Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What makes you smile?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At first when I see you cry Yeah it makes me smile, yeah it makes me smile At worst I feel bad for a while But then I just smile I go ahead and smile.

:(
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Just thought of something else that makes me smile: getting into a bed with fresh linen when you've just shaved your legs... I don't know if its a bit perverse but it feels lovely :)
    I love that too so you arent a freak dont worry :p
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    It's great because it just lies open flat without you having to pin it down to read it. I guess I better not tell you that I write in them as well... with BIRO :razz:

But surely that ruins the book? I always try and keep my books and stuff in really good condition, I'm a bit wierd like that.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    But surely that ruins the book? I always try and keep my books and stuff in really good condition, I'm a bit wierd like that.
    :yes:.

I'll crack the spine if it's getting impossible to read the ends of the lines on the page, but not otherwise, and I hate hate hate writing in my books unless I'm writing my name in them :(.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    It's great because it just lies open flat without you having to pin it down to read it. I guess I better not tell you that I write in them as well... with BIRO :razz:

*beats you with a big stick*

My books all look pretty much pristine, except my favourites which are battered and old looking. And if i like them that much, i'll probably buy another copy too :D
  • Options
    That's odd.

Cracking the spine is where you take a paperback book and bend it back so that it'll fall open - instead of the spine of the book looking like new (as in a bookshop) with no 'lines' down the spine. Does that make sense?

yea I understood that. Google was helpful.

I don't really like to do that to books, but sometimes it's unavoidable, for example when you are copying something out of a book.
  • Options
    Pah. Academic books don't count, they're fair game.

I'm talking about fiction :)
  • Options
    Oh I'm with you on the book spine thing. I went to flatten one out (a textbook even) the other day at the gym and it cracked. I was actually devistated.
  • Options
    Pah. Academic books don't count, they're fair game.

I'm talking about fiction :)

sucks if they are paperback, however.

I would try to have my books in best condition tho.

I own a few very old books, like one of Hermann Römpp (A big guy in organic chemistry, back in the 1940s), and a few old science books from Reichs-germany and I try to keep their longevity.
  • Options
    when people stumble (as in nearly fall over)
    an honest compliment.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    sucks if they are paperback, however.

I would try to have my books in best condition tho.

I own a few very old books, like one of Hermann Römpp (A big guy in organic chemistry, back in the 1940s), and a few old science books from Reichs-germany and I try to keep their longevity.

Oh, of course.

My academic books are in pretty mint condition. Which is quite possibly why i got a 2.2.