Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Radio One's Big Weekend

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is anyone here gonna try and get some tickets?

Its in Preston this year! How fricking cool! :hyper: Moor Park is practically on my door step!

I hope I get tickets :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is anyone here gonna try and get some tickets?

Oooh maybe.... haven't heard much about it this year (yet) though.
    Ooh I might, and if I do Stacey I'm coming to stay with youuuuu before I go to THAILAND! :D
    Good luck getting ticktes - most of them were supposed to go to local people last year when it was in Dundee but the town was full of irritiating West Coast indie scenesters apparently :chin:

The dance party was shit hot though :yes:
    1983 wrote: »
    Ooh I might, and if I do Stacey I'm coming to stay with youuuuu before I go to THAILAND! :D

Ha, ok :p

Bri-namite - Do you know if there is a limit on how many times you can apply? My flat mate applied about ten times last year and luckily, got a pair of tickets for Dundee despite living in Preston/Liverpool. I'm hoping it will be the same thing this year!

I'm hoping that because I actually live in Preston, I will get a pair of tickets. There is so many students here though wanting a pair. I want to go! If I don't get a pair, I plan on sneaking in, somehow!!!!!! :chin:
    It's always in the fucking north. :grump:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Renzo wrote: »
    Stop whinging you poncy Southern fairy.
    JsT wrote: »

:lol:

We never have anything in Prestonia (although we do have some rather cool bands playing at our union, 53 degrees) so like, yeah :p

James, remember, you are applying for me as wellllllll :D :thumb:
    JsT wrote: »

I may be a southern ponce but i'm not a fairy. :mad:

Nuts to you all I'm going to Glastonbury anyway (in theory)

Bri-namite - Do you know if there is a limit on how many times you can apply? My flat mate applied about ten times last year and luckily, got a pair of tickets for Dundee despite living in Preston/Liverpool. I'm hoping it will be the same thing this year!

I'm hoping that because I actually live in Preston, I will get a pair of tickets. There is so many students here though wanting a pair. I want to go! If I don't get a pair, I plan on sneaking in, somehow!!!!!! :chin:

Can't remember if there's a limit, but get your family to apply for tickets too - anybody with a Preston postcode gets top priority for tickets so you'll be bound to get tickets for one of the days from somebody :yes:

No guarantees though, last year the posties were stealing letters with tickets in them and handing them round in pubs. There were also a suspiciouly high amount of Weegies there too, so just make sure you get as many people to apply for you as you can.
    Aye. Its all well and good getting other people to apply but doesn't the person that applies have to be with you when you enter the park?

I was told that you had to show ID to show that you were the person who was named on the ticket.

If I win some, I hope no bloody postman steals them :grump:

Oh and what are 'weegies'? :blush:
    Aye. Its all well and good getting other people to apply but doesn't the person that applies have to be with you when you enter the park?

I think people just blagged it last year. So long as you're not pretending to be your Uncle Derek then you'll be fine.
    Oh and what are 'weegies'? :blush:

Glaswegians, the place was apparently crawling with them last year, when Radio 1were going to make sure that "local people" got the majority of the tickets :rolleyes:

HARSH! :razz: But you should go, I had an ace time last year. :yes:
    You should check the line up for each day before you apply, cause it's unlikely you'll get tickets for both days.

I used about six of my old addresses in Dundee to get tickets for 1983 for the Sunday (I think) last year, but t'no avail :no:
    I have signed the mailing list, guess just have to sit and wait now
    1983 wrote: »
    HARSH! :razz: But you should go, I had an ace time last year. :yes:

Haha. It wasn't meant to come across in a horrible way!

I am going to apply lots for tickets. I'm just gonna have to cross my fingers and hope I'm lucky!
    I have subscribed to the mailing list, do you just wait now. What are the chances of anyone outside preston getting tickets?
    Also if I have subscribed my email address how many tickets can you get?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Renzo wrote: »

:yes:

Let the monkeys have it have it. They live in such a dive, let them having something nice for free.

We still got all the best festivals anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
    What is the line up?