Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why Do I Bruise So Easily?

For some reason, ever since I started my work placement in October, I've basically come hom with my knees covered in bruises and sometimes some of the skin comes off my knees. Yet, all I seem to do is either walk around or kneel on the floor - which I did at my work placement and had no problems.

For some reason, I will come home with bruises adn the next day they've basically gone.

Anyone know why?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote: »
    For some reason, ever since I started my work placement in October, I've basically come hom with my knees covered in bruises and sometimes some of the skin comes off my knees. Yet, all I seem to do is either walk around or kneel on the floor - which I did at my work placement and had no problems.

For some reason, I will come home with bruises adn the next day they've basically gone.

Anyone know why?

You sure it's not dirt/dye that washes off? Just a thought!
  • Options
    No it's not.
  • Options
    Are you taking any supplements? Might help to take a multi-vitamin and see if that helps. Could be a change of routine, you not eating as well as before. or maybe you're reacting to a change in the environment?

For instance I used to know a girl at work who was fine, until the laser printer was moved opposite her desk. Such printers can sometimes blow out tiny particles of powdered toner (dry ink) .. the printer used to make her feel unwell.
  • Options
    Not taking any vitamins or anything like that. Am not eating as much though - would that really help?
  • Options
    When people bruise very easily they are usually anemic.

Iron deficiency causes anemia... So taking a supplement with iron would probably help.

There are other signs that you might be iron deficient...
    Do you chew on ice alot? Do you chew on hard things in general like pens etc? This is your bodys sign that you need iron.
  • Options
    Anomalous wrote: »
    There are other signs that you might be iron deficient...
    Do you chew on ice alot? Do you chew on hard things in general like pens etc? This is your bodys sign that you need iron.

:confused: I'm dying to know how that shows someone needs iron....

Not that I don't believe youm but surely that's just a habit?
  • Options
    I do chew on stuff alot (I do have the habit of trying to bite the area of my teeth where I've got teeth coming through) however, I've been doing that for months but have only just started having problems.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    :confused: I'm dying to know how that shows someone needs iron....

Not that I don't believe youm but surely that's just a habit?

Aside from the natural habit of some people to chew on things... oral fixation as it were; there is the the unnatural compulsive need to chew on things which mimics the masticating and digesting of meat, which is the best raw source of iron.

Neolithic man (all the way up to now) has chewed the meat of animals for its protein and iron, cracking the bones between our teeth for the marrow. It is believed by scientists that when people become anemic and suddenly find themselves gnawing on hard objects like ice or pens that it is the unevolved portion of thier brain that is trying to rectify the deficiency.
  • Options

Iron deficiency causes anemia...

Potassium, too.

EDIT: Makes you bruise easy I mean, not causes anemia :/
  • Options
    Aside from the natural habit of some people to chew on things... oral fixation as it were; there is the the unnatural compulsive need to chew on things which mimics the masticating and digesting of meat, which is the best raw source of iron.

Neolithic man (all the way up to now) has chewed the meat of animals for its protein and iron, cracking the bones between our teeth for the marrow. It is believed by scientists that when people become anemic and suddenly find themselves gnawing on hard objects like ice or pens that it is the unevolved portion of thier brain that is trying to rectify the deficiency.

ah man! that is so interesting. I have half eaten pens everywhere and one thigh covered in bruises just from where I lean on it... hmmn, iron deficiency. pills or food, have to remind myself what foods are good for iron- dark green leafy, right?
  • Options
    I bruise really easily too. Like when you tap someone to get their attention when you are being annoying, you touch me, I'd get a bruise there probably. Though this isn't a hlepful post as I've always been like that so I can't help you (not anemic or lacking anything either)