Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

It is right?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    Well, maybe we do need to kill ants for fun as children, thenw e can grow up to be good and enthusiastic hunters.

Sorry mate, misread something in your post. Thought you still did it, which was why I reacted like that.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Where did I say I didn't care for the environment or that humans weren'r responsible. Of course, my care for the environment doesn't go as far as yours but it doesn't mean I don't care.
    I didn't say you don't care... But you have implied that you think I don't because I work for a sustainability group? I'm confused. :confused:

It's all about subjective experiences, people don't care much for flies because really all flies do is buzz around and annoy people. A dog or cat though can be your friend. I don't like dogs because I got attacked by one and sometimes I like spiders and bugs crawling around my hand, am I weird, probably, does it justify humans categorising animals into a hierarchy, probably.
    I agree, many people believe in putting animals in to a heirarchy, I don't.
    katralla wrote: »
    Well, maybe we do need to kill ants for fun as children, thenw e can grow up to be good and enthusiastic hunters.

I reckon killing insects for no obvious reason is something that is specifically human/primate related. I imagine it's something to do with developing dexterity and co-ordination, so it's a natural thing for children to do.
    Namaste wrote: »
    Sorry mate, misread something in your post. Thought you still did it, which was why I reacted like that.

I don't still do the ant thing, lol, I do still do spiders etc.
    What the hell gives you the idea that Bush/Blair are killing anyone because they can't stand them? I've heard some silly opinions on the Iraq war, but this takes the cake.

Do you know why the Bush/Blair cartel are killing people ?
    Killing a few insects is not going to get you in trouble.
    Just make sure you don't kill a protected species :razz: