Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

20 y/old virgin

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi, i'm new here so hopefully i'm not going to say something that will offend. I'm 27 so am probably a little older than the other posters (i don't know) The point is the fact that your still a virgin shouldn't be shameful to you. After school/ college/ uni virginity really isn't an issue and if it is the people you are mixing with are purile. The thing is if you focus on having sex as your goal then you ultimately come across a desperate and thats when people may start making fun of you.
    If you don't like the people you mix with then you should find others who find your interests. Yes it can be easier said than done but its not impossible. i'm sure others may have said this before me, if so apologies:blush:
  • Options
    komakino wrote: »
    Hi, i'm new here so hopefully i'm not going to say something that will offend. I'm 27 so am probably a little older than the other posters (i don't know) The point is the fact that your still a virgin shouldn't be shameful to you. After school/ college/ uni virginity really isn't an issue and if it is the people you are mixing with are purile. The thing is if you focus on having sex as your goal then you ultimately come across a desperate and thats when people may start making fun of you.
    If you don't like the people you mix with then you should find others who find your interests. Yes it can be easier said than done but its not impossible. i'm sure others may have said this before me, if so apologies:blush:

Thsi has already basically been said, but you are right.
  • Options
    It's funny how this game is so very identical to jobhunting:
    - Some people get all the luck and are able to take their pick from a lot of great offers, whilst others get nothing whatsoever.
    - It's a self-perpetuating cycle upward or downwards, in that if you have success you get more and more confident and become more successful, and if you get nothing things get worse and worse (i.e. the longer you stay unemployed, the more unemployable you become)
    - There's boxes you need to tick along with an 'x-factor' to do well.

In my case I'm incredibly confident with jobs because I've never had a job rejection in my life and am one of the most employable people my age with a perfect CV, at the same time having no confidence whatsoever with women, it's difficult to retain an ounce of confidence when you've been rejected your entire life and never once to your knowledge had anyone be remotely interested.
  • Options
    Stop fucking moping! Plenty of people have offered advice yet all you've done is carry on moaning about how you never get anywhere. well you're never going to unless you actually take some of that advice on board and attempt to use it.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Stop fucking moping! Plenty of people have offered advice yet all you've done is carry on moaning about how you never get anywhere. well you're never going to unless you actually take some of that advice on board and attempt to use it.

:yes: Nuff said
  • Options

:yes:

You do realise that the thread starter wasn't Jomery, don't you?
  • Options
    The advice I have successfully taken on board from all the posts is to stop worrying about it, forget about it, the whole "things happen when you least expect them" thing, the idea of going on nights out without thinking or expecting or trying to pull.

Whilst I'm doing well at putting on a facade, where I'm struggling is having any confidence though that something could actually happen. Realistically I don't know how anyone in my shoes, who has been rejected their entire life (often with bullshit excuses like 'I don't want a boyfriend' and then they start seeing someone a week later) can retain optimism and confidence.
  • Options
    Theres nothing wrong with being 20 and being a virgin.

Now if you were older and a virgin then i'd be slightly concerned, cos thats just odd.
  • Options
    the phrase "every dog has his day" springs to mind.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Theres nothing wrong with being 20 and being a virgin.

Now if you were older and a virgin then i'd be slightly concerned, cos thats just odd.
    The threadstarter (Hornet) is 20. I am 23 and have never even kissed a girl, despite being one of the most 'popular', 'sociable' people from my university. I've been featured in magazines as a successful role model, and get fanmail from students who want to be just like me. If only they knew.
  • Options
    Jomery wrote: »
    I am 23 and have even been kissed, despite being one of the most 'popular', 'sociable' people from my university.

Someone was lying to you. If you were that popular and sociable you'd have been fucked many a time.

I'm not sure whats wrong with you.
  • Options
    Someone was lying to you. If you were that popular and sociable you'd have been fucked many a time.

I'm not sure whats wrong with you.
    Every night I go out and meet new people, I rub off well on them, every morning after I have another 5 people adding me on Facebook even if just a brief conversation. My wall is full of posts from girls saying "You're a total legend xx" so people assume I'm a ladies man. All photos of me from nights out will have me surrounded by women, girls wanting to pose with me and all that. But they all just want to flirt and dance and nothing more, I'm just not seen in a romantic/sexual way.
  • Options

I agree.

Eta: You're either really ugly, or a total geek, or slimy... or people think you're gay.

This would be so much easier if we could see your photo :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I agree.

Eta: You're either really ugly, or a total geek, or slimy... or people think you're gay.

This would be so much easier if we could see your photo :p

I concur.
  • Options
    Hmm ok i was expecting quasimodo but your not hideous. Not too sure about baby blue though. Kinda odd for a bloke :chin:
  • Options
    You look like a right toff :p How do you compare to all your mates? Do they all have haircuts like that and wear similar clothes? I guess thats your style though isn't it, I can't really suggest updating it. You don't look particularly gay and you don't look sleazy. Maybe you just need to be more confident and try aiming low to start with until you get a bit of practise in.
  • Options
    Or you could be a complete bitch. So no change there then.

Lol shes telling the truth.
  • Options
    Or you could be a complete bitch. So no change there then.

I'm being realistic! He's none of those anyway as proved by the photo.
  • Options
    Put the photo back up!!!! I never saw it :p
  • Options
    Put the photo back up!!!! I never saw it :p
    Neither did I.

You can't always tell what a person is like from their appearance.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Neither did I.

You can't always tell what a person is like from their appearance.

Ayyyeee.

Post the picture again Jomery :p I'm curious.
  • Options
    happy? got your own fan club! :p
  • Options
    You look like a right toff :p How do you compare to all your mates? Do they all have haircuts like that and wear similar clothes? I guess thats your style though isn't it, I can't really suggest updating it. You don't look particularly gay and you don't look sleazy. Maybe you just need to be more confident and try aiming low to start with until you get a bit of practise in.
    I am a toff. I went to one of the best public schools in the country and then to Cambridge University. All my friends actually look similar to me, "Alpha-male" "WASP" characteristics, have the same credentials and the chat, yet they all get infinitely more action than I do.

Back from yet another night out where I met several girls and with each of them had a great conversation, bought them drinks, danced a bit and that was it.
  • Options
    Back from yet another night out where I met several girls and with each of them had a great conversation, bought them drinks, danced a bit and that was it.

Do you ever try to make a move? Because most girls won't.
  • Options
    I want to see the picture too. Pleaaasee put it back up :flirt:
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options
    I am a toff. I went to one of the best public schools in the country and then to Cambridge University. All my friends actually look similar to me, "Alpha-male" "WASP" characteristics, have the same credentials and the chat, yet they all get infinitely more action than I do.

Maybe you intimidate girls a bit? Or you go for girls that don't really like toffs. I for one wouldn't want anything to do with you if you went to public school and Cambridge, maybe other girls feel the same?

If you want my advice aim for the girl wearing a twinset and pearls :)
  • Options
    I for one wouldn't want anything to do with you if you went to public school and Cambridge
    Ever heard of inverse snobbery? :no: I'm so sorry that I was unfortunate enough to be born to rich parents who had my best interests at heart, and really apologise that I had to go to one of the world's best universities.
  • Options
    Too many failed attempts, too many tries moving in to kiss someone and they turn their cheek or stop me, even if they're blind drunk, means I don't.
  • Options
    Ever heard of inverse snobbery? :no: I'm so sorry that I was unfortunate enough to be born to rich parents who had my best interests at heart, and really apologise that I had to go to one of the world's best universities.

Maybe you come across as a snob?

Tbh, as a woman I don't know if I'd date somebody who had achieved much more than me... But then that's because I'd feel threatened intellectually.