Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wheres the best place to apply for a job?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I want a job. I need cash and something to do. not to mention something to do until the time I leave school to when I start university.

any good places to apply to? (from personal experience)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I want a job. I need cash and something to do. not to mention something to do until the time I leave school to when I start university.

any good places to apply to? (from personal experience)

Depends what type of work your looking for and how flexible you want it to be.

Sign up with a temping agency so you can move around jobs if your not keen. Maybe try working in a pub (assuming your 18) or something with a social side to things.

Try www.e4s.co.uk for student jobs and casual jobs in your area.

www.totaljobs.com have a good section on crazy jobs, jobs that are a little different along with student jobs.

:thumb:
  • Options
    If you're young and only want a few hours a week then working behind the bar in the local isn't such a bad thing- very social and the hours are convenient.
  • Options
    Temping agencies are good if you only want something for the short term. Also, places like Gumtree and your local newspaper.
  • Options
    Local supermarket? If you have a fairly large one nearby they might have vacancies. Looking in the local papers for jobs is a good idea as well.
  • Options
    A temp agency such as Kelly's or Reeds. Easy money and guaranteed work.