Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

MHRA to take action against BZP products

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
from the Beeb
BBC: Warning over 'legal high' pills

The Medical Healthcare products Regulatory Agency is warning people off BZP based products (such as P.E.P pills). The report claims that they are also planning to prosecute vendors in the near future.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is very odd, because as I understand it Piperazine does fall under the Medicines Act, and is therefore illegal to sell without a licence, but the MHRA hasnt as yet said whether or not BZP falls under the Medicines Act, so I suspect it does not. Also what the article doesnt mention is that although lots have been taken by the Police no one has actually been charged as yet.
    I've only taken P.E.P Pills a couple of times and I've never taken them into a club. Whereas I always stick my E's to my balls, what would the bouncers at a club do if they found P.E.P Pills in your pocket? Surely they couldn't get rid of them, but would they stop you taking them into the club?
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I've only taken P.E.P Pills a couple of times and I've never taken them into a club. Whereas I always stick my E's to my balls, what would the bouncers at a club do if they found P.E.P Pills in your pocket? Surely they couldn't get rid of them, but would they stop you taking them into the club?

Yeh, I'd think they'd take them off ya claiming it could be 'e' or another illegal drug. I imagine they have the right to confiscate anything they suspect to be illegal drugs. If you made an issue out of it you would probably be told to come back.
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Yea i'm sure they would take them off you unless maybe the bouncer knew what they were, which is highly unlikely.

I never know anyone to hide their drugs really while going into nightclubs, it's just not common around here to get searched at the local pubs and clubs.