Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Undergraduate work experience

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone

The situation is this:
after summer i will be going to uni but i have absolutely nothing to do over the long summer.

Does anyone know where i can get good work experience or know any websites i can visit.

thx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are you going to do at uni?

And it depends what you are looking for. Things like playschemes, summer camps etc are always looking for staff over the summer holiday. You could sign up with a temping agency, generally the sooner you do it the better, so sign up over Easter even if you don't want any work until after your A levels.

If you're after work experience and have any idea of what you might want to do when you graduate then start writing to companies asking if they'll have you for work experience.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Does anyone know where i can get good work experience or know any websites i can visit.

thx

Hi there, welcome to TheSite :wave:

It might be worth writing to a few companies you'd be interested in doing work experience with - the earlier the better.

Here are some other websites you might find useful:

www.summerjobs4students.co.uk

www.do-it.org.uk - TheSite.org's sister website which has a database of volunteering opportunities

www.ccusa.com

www.campamerica.co.uk

www.bunac.org

YMCA

Good luck finding something :)