Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

student advice/ucas advicer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
is there such as thing as a ucas advicer and where would i find one...there isn't one a college only a connexions advice who doesn't deal with uni stuff....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Usually your tutor or whoever writes your reference for UCAS.

Failing that try head of year. In the meantime, can we help?
    my tutor knows nothing, and we have no head of year, i go to an FE college not a 6th form.

i need someone to help me calculate how much of a loan i need to get, and exactly what my uni of choosing can help me with...and loads of other stuff
    That's not really UCAS stuff, UCAS does admissions.

The connexions people may be able to help if it's a funding question. Other places to try getting in touch with include; the department you're applying to and ask who the best person to talk to about financial support is, the students union at that uni, and your LEA.
    conexions are naff. They won't help me!
    Try those others I suggested then.

It sounds like you know where you're going, or at least where you want to go, so talk to them.
    We have a 'UCAS Man' at our college who I think, is the colleges applications co-ordinator.

If we need help with UCAS we usually talk to Tom. (Although he's pretty useless as he sent my UCAS application after the deadline!)