Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Poneytail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a few questions, for people that know anything about growing a ponytail.

Firstly, how long would it take for me to grow one? From what I've heard your hair only grows 6 inches per year.. So I guess that it's going to take at least 2 years for it to grow out and stuff?

Note that my hair is very short at the moment..

One other question. What do girl's generally think of a well-kept clean ponytail?

Comments

• Options
    It is amazing at how short your hair can be and still have a ponytail. Not sure what a specific pony tail style is though..., I just throw it up no matter what style it was once supposed to be :p You could try a headband or barretts or http://develop.1joyeria.com/catalog/HairAccessories/705-137L.jpg ,which I personally love, to hold any loose hair back.

I am a fan of ponytails, on myself at least, because I am very lazy with poofy hair :thumb:
  • Options
    I think nostalgia is male - at least I hope so since they started a thread saying they were going to grow a goatee - so I can't see him wearing those. You never know though.
  • Options
    I like ponytails on men, but only on a certain type of bloke - most men cannot pull it off. They can look very 80's camp body builder if they're not looked after.

Generally, I like my men with long hair, but it's definitely an acquired taste.

I honestly couldn't tell you how long it would take to grow your hair long, because each person is different - some men cannot physically grow their hair because of their hair growth pattern and rate, the same for women.
    It all depends m'dear...
  • Options
    I dislike men with ponytails, i associate them with pedo's for some reason (if they have a beard too especially) and i think they look scruffy, well kept or not.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I dislike men with ponytails, i associate them with pedo's for some reason (if they have a beard too especially) and i think they look scruffy, well kept or not.

haha, The Comic Book Guy, from The Simpsons.
  • Options
    Pony tails look slimey, greasy, and sleazy. Don't do it kids.
  • Options
    I like guys with long hair, a pony tail is good too coz it gives you something to think about- taking it out and playing with the hair.