Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

buckfast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
drank a bottle of this last night, then had good sex, so maybe buckfast does really make you fuckfast. I was suprised actually, it looks grim like prune juice but is sweet and easy to drink.

Comments

• Options
    the drink of champions :D
  • Options
    I've never understood how a tonic wine made by monks in an obscure Devon abbey came to be the drink of choice for Scots alchies. How did that happen?
  • Options
    i have never seen it in shops round here, only place is online at 6.49 for 75cl. is it worth ordering a bottle?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    My corner shop sell it, as does the local supermarket...
  • Options
    Ah Buckfast...it's the finest tonic you'll sup! I've not had any in aaaaaaages.

ETA - It's also really nice with Lambrini or Red Bull. :yes:
  • Options
    i have never seen it in shops round here, only place is online at 6.49 for 75cl. is it worth ordering a bottle?

Well it's £5.49 in most shops around here so yea it's probably worth ordering it, but order more than 1 if your going to be ordering from online.

Yea bucky's the drink to drink, 2 bottles of bucky and your a fucking nut.

And yea 1983 when mixed with red bull it's nice and sends you away with it.
  • Options
    What percentage is it? How much would you mix in a glass with Red Bull if buying it at a club or something?
    I may think about getting some.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    What percentage is it? How much would you mix in a glass with Red Bull if buying it at a club or something?
    I may think about getting some.

It's 15% but loaded with caffeine, think there's the equilvant of around 4 or so cans of red bull.

I highly doubt you'd get it in a club, have only seen it over in santa ponza for sale at pubs and it's a rip off, was 3 euro or something for a small shitty glass,you could buy a big bottle for around 12 or 13 euro and drink it in the club, quality. never bothered though, too dear.

Whenever i've drank it with red bull before i've just drank enough of the bottle of buckfast so the red bull can go in and then pour the red bull in.

Can you not buy it round ur place pill'ed?
  • Options
    Shogun wrote: »

Can you not buy it round ur place pill'ed?

We don't sell it at the bar where I work and I've never seen it for sale in any pubs or in Tesco. To be honest I've never really searched for it before so I'll have a hunt around all the supermarkets and booze shops around here.
  • Options
    I'd never seen it before but found it in a little independent off license.
  • Options
    £4.99 round my way.

Pretty much available in Ireland and Scotland in any off licence, not so much England.

Depends on the bottle though, some are lovely, some you just have to horse it into you.
  • Options
    You get it in a couple of off-licenses round Newcastle, I spend ages hunting it down a couple of years ago and found out that a lot more places used to stock it until the local kids started going fucking loopy :lol:

You can't beat bucky! :thumb:
  • Options
    is it worth ordering a bottle?

Only if you're a ned or fancy being stereotyped as one :razz:
  • Options
    tescos sell a drink called 'tudor rose' thats similar, only 13% tho but it does the job and its half the price

its either that or the white cider when on a budget!

also, try glaston brew.. get an empty litre and a half bottle, fire a bottle of bucky, 2 tins of redbull and a half bottle of vodka into it

its a bit rough, its a bizarre purple colour, but boy does it get you FUCKED

haha ive never seen anyone projectile vomit as much as my mate after that, fucker was shootin about 3 metres :lol:
  • Options
    Me and my mates have Buckfast Wednesdays. I've talked about them on here before. A bit like Orange Wednesdays except no cinema and you just have to drink a bottle of buckie.

It's good stuff. As Yerascrote says though, the variation is unbelievable. I swear they mustn't actually have quality control checks, hardly surprising. People say you can tell how good it will be by numbers on the bottle and stuff but I think it's just pot luck. Nearly always get a bottle of buckie the morning after a party as soon as the off licenses open. Someone always has to do a buckie run.

Ahh, the purple nectar. I might get some this weekend now. :thumb:
  • Options
    I've never ever seen this stuff sold, is it only available in certain parts of the country?
  • Options
    MLY wrote: »
    I've never ever seen this stuff sold, is it only available in certain parts of the country?

I've only seen it in some shops in Manchester, few and far between.

Readily available in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    People say you can tell how good it will be by numbers on the bottle and stuff

There's some truth to that. The bottles are numbered (1 - 24, maybe a bit higher) to denote their position in the crate, and by extension in which order they were filled from the barrell. Higher number = thicker and more gloopy shite that's been sitting at the bottom.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    There's some truth to that. The bottles are numbered (1 - 24, maybe a bit higher) to denote their position in the crate, and by extension in which order they were filled from the barrell. Higher number = thicker and more gloopy shite that's been sitting at the bottom.

Well that's that settled - I'll not argue with a Glaswegian on the matter. :razz:
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »

More than that, I've had bottles in their 30's before.

Numbers mean fuck all, hate wee cunts saying "ah number 9 is the best"

Just because you had a nice bottle of bucky that was number 9 does not mean all number 9's are good. For the reason you mentioned above.

ETA: Monks toe nails...hmmmmm!
  • Options
    Number means nothing.

end of debate.

the quicker people realise that the better.or not even better, who gives a fuck at the end of the day.

ye ho.
  • Options
    MLY wrote: »

I found my bottle in Dorset.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    tescos sell a drink called 'tudor rose' thats similar, only 13% tho but it does the job and its half the price

Aha. must try that too then!
  • Options
    I cant see anytihng other than bucky doing the job it is, you know yourslf z01, im not trying to agrue...ah what the fuck ami about? clean off my rocker you know yulrsaef again..

hve to get down there some night with turlough and meet yas for a few jars. ye ho yhe haha.h?

:D
  • Options
    Shogun wrote: »
    I cant see anytihng other than bucky doing the job it is, you know yourslf z01, im not trying to agrue...ah what the fuck ami about? clean off my rocker you know yulrsaef again..

hve to get down there some night with turlough and meet yas for a few jars. ye ho yhe haha.h?

:D

Hahaha, you boys crack me up. The Irish and Scottish heavy need a Bucky party. I'm going to get some tonight whilst I sort my hair and make up tonight for my mates' DO! Pure canny wait, YALDY! :D
  • Options
    got some tudor rose and vodka, and am going to drink it in the park on this my last night of freedom. (DD gets back from hol tomorrow)
  • Options
    Fuck me, I haven't drunk buckfast since I was 14/15. I've always been a vodka lad tbh.

I would buy a bottle but I'd probably be beaten up and disowned by my mates.
  • Options
    Ahhh Buckfast, the Scotish Crystál, it's no Blue Nun.