Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekend

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ahh last night was so fucking awesome!
    Met up with a few friends, went to our su then back to their halls of res for a massive house party! Everyone was hammered and i didnt get in till half 7 this morning :D
    icey wrote: »
    ahh last night was so fucking awesome!
    Met up with a few friends, went to our su then back to their halls of res for a massive house party! Everyone was hammered and i didnt get in till half 7 this morning :D

Lol That's why I'm looking forward to Uni... fuck the course lol
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol That's why I'm looking forward to Uni... fuck the course lol
    I've only really started properly going out these past couple of weeks and i feel like ive been missing out mate! Wish i'd gone out this much from day one!
    I got absolutely slaughtered last night, so I'm having a quiet night in tonight, and tomorrow.

Or at least I want to, I'm supposed to be going out for a "quick drink" tonight in honor of St Patrick, and then I'm meant to be going out for a "social glass or two" tomorrow night while my mates make arses of themselves on karaoke. Can't stand it though :no: I'm going to bed! :D
    I'm cold so im going to bed. Later i'm making a card, tomorrow i'm going out for a meal.

No drinking or nothing. Can't be bothered.
    Today will consist of washing tidying and finishing some coursework thats already 2 weeks late, then going out for a wild irish st paddys day party. I expect i'll crash and burn and stay there and then tomorrow is gonna be writing a presentation with a bangin' head. Oh bring on easter holidays already!
    I've been cleaning like a freak all day - somehow, I ended up spending £22 on cleaning products!!!! I do anything to procrastinate...

Still, my bathroom is sparkling! :D
    I went to Ikea last night (and got ID'd for alcohol, the shame!) and bought stuff for moving house. Today I worked 8-4 and now I'm sat here downloading some electro tunes. My plan to get my jamas on and do sweet FA tonight... Tomorrow I'm going to do some more sorting-out ready for moving.

Clearly, you're all jealous of how exciting my life is!
    Went into town today. Why on earth is it impossible to find mother's day cards that don't say 'To My Mummy'?
    I went to Ikea last night (and got ID'd for alcohol, the shame!) and bought stuff for moving house. Today I worked 8-4 and now I'm sat here downloading some electro tunes. My plan to get my jamas on and do sweet FA tonight... Tomorrow I'm going to do some more sorting-out ready for moving.

Clearly, you're all jealous of how exciting my life is!

ooh know i bet it's exciting moving! i like organising things and stuff haha. i remember asking you why you're moving but then forgot which thread i asked you in..?
    I've been cleaning like a freak all day - somehow, I ended up spending £22 on cleaning products!!!! I do anything to procrastinate...

Still, my bathroom is sparkling! :D

lol, reminds me of the other week when i was trying to avoid work so decided to go and do my dishes but one of my other housemates had already had the same idea and was doing hers!

£22? how?! all you need is some cloths/scrubby things and a multi-purpose antibacterial spray and some bleach!
    I'm going to New York next weekend to stay with my sis and bro for 16 days :hyper: so no going out for me coz I'm saving money! Spent £80 on my hair today though.
    ooh know i bet it's exciting moving! i like organising things and stuff haha. i remember asking you why you're moving but then forgot which thread i asked you in..?

I remember replying but haven't a clue which thread it was in, either! ;)

Basically, I spend a bit of time in Leeds with my mates and I've always wanted to move there when the chance came up. My mates have suddenly ended up a spare room in their place (bit of a long story), but anyway they asked me if I was interested - and that's why I'm moving! :D It's really exciting, only 2 weeks to go now!
    lipsy wrote: »
    I'm going to New York next weekend to stay with my sis and bro for 16 days :hyper: so no going out for me coz I'm saving money! Spent £80 on my hair today though.

WELL jealous. Enjoy yourself mate! :D

By the way - you need to sign up to www.livesets.com, they've got loads of Tocadisco sets on there to download - there might be some you haven't got already :) there's loads of sets by all different DJ's!

wow have a great time!

what did you get done at the hairdressers?
    By the way - you need to sign up to www.livesets.com, they've got loads of Tocadisco sets on there to download - there might be some you haven't got already :) there's loads of sets by all different DJ's!

Oh nice one!
    Whereabouts in Leeds are you moving to?
    wow have a great time!

what did you get done at the hairdressers?

Just my normal cut and colour which I get done every 6 weeks! Well I have a highlight and a low light put in, then a conditioning treatment. I have a feeling they put a toner in there too.. And then a cut. I have a new hairdresser now though because my last one who I had for 5 years suddenly jacked it all in. But she did a really good job :D It looks yum if I do say so myself!
    £22? how?! all you need is some cloths/scrubby things and a multi-purpose antibacterial spray and some bleach!

I don't knowwww.

Well, I bought myself a Toilet Duck Fresh Brush with some disposable cleaning pads :lol:, some sink unblocker (I need to do this quite often, my hair just blocks up the shower drain, I'm going to end up bald by the end of next year), some power bleachy stuff, some air freshener, some cloths/dusters, some Mr Sheen, toilet wipes, CIF bathroom moose and errr, I'm sure there was something else :chin:

I didn't expect it all to cost so much :(

Just my normal cut and colour which I get done every 6 weeks! Well I have a highlight and a low light put in, then a conditioning treatment. I have a feeling they put a toner in there too.. And then a cut. I have a new hairdresser now though because my last one who I had for 5 years suddenly jacked it all in. But she did a really good job :D It looks yum if I do say so myself!

You spend £80 every 6 weeks?

How on earth do you afford that? :crazyeyes
    I don't knowwww.

Well, I bought myself a Toilet Duck Fresh Brush with some disposable cleaning pads :lol:, some sink unblocker (I need to do this quite often, my hair just blocks up the shower drain, I'm going to end up bald by the end of next year), some power bleachy stuff, some air freshener, some cloths/dusters, some Mr Sheen, toilet wipes, CIF bathroom moose and errr, I'm sure there was something else :chin:

I didn't expect it all to cost so much :(

Sink and plughole unblocker is an expensive product. You'd be better off putting some kind of hair catcher in front of the plug hole and removing it after your shower.

Also I expect the fresh brush ain't cheap.
    Today I have mostly been resting and doing not much after working from 2-4:30 in the morning. When, incidentally, not enough people were posting on here :|
    No, its not but I hate toilet brushes and tbh, they clean sooo much better. I think normal toilet brushes are really unhygienic and ming. I'd prefer something I could just dispose of once I've cleaned my loo and not have to use it again.

Where on earth can you buy hair catchers? If its gonna save me money then I want one. This unblocker shit costs me about £4 each time!
    Where on earth can you buy hair catchers? If its gonna save me money then I want one. This unblocker shit costs me about £4 each time!

I'm not quite sure. They do exist though, as I have seen them. It's like a plastic contraption that goes over the plug area. I guess you would get them from shops like wilkinsons or any shop that had a reasonable kitchen stuff section (cos I expect they are not exclusive to bathrooms, as you can use them to stop other stuff going down the sink).
    Oh nice one!
    Whereabouts in Leeds are you moving to?

I'm moving to Burley... about 5 minutes drive from the city centre. That's only for the first 3 months, not sure where abouts I'll be after that. :)
    don't you share a bathroom with your housemates anyway?
    I'm moving to Burley... about 5 minutes drive from the city centre. That's only for the first 3 months, not sure where abouts I'll be after that. :)

how did your meeting go with the temping agency people?
    don't you share a bathroom with your housemates anyway?

:no: Nope. My room is ensuite
    how did your meeting go with the temping agency people?

Not bad at all, thanks :) - I've got an interview for Barclays at the start of April, so they're going to sort me some admin/receptionist work in the meantime. I've applied for a couple of other jobs too, just waiting to hear back from those. Starting to worry a bit because I've never temped before!!
    You spend £80 every 6 weeks?

How on earth do you afford that? :crazyeyes

Well I work! Although I used to afford that as a student too.
    Well I work! Although I used to afford that as a student too.

True.

I don't know how you afforded it as a student though, did you have a job or did you get lots of money off your parents? (the reason why I say that is because I have neither right now and am really poor) I really don't think many students can fit £20 a week to manage their hair into their budget!