Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Taning lotion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
YOu know those lotions that are only supposed to give you a gradual slight hint of color... http://www.vaseline.com/glow/index.asp specifically. (In fair, obviously) Well, when I use it ONCE, I am so pale that there are obvious lines where the lotion didn't go. So does anybody have any reccomendations of any other products? Maybe something lighter still :p

I blind people when the sun reflects off of me and I got harassed twice at the gym the other day because there were people from the taning salon down the way promoting their stuff :( It was like when the people selling food go to larger people, they went to the albino.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I find that I tend to streak when I use a cream or a spray. But for some reason, if I use a foam it always comes out really well. I use Piz Buin Max Foam. They do a Mid one too.

I mean you could always try those moisturier ones that build up.. but thats still a cream.

Don't forget to wear gloves :)
    Garnier Body summer

It's good. :yes:

Moisturiser with slight tan in it... doesn't streak or anything... Does actually gradually built up a healthy looking glow too. :)
    Oh I've been wanting to try some other garnier stuff, it always seems to smell good but couldn't think of a reason to buy anything yet :p I didn't know they made a taning lotion. Thanks. I shall have a look. Hopefully their pale is pale enough ;)
    i have pale skin too, so i mix the hint-of-colour moisturiser with some regular body lotion, means it goes further but dilutes it more so you dont get as many streaks or look 'orange' as you can do if you've got pale skin
    Last summer I used Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion and it gave me a really natural looking tan that didn't streak in the slightest. It's been voted product of the year 07 I believe.
    Save yourself some money, put a couple of tea bags in the bath et voila!
    I need to moisturize every day though anyway :p I get itchy otherwise :(

The diluting it with regular lotion is just genius, thanks H-face?

On a (slightly) side not, has anybody tried anything similar to http://www.jergens.com/Our_Collection/Product_Detail.asp?ProductID=6
    Johnsons Holiday Skin has worked well on my skin! Maybe you need to spend a little longer working the product into your skin to avoid streaks. Also make sure you use an exfoliater a couple of times a week as you will get better results with the tanning product.
    I've never gotten streaks from the product though. It's nice and smooth coverage, I'll give it that. The only problem I had was that even after the first use it was way too dark and since I only put it on my legs, I had funny sock and butt lines :p
    I love this stuff, i tried it when we were in Hawaii and LOVED it, i got 2 big bottles, but i need to order more cos everyone keeps finishing it and the saddest thing is that i've barely used it since i got back :(
    Sorry I misread your post! Well the recommendation still applies especially as it really is just a tint in a mosturiser and I have very pale skin and it worked well for me :)
    Yeah, I realized I did a very bad job explaining. I suck at that.

Thanks too :thumb: I shall check out for the Johnsons one also. :D

On a completly different note, I didn't realize how many different brands were johnson and johnson... :chin:
    H-face wrote: »
    i have pale skin too, so i mix the hint-of-colour moisturiser with some regular body lotion, means it goes further but dilutes it more so you dont get as many streaks or look 'orange' as you can do if you've got pale skin

OH I tried that last night and it worked great. Don't have the pretend sock line ;) Thanks :D
    Amira wrote: »
    I love this stuff, i tried it when we were in Hawaii and LOVED it, i got 2 big bottles, but i need to order more cos everyone keeps finishing it and the saddest thing is that i've barely used it since i got back :(

ooo is that stuff worth the pennies then? Im a sucker for lotion to get me a tan quicker! Might get some for my holibobs! The bottle isnt very pretty though tut tut! x
    Amira wrote: »

ooo is that stuff worth the pennies then? Im a sucker for lotion to get me a tan quicker! Might get some for my holibobs! The bottle isnt very pretty though tut tut! x
    yeh don't forget to wear gloves or something. even though they say they build up gradually..on first application i have orange between my fingers! it always happens so you'd think i'd remember but i don't.
    Johnson's Holiday Skin aaaalll the way. Tis awesome.
    Makes you smell like soggy biscuits!