Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have you ever been in the paper?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    been in the local paper quite a few times for footballing achivements.

My brother was in a national paper (possibly the mirror) for selling his vote on ebay! haha
  • Options
    God, they'll consider anything newsworthy nowadays. :p

:lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    Local paper a few time for brownie/guides/school related bits and pieces. My mum has been on telly twice for nursing items on the local news.
  • Options
    Several papers, quoted, had an article printed in national media, presented ideas to Ministers, help fomulate national policy and been on TV a couple of times too.

The joys of being a public official.
  • Options
    I've been in the local rag a few times because of work.

Aparrently i'm famous in Africa, a country out there did a profile on PCSO's years ago and they used my picture....no idea if it's true or not though.

Oh, and one of the local kids did some sort of English coursework and based it on me, he got an A apparently.
  • Options
    No, I have never been in the paper mainly because I'm not a celebrity LOL ;)
    However a picture I took was once published.
  • Options
    I don't think i've ever been in the paper. There was an article in the local paper a year or two ago where a person with the exact same name as me, same age and same area had been charged with GBH and various other nasty things. Everyone thought it was me, i just found it odd that someone had the same name as me as it's fairly unusual.
  • Options
    Once for planting a tree.

And then I was on the tv news for being exceptionally gifted (they were pioneering a scheme where young intelligent children would do a two week summer school to expand their knowledge. I learn loads, but then didn't want to do a presentation :p).
  • Options
    MLY wrote: »
    I don't think i've ever been in the paper. There was an article in the local paper a year or two ago where a person with the exact same name as me, same age and same area had been charged with GBH and various other nasty things. Everyone thought it was me, i just found it odd that someone had the same name as me as it's fairly unusual.

Oh yeah, that's what they all say. You honestly expect us to believe that old excuse?
  • Options
    yes 38 times they love me in my local paper an all of my ood looks lol jk ust been in 2 times once when i was born cos the gates of hell opened up an once when my local park opend an tht was odd cos there was kids i have never seen befor there an i knew all the ppl that live around my way grr
  • Options
    I was on TV once - it was only because I was at a local football that was being shown on TV though.
  • Options
    When I was about 8 and the guy who played Reg Holdsworth in Corrie at the time came to open a revamped local supermarket. I was quoted on the front page as something like "<my name>, aged 8, was delighted with an autograph - "he's great; the best in the programme", she said"... oh, the shame!
  • Options
    not that i'm aware of. when i graduate my mum is gonna put a thingy in the paper among the marriages, births and deaths bit. only because i asked her too, haha.
  • Options
    not that i'm aware of. when i graduate my mum is gonna put a thingy in the paper among the marriages, births and deaths bit. only because i asked her too, haha.

I would find that so embarrassing...
  • Options
    well don't ask your mum to do it for you then. :)
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Once for planting a tree.

And then I was on the tv news for being exceptionally gifted (they were pioneering a scheme where young intelligent children would do a two week summer school to expand their knowledge. I learn loads, but then didn't want to do a presentation :p).

Awww.....I'd expect nothing less!! :yes:
  • Options
    No, but everyone's seen my mum's pussy in print. Not that one, dirty people. :) One of mum's cats was in a film and a play.
  • Options
    What makes you sure sure that we haven't also seen *that* one Rubberskin ;)
  • Options
    i havent been in the paper but my daddy had :D
  • Options
    I have...
    ...several times, but not recently. This happened ages ago when I (still) was rock-star in my country :rolleyes: I've been on the telly quite few times as well, doing interviews or performing live. Last couple of years I'm writing an article for music magazine, so this still counts for being on the paper I guess.
  • Options
    I was in the paper a few times as a kid, when I did something exciting at school or when it was the local carnival.
  • Options
    noo, when i used to volunteer at projects where I live sometimes the newspaper guy came to take photos but I always managed to get out of em. Our local paper is a load of shite.
  • Options
    erm..twice in the local paper. One for the school nativity play and the other was a parade thing cant remember what it was about though
  • Options
    I graced the front page of the local 'rustic' paper as "the swanboy" when a kid,for befriending a couple of celebrity swans of a village; ah the idyllic pastoral days.
  • Options
    Aye, I've been in the Yorkshire Evening Post quite a few times (almost always with pictures :o ) for vaguely shit and embarrassing things at school (school musicals, fun runs, competitions, exam results).

Also made it into the Wakefield Express (get in!) for winning the regional heat of some fashion design competition when I was at uni :D Didn't win the final though :(
  • Options
    I wrote the Queen a birthday card when I was 7 and the letter from her secretary that I got back was published in the Ilford Recorder...
  • Options
    I was on the front page for climbing the scaffolding around sheffield cathedral and commiting the deadly crime of taking photgraphs of the inside of an empty hospital.
  • Options
    *nods*

Been in the Daily Mail financial section, the local Green Guardian, the press back home and obviously the college papers which I occasionally write for.
  • Options
    Local paper at nights out and my picture for my birthday 3 years ago, nothing else really i can think of.