the end of the night. She thanked me for the drink and said she would be back next as it is her birthday. I said to her that i could get her free entry if she liked as it her birthday.
She thanked me and i gave her my number and told her to txt me in the week to sort it out.

On the following wednesday she text me, reminding me who she was (as if i'd forget!!) and thanked me again for the drink and for the free entry this week. At the end of the text was an "x"..

I txt her back with a bit of friendly banter, and asked a few questions about her and generally showed a bit of interest. She text back answering my questions and to me i thought she was showing an interest... again at the end of this txt she left an "x"..

We sent about 4 long txts to each other and i found out she was a final year medical student, where she lived etc.. her last txt had no "x" on it though.

the following day i sent a shprt txt and left an "x"..

Anyway to cut a long story short it turns out she has a boyfriend and wass just being a nice friendly person..

What confuses me though is why the "x"???

Why do girls leave an "x" after a txt if they only want to be friends??

Please help..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It wasn't necessary to re-post this thread. As soon as a moderator sees it in Introduce yourself, it would have been moved her anyway.

I think you got reasonable advice in the first one as well, so...
    ok sorry, like i said i'm new to this and don't know wat to do.. sorry!!
    chunky wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm new here so please be gentle..

I need help.
    I work at a bar as a bouncer, (but i am a nice one honest!!) and i met this girl and got chatting for about 15 mins. I bought her and her friend a drink, but had to go and do some work and didn't see her til the end of the night. She thanked me for the drink and said she would be back next as it is her birthday. I said to her that i could get her free entry if she liked as it her birthday.
    She thanked me and i gave her my number and told her to txt me in the week to sort it out.

On the following wednesday she text me, reminding me who she was (as if i'd forget!!) and thanked me again for the drink and for the free entry this week. At the end of the text was an "x"..

I txt her back with a bit of friendly banter, and asked a few questions about her and generally showed a bit of interest. She text back answering my questions and to me i thought she was showing an interest... again at the end of this txt she left an "x"..

We sent about 4 long txts to each other and i found out she was a final year medical student, where she lived etc.. her last txt had no "x" on it though.

the following day i sent a shprt txt and left an "x"..

Anyway to cut a long story short it turns out she has a boyfriend and wass just being a nice friendly person..

What confuses me though is why the "x"???

Why do girls leave an "x" after a txt if they only want to be friends??

Please help..

I think texts, Emails and msn aren't the way to go. Women leave 'x' on their texts to each other soemtimes, which is a sign of affection. I don't know about guys, I would to a gay male friend but not to a straight male friend in case he got the wrong idea.

Meet her again for sure. :)
    I wouldnt read too much into it mate, i always put a kiss at the end of texts if im sending to a member of the oposite sex regardless of if i like them or not, its just like a common practice, most girls do the same as well.
    Even flirting with someone doesn't necessarily mean you're interested. Chances are she was flirting, because otherwise you wouldn't have even thought twice about the x. Like I said in the other thread, she probably wanted free entry into a club and a free drink. People will flirt to get stuff they want from the opposite sex. And some people will flirt when they don't mean to.
    Yeah, girls just adds the 'x' to the end of txts all the time - I've got a friend who is stunningly gorgeous but who has a boyfriend she travels half the globe to see and every txt I get from her ends with a 'x'

Another female friend in a relationship always calls me 'honey' in txts and ends them with a 'x'

So, don't read anything into it - I'm pretty sure you'd know if it was flirting by the language! :)