Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting Lost

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When was the last time you got totally and utterly lost?

The other night me and my friends went to see my mates band play in Manchester. We couldn't find anywhere to park near the venue so we parked my car on a random side street and then walked to the place where they were playing, i didn't know where it was but one of my friends did.

After the gig two of my friends went out to a club so that left me and one friend to go back and find my car...but could we find it?! NO. All the streets look the same!

After panicking for a bit we decided we'd walk back to the venue where my friends band had played, wait for them to pack up their stuff and then get them to help find my car...but then we'd walked so far trying to find my car, that we couldn't find our way back to the venue either! doubly lost!! :crazyeyes

haha! in the end we wandered around for half an hour, enlisted the help of some crazy drunken guy so help us find the venue, who then ended up taking us in the totally wrong direction, and finally stumbled across my car completely randomly. i've never been so glad to see it in my entire life.

So. Yes we are both very blonde but it can happen to anyone right? Anybody got lost recently? :D

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I'm male I have a good sense of directio nad kjnow how to read a map.

Your as bad as my sister - she;s bloned and female too.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Last summer I got invited uo to my friends house in London and I phoned him just after I'd arrived in London and he told me where to go next.

I misheard 'get a wimbledon bound tube train to Putney Bridge' as 'get a tube train to Wimbledon'

Got off at Wimbledon and kind of panicked. I phoned my friend and told him what happened and he just told me to get a cab back to the tube station and get the tube back to Putney.

By the sounds of things, he'd decided to tell everyone because when I finally made it to his house (just after 2pm instead of just after 1pm) everyone started cheering, he put his arms around me and made me go bright red.:o
  • Options
    Some cunts changed direction posts once and we ended up in a field in the middle of the night. It was scary.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I'm male I have a good sense of directio nad kjnow how to read a map.

Your as bad as my sister - she;s bloned and female too.

Oh be quiet you pisshead...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Oh be quiet you pisshead...

If I wanted to hear form an arsehole I';d fart. :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    my mate ste (you may know him, elisa) lost his car the other night. he drove to his mates and went into town, got leathered, went home and when he woke up he was alarmed to find he'd lost his car.

i know thats not you were getting at, but hey. got lost in the lake district once, that was brilliant though.
  • Options
    World Cup Final night.

I was wasted and everybody else fucked off home and left me, so I started staggering about. I ended up completely lost and down the red light district and there was a bit of a misunderstanding with a lady of the night. When I realised what was going on (at a cash machine ready to get money out) I scarpered and she shouted on her pimp to come and do me in. I legged it like I've never legged it before, and made it home in one piece :thumb:
  • Options
    I have got lost in Londo a few time. Been sat in the van, with an A-z on my lap and missed a turn. Londoin is the land of 'no right turns' so it can proove to be your undoing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    In Malaga, took me three and a half hours to find my way back, and it was fucking hot !

Still got a hell of a tan though :D

:thumb:
  • Options
    Same as you Elisa, at a gig....but we were in the actual parking area, in our defense it was VERY dark.

Last time i got lost in a place i don't know was everywhere we went on our honeymoon. And they say men have a good sense of direction...he was bloody worse than me!
  • Options
    Last year in my first week in uni, came out of a house party pissed and took a wrong turn. Ended up in some dodgy housing estate, never as scared in my life, managed to chase a taxi down and get the fook out of there.
  • Options
    The scariest place I ever got lost in was Leith in Edinburgh after a party in the area. I was totally fucked as well and I couldn't get through to my friends on the phone. Eventually one of them called me and tracked me down. Scary shit. Loadsa dodgy looking fuckers about there.

Got lost in San Antonio in Ibiza as well one time but I was with my mates. Was about 3 or 4 am and we'd just been on the town, first night there. Couldn't find our apartment at all and then it started pouring, like total storm. Was sweet though, the rain was really warm and lashing down. So we just danced in the rain, lost in the middle of San Antonio. Didn't get back to the apartments for ages.
  • Options
    Couldn't find our apartment at all and then it started pouring, like total storm. Was sweet though, the rain was really warm and lashing down. So we just danced in the rain, lost in the middle of San Antonio. Didn't get back to the apartments for ages.

Now that sounds a right laugh. I could imagine myself doing the same and remembering that momment for the rest of my life.
  • Options
    The last time I got really lost was a while ago now... I was with a couple of mates tripping on shrooms in the middle of a field at about 2 in the morning.

Didn't have a clue how to get back out onto the main road! Spent about an hour walking around, it got bad when one of the bloke started to panic (not good on shrooms!)

Eventually we found our way back though :D

That was a very bizarre night.
  • Options
    Quite often actually. I know the area where I work like the back of my hand, but last year they sent me to another division because of a massive train crash and I got utterly lost.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've not been THAT lost as far as I can remember, but the closest thing happened last summer.
    I had been to a concert, on top of a hill here (it has a big outdoors stage). Getting back down, I followed the few pedestrians. Then they went too few (most of them got in their cars) and I wasn't sure where to go.
    I remembered the general direction that the city centre is, so I started walking there. Streets empty, no cars and no pedestrians. At some point I came across someone I knew from uni, but I was so surprised to see her in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of the night that I forgot to ask for directions.
    Eventually I saw a cab approaching. I thought, "To heck with the train" and stopped it to go home. It turned in the next crossing, and then I saw it was a place I knew well -and quite far from the centre, where I was headed.
  • Options
    I have got lost in Londo a few time. Been sat in the van, with an A-z on my lap and missed a turn. Londoin is the land of 'no right turns' so it can proove to be your undoing.

London is the only place in the UK I've ever genuinely needed Sat-Nav. The place is just so damned big, and as you point out, full of 'no right turns' and also one way systems that a single wrong turn/missed turn can take you 30 minutes to correct in traffic.

But otherwise, no, I don't get lost. I can never understand how people can have no sense of direction... My mum is a nightmare, whereas me and my dad, once we've driven somewhere once, we've got it stored for life.
  • Options

Just take 3 lefts and start again :thumb:
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Just take 3 lefts and start again :thumb:

:lol:

Unless they decide you can't turn left, either! Sometimes a loop-de-loop is needed, with a 180 flip in mid-air :D
  • Options
    My dad got me lost on Cannock Chase a few weeks back. I wasn't impressed.... 7 hours of walking and not knowing where you are isn't fun.

Before that, me and my friends got quite cheerfully lost on the way back from Alton Towers. Ended up in Derby (i.e no where near home). That was a 30 min journey that took us 4 hours... luckily, we were having a laugh but if we'd of been heading somewhere for a certain time, or not so cheerful it'd of probably been really worrying (since it was pitch black and pelting down with rain)
  • Options
    when i was in goa a couple of years ago i got majorly lost

went to a street market with my family - which happened to be indoors (well, underneath loads of canopy things)
    we were all traipsing through single file looking at all the stalls, when i saw something i liked and stopped to look at it. i TOLD my mum i was doing this because i tapped her and told her what i was doing.

however 10 seconds later i turned round to find they had aall gone. i got reeally panicky because the aisles were really narrow and the market was mahusive!
    i attempted to go look for them and eventually (as in like 10 minutes later :p ) i found them. i was really teary actually! i found it majorly scary because at the time i had noo money on me or phone etc, so if i hadnt of found them idve been buggered!!
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    so if i hadnt of found them idve been buggered!!

Because they were going to come back here to sunny old England without noticing?
  • Options
    heh well i wouldnt go that far! Im sure the lack of my constant babbling would alert them to the fact that i wasnt there.

just meant that if i hadntve found them then i wouldnt have been able to get back to the hotel and stuff like that
  • Options
    I'm very bad for getting lost on the bus but it's honestly never my fault. I got lost just this morning and in the end i was so stressed i just gave up and went home.

I don't mind getting lost as it's usually a good laugh, we eventually get to where we want to be, even if having a bus driver tell us to get the wrong bus on the wrong side of the road takes us out of town then back into town !

Today's fiasco wouldnt have happened if A) I had actually any clue where i was going/route to take and B) if the first bus out of the 2 [both the same service] didnt have the wrong livery on it ! It turned out the actual bus was driving a different route which led to me boarding the completely wrong bus going out of town and coming back again.

It's a bit of a joke with me and my mate that we always get lost on the buses, or just lost in general but usually it's a good laugh, not today though.
  • Options
    I havent got really lost in years. Taken a couple of odd turns here and there but my sense of direction is quite good.