Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Spots on my back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, sorry if theres already a thread about this but I've searched n can't find one.

I've always had spots on the top of my back since I was about 12 onwards, tho they're not as bad now, they're still there. Even if I don't touch the spots they still leave scars too. I've tried doing the usual scrubbing my back to death in the bath n tea tree n all that, but it doesnt seem to work. Also used stuff from the doctors, but its not a nice thing to use n it didn't really do much anyway, just got stuck to me clothes!

Just wondered if there is any sort of shower gels or anything out there that actually works in gettin rid of them. I don't mind if its a pricey product aslong as it works

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you could try to beg your doctor for some retin-a cream, it dries the skin out but works wonders!
    Hmmmm, whats that actually for though? I dunno

It just annoyes me cos I can never wear nice tops or anything cos of it, its not that bad now, but I don't want people thinking I'm a scrubber cos of it :nervous:
    retin-a is a cream for acne, its pretty much the strongest topical acne medication. If you do manage to get hold of it, you'll just need a dab on each spot. I used to have terrible acne all over my body (including my back), i used retin-a for a month and it cleared a lot of the acne up.
    My sister used to have bad acne on her back, she went to the doctors and they prescribed her some cream and pills I think, perhaps you could see your GP about the problem.
    I did a while ago, used to have Zinyert (sp) I think it was, it worked on my face, but for my back it was just sticky and it made my skin feel strange. I once used anti bac shower gel, n it helped a bit, but I can't find any anywhere now, I've also got very sensitive skin too, so its a pain cos I rash randomly, think I might have to go to the docs again :impissed:
    there are a few different types of pills you could use too, there is the simplest which is the combined pill (your gp will give you one to help with the spots). You could try antibiotics, there are a few different famillies that help with spots. And then there is the pill form of retin-a, which is made for severe forms of acne.
    I did a while ago, used to have Zinyert (sp) I think it was, it worked on my face, but for my back it was just sticky and it made my skin feel strange. I once used anti bac shower gel, n it helped a bit, but I can't find any anywhere now, I've also got very sensitive skin too, so its a pain cos I rash randomly, think I might have to go to the docs again :impissed:
    i used zineryt too, but i hated it as well. My sister was prescribed it with benozyl peroxide (sp) and that helped.

I think its best you go to the doctors and they may refer you to a dermatologist and get it sorted once and for all :)
    Thanks for ur advice, I just didn't want to be going to the doc again for it, but I guess I'm gonna have to, its such an embarrasing problem :impissed: The stuff I had last time was good, but i just didn't like the feel of it on my skin :yuck: PLus paying for perscriptions is always a piss take!
    I find that Dalacin T topical solution is a good mild prescried treatment for acne. Its an antibiotic. Although it can take a few weeks to see the difference. I like it because once you've applied it, you cant feel it on your skin and it doesnt dry your skin out. You apply it twice daily and its non messy (comes in an applicator bottle thing and dries almost instantly)

I'd reccoment using original source tea tree shampoo and conditioner, as well as their tea tree shower gel, daily.

Twice a week use a good scrub such as st ives apricot scrub. (i find that the acne ones eg. clean and clear, dont work)

Your washing detergent could also be contributing to it. Try adding a few drops of pure tea tree oil to a sensitive fabric softener.

eta: oh and you could also try having a "facial" style treatment on it, at a salon, every few weeks.
    There's also differin adapalene which works for me if they arent aggravated (ie red and pus-ie).
    Quinoderm is an over the counter cream for acne that you can buy from pharmacies and works well for a lot of people. A little bit of sunshine and fresh air can help too, although I realise it's tempting to try and keep it hidden.

Try searching the health forum, this has come up in there before.
    I have been prescribed Zineryt in the past but its not sticky :no:

It smells MING though :yes:
    Yeah I think its the smell that kinda put me off it. I could get treatment in a salon, cos I'm at college doing beauty therapy, but its just embarasing actually letting people see it, nice to know its not just me like... well its not nice but ya know :razz:

Yeah, noticed there was something in the health one after I'd posted... naughty me for not checking that *slaps hand*
    I used to have same thing, and was so upset one day i went to my doctor and he gave me oxtercycline antibiotocs for acne, they worked within 3 months and when stopped taking them and spots never came back..

Also the pill is supposed to bw great for that kinda thing aswell, hope this helps
    Hmmm, I've herd that, but will the doc actually give me the pill even though I don't need it at this moment (due to non-existant sex life*rolls eyes*) I mean is it something that is actually perscribed for acne? Or do I just lie and say I actually need contraception :razz:
    its just embarasing actually letting people see it, nice to know its not just me like... well its not nice but ya know :razz:

:(

Mine wasn't actually that bad. It was just a few spots here and there, not like proper spots either, just red tiny bumps.
    Mines not that bad now, i sometimes get the angry red puss filled ones :yuck: And even if I don't touch them they scar, think its the scars that bother me more than the actual spots.

I never see other girls with this problem n I thought it was just me that was gross n spotty, thats what I meant, didn't mean to cause any offence if thats how it came accross by the way
    loads of people get spots, some more than others. I understand what you mean about it being embarrassing, even if deep down you know its normal.
    I hope you manage to get something from the doctors that suits your skin. There are several things out there I think, so even if the first one you try doesnt work, its worth trying something else.
    You can get the pill (usually Dianette) just to treat acne, even if you're not sexually active. Lots of people go on the pill for all sorts of reasons, not just the contraceptive.

BUT, if you get Dianette and don't tell them you want it as contraceptive then you will have to pay for it, if you pretend you want it for your skin and as a contraceptive, then it's free.
    ^^ Orthotricyclin Lo too, and it has low doses of hormones, just in case other ones disagree with you. I've never really had acne, but now that I've changed off it its like I'm a kid going thru puberty :\
    I get spots on my back sometimes as well - big, sore red ones. A couple of things i found helped were washing my back after i'd used conditioner on my hair, as the conditioner left residue on my back when i was showering, and exposing it to the sun - either on a sunbed or IRL. My back's always much better over the summer :)

Hope that helps a bit!
    Whats IRL tanning?
    I'm scared of sunbeds though :shocking: Cos I'm fair skinned n I don't wanna burn... I'm just a big whimp really :impissed: I'll try asking for the pill, cos that will also come in handy if I actually get lucky anytime soon :naughty: Thanks for all ur advice chickens x