Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

funeral flowers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, not sure if this is in the wrong place, if so feel free to move it.

i found out that my nan died to day, me and my brother want to get her a wreath thing saying nan, between us we can afford £50, we are not sure how to do this as we live in Wales and she lived in England, we cant ask her son as he is a twat who we dont have much contact with (she died on thurs and he didnt bother to contact us till today!). Does anyone know how i can get this made and how much it will cost roughly.

thanks
EM

Comments

• Options
    you could try to contact a local florist in the area where the funeral will be held and see if they can deliver something for you. You can usually find them online and either call in and order or do it online.

And sorry to hear about your nan passing away.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your nan :(

if there's anyone else who knows the funeral details, ask them for the funeral directors number, and give them a ring, I expect they'll be able to help.

also, if it can be helped, dont order through interflora, use the magical internet to find a local florist, and have them make the wreath.
    but talk to the funeral directors first if you can, you might be able to have them sort the flowers out, or have flowers (from local florist) delivered to them, for them to sort out.
  • Options
    yes, whatever you do dont use interflora....unbelievably expensive and such crap quality.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    yes, whatever you do dont use interflora....unbelievably expensive and such crap quality.

well, you say that, but the flowers would be made in the same place as phoning ahead to a local one, as interflora's just a conglomerate of florists.

it just means the shop you order from charges you for the privilege, which is why they cost more... they shouldnt be any worse quality, the quality reflects solely on the local florist that gets the order.
  • Options
    Best bet, as said, would be to get the numbers of local florists and get quotes. In all honesty i don't think you'll get a 'NAN' for much less than £100. I ran a flower shop 16 years ago and we charged £65 for a NAN and we were considered cheap, even then.

And totally agree with what Rep said, it depends on the florist, it's not Interflora, it's just a system of ordering flowers worldwide. Theresd another one, Global flower i think, well certainly Global in the name and they're a bit cheaper.
  • Options
    oh well they must use the crap florists here.

If NAN is too expensive you could go for a white rose cross. My mum had one of those made when her dad passed away a few years back
  • Options
    Like others have said, look up local florists to where the funeral is being held, or get hold of the funeral directors (probably best if you can manage it).
  • Options
    My boyfriends mum owns a florists and she's involved in something called 'Florist to Florist'. The idea is that she can send work to florists in other areas- it might be worth phoning round your local florists to see if any of them offer this service. If you explain your budget they should be able to help you find something appropriate. And also- I hope you're ok. *hugs*
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Best bet, as said, would be to get the numbers of local florists and get quotes. In all honesty i don't think you'll get a 'NAN' for much less than £100. I ran a flower shop 16 years ago and we charged £65 for a NAN and we were considered cheap, even then.

:yes:

I wanted a big one saying Grandad on it when he died but I just couldn't afford it. I think they quoted me £300 or something daft like that.
  • Options
    thanks all, gonna phone my grandad today he lives in the area so he can contact the local florests for me.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Im sorry to hear about your Nan hun. I would recommend calling the florists yourself, I dont think your Grandad will be up to calling around for you. Just click on Yell.com and type in his postcode. It will be fine. Hope you find something. x
  • Options
    all is k, my nan and grandad have been split for 6 yrs after she stabbed him, I rang to see if he was ok earlier - he offered to pay for the flowers as he wont be attending the funeral or getting any flowers himself.
  • Options
    all is k, my nan and grandad have been split for 6 yrs after she stabbed him

:crazyeyes :shocking: