Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Finally I'm gettin somewhere

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just been offered a work placement for at least 3 months possibly leading to a proper job in the Marketing Department where I work. This is going to look so so good on my CV because of where it is I actually work and everything I'll be doing. I'm going to be shadowing different people in the department, going to meetings and getting involved in projects. If I'm still here in the Summer thne I'll be getting my own project!

Its been a nightmare 3 months trying to find a job with no Marketing qualifications or experience but I'm finally getting somewhere now and it feels great :D

Comments

• Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I have just been offered a work placement for at least 3 months possibly leading to a proper job in the Marketing Department where I work. This is going to look so so good on my CV because of where it is I actually work and everything I'll be doing. I'm going to be shadowing different people in the department, going to meetings and getting involved in projects. If I'm still here in the Summer thne I'll be getting my own project!

Its been a nightmare 3 months trying to find a job with no Marketing qualifications or experience but I'm finally getting somewhere now and it feels great :D

Nice one :D . I think were both in similar positions. Hope it goes well for you.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Ooo well done!

I can see myself being in the same situation in a few months time :(
  • Options
    You obviously havent been in the office environment long - you are looking forward to going to meetings!
  • Options
    I quite like going to meetings mostly at least it makes you feel like your actually doing work rather than trying to stop yourself from getting destracted by the internet................
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Nice one Lipsy, work experience is the way forward!
  • Options
    :D Yey! Well done! And good luck with it all.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I quite like going to meetings mostly at least it makes you feel like your actually doing work

Exactly, it makes you feel like you are actually working, except of course next to nothing gets agreed, and even when it does nothing really comes of it.

Dilbert - I dont work at work, I have meetings.
  • Options
    sorry didn't see this! well done! :hyper:
  • Options
    Ah that's top news, good work! :D
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Exactly, it makes you feel like you are actually working, except of course next to nothing gets agreed, and even when it does nothing really comes of it.
    Two people at my work spent a hour the other day in my office, deciding what colour and thicknesses of card to order. I wouldn't mind, but they did exactly the same thing the last time they ordered card too. How much discussion can go into that for fuck's sake.

Well done Lipsy, I hope it goes well for ya.