Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question About PMs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I sent someone a PM sometime last week. Because I'd emailed them the same question yesterday I think, I deleted it. How come they were still able to read it?:confused:

What I mean is, when I send PMs, I always ask for a confirm thing so I know that they've read them and I ticked the box and deleted it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sofie wrote: »
    I sent someone a PM sometime last week. Because I'd emailed them the same question yesterday I think, I deleted it. How come they were still able to read it?:confused:

What I mean is, when I send PMs, I always ask for a confirm thing so I know that they've read them and I ticked the box and deleted it.
    When you've sent a pm, or email, or anything, you've sent it. The only thing you can delete is a copy that was saved in your outbox.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah Sofie, you delete the copy you have of sent items - private messages are like email - when you send them they are on their way.
    There's no such thing as a outbox.
    Go to user cp - click on private messages (not one of the options below it) and you'll see the option 'sent messages' - that's the outbox which is where the message is probably being deleted from.
    Cheers Jim.