Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are you up to?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sat at work, on here, listening to some Kooks perhaps a little too loudly.

My Managing Director has just walked in asking where the departmental manager is, i said i wasn't sure, but pointed the direction he went, he then asked me to ask him to pop in and see him when he got back, which i'm 99% sure is to discuss my (what will be meagre) pay rise...

So i don't think i made the best impression moments before that discussion... oops!

Comments

• Options
    Fixing my laptop.
    researching into what LCD tv to buy.
    As above, but for mobile phone.
    Worrying about somebody.
    Watching youtube.

Oh, and I'm at home :( It's raining on and off!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sat at home bored. Went to uni today briefly, came home and now sat about.

Tempted to go back to bed really.

I am bloody hungry though.
  • Options
    Best of luck with your pay rise...
    Funny enough I'm having a meeting today with my manager to sort out a pay rise!

At the moment though I am bored! its been a bit of a quite week, and I'm looking forward to the weekend, so every min seems like an hour!
  • Options
    At work dossing on the internet. Been here since 9am and have only done two hours work (had to run the payroll)
  • Options
    I'm sat at work, discussing someone's leaving 'do'. So not doing very much work, we're trying to work out where to go for a curry :D

I've just found out that my probationary period is over and i'm being moved into a different accounting department to further my training. So hurrah, or something. And i don't get any extra money cos the company's not doing too well.
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »
    Fixing my laptop.
    researching into what LCD tv to buy.
    As above, but for mobile phone.
    Worrying about somebody.
    Watching youtube.

Oh, and I'm at home :( It's raining on and off!

Mate - regarding the TV, after a lot of research a couple of months ago, this is the best one you can get at £1000, bar none:

42" Plasma

Phone-wise, if you don't want all that 3G rubbish (I work in the mobile telecoms industry and honestly don't have any use for it), this is again what I went for (I had the predecessor as well):

8800 Sirocco

Apart from that, I am attempting to look busy. Most likely failing, but I don't actually care as I am leaving to head back into London for the weekend in 30 minutes! :hyper:
  • Options
    Ah yeah, but it's not full HDTV now is it? ;)
    Although it looks nice, but not as nice as Samsung's line! mmmm

Plus I like researching hehe
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    about to start getting ready for my hawt date tonight

Dish the dirt! Who what when where (not why, that's not appropriate)?

I am sitting at work staring out at a delectable builder's butt crack. Lush! T minus 92 minutes 'til home :hyper:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Best of luck with your pay rise...
    Funny enough I'm having a meeting today with my manager to sort out a pay rise!

Cheers, hopefully yours will go a little better than mine!

70 pence increase lol, I wouldn't complain but i've been on a dreadful wage since i started here 2 years ago and have only the "standard 2% increase", and none at all last year!!

That said he did ask me to keep it quiet because they can't afford to do a general pay rise this year! so i should be grateful to some extent, and with it not being a huge increase i wont have reason to feel guilty if any of my up coming interviews prove successful :thumb:
  • Options
    *Grumbles*

At least you're getting one...
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »
    Ah yeah, but it's not full HDTV now is it? ;)
    Although it looks nice, but not as nice as Samsung's line! mmmm

Plus I like researching hehe

Oh i've not had reason to look into all the specs and things, but i love the look of Samsungs line, similarly their NV camera line, very smart and sexy :thumb:
  • Options
    Watching Braveheart and packing all my shit to go home on the morrow.
  • Options
    I'm sat in the library writing up an essay.

However, I haven't really been very productive the past couple of hours because my course mates were nearby and yeah :lol:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    erm... a guy from work :owe can leave out the flight deck floozy comments, thankya very muchly going out for tapas in a place that I don't know my way to so I'm having to meet him at work

and why? I get on so well with him, have spent about 8 hours on the phone to each other in the last couple days.. not sure if I fancy him yet

captain is away sailing so he hopefully won't find out :razz:

ooh ooh let me come get ready with you!! I can do your hair and nails, and nikki can give you some proper treatments...be there soon!! :)

No seriously, I hope it goes well for you missy!
  • Options
    erm... a guy from work :owe can leave out the flight deck floozy comments, thankya very muchly going out for tapas in a place that I don't know my way to so I'm having to meet him at work

and why? I get on so well with him, have spent about 8 hours on the phone to each other in the last couple days.. not sure if I fancy him yet

captain is away sailing so he hopefully won't find out :razz:

Ooh, how come I never managed to swing any office romances with rich doctors eh!? Heh. Anyway, I'm sure after a bottle of wine and some delicious tapas you'll decide you DO fancy him. If you're owt like me, anyway ;)

Have fun m'dear :thumb:
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    ooh ooh let me come get ready with you!! I can do your hair and nails, and nikki can give you some proper treatments...be there soon!! :)

You Girls! What you like!

*Any chance of me sneeking along to help you get ready, we'll all wax each others backs!*
  • Options
    Debating whether to wax or not to wax. I don't really want to, but sod's law dictates that if I don't I will wish I had at some point later this evening.

Starting to get ready to go out as well-have to be at my mates at 7:30pm, I don't usually leave the house until about 10:30pm on a Friday :crazyeyes