Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the bravest thing you've done?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I took one for the team, when I pulled the whale, so my friends could get their hot friends...

only not.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I've been talked into doing a doughnut-eating competition at work for Comic Relief tomorrow.

:(

what kind of doughnuts?
  • Options
    I'm not sure tbh, I suppose approaching a grup of 20+ youths beating the shit out of a young girl, whilst alone, with no equipment and shouting "Stop! Police!" was quite brave, or stupid. Either way it worked.
  • Options
    When i was 13 i was alone at the train station waiting for a train home and there was this weird guy that wouldn't leave me alone and kept trying to get my attention by smirking and coughing. Then he walked over and came and stood next to me and kept edging towards me. It's a really quiet station too and isn't near a road. Luckily someone turned up just as he got really close. But the whole time i was determined to ignore him and made myself look busy. Wasn't really brave but it's the scariest thing that's ever happened.
  • Options
    I had a 5 hour operation. I was brave for that.
  • Options
    hmm some man was dancin on my mates head before when we were about 16, was also VERY stoned at the time but had to jump in .. ended up with a fractured face! wasnt very nice
  • Options
    Probably jumping in to help my mate in a fight we had no chance of winning.
    it was basically 10 on 2 (would have been 10 on 1 if not for me), me and my mate were about 17 at the time and these were all 30+ year old blokes, or fucking fannys when you look at it really.
    We were quite lucky tbh, it started with one of them grabbing my mate round the throat then just as it all kicked off his gf's dad came to the rescue (hard as fuck bloke) and started laying into them all.
    Took a few scratches but we were quite lucky, i easily could have fucked off when it all started but..ya know, its my mate innit.
  • Options
    what kind of doughnuts?

Jam doughnuts.

The Tesco in our office block kindly donated us 700 jam doughnuts, and nobody can work out what to do with them.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    icey wrote: »
    Probably jumping in to help my mate in a fight we had no chance of winning.
    it was basically 10 on 2 (would have been 10 on 1 if not for me), me and my mate were about 17 at the time and these were all 30+ year old blokes, or fucking fannys when you look at it really.
    We were quite lucky tbh, it started with one of them grabbing my mate round the throat then just as it all kicked off his gf's dad came to the rescue (hard as fuck bloke) and started laying into them all.
    Took a few scratches but we were quite lucky, i easily could have fucked off when it all started but..ya know, its my mate innit.

I remember a similar situation, and copping the biggest black eye after being sparked out. I had my first day of Community Service the next day too. It didn't go down too well with the gaffer, but it gained me some credibility with the other lads doing CS. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Declare my feelings to two different blokes... on three occasions :blush:
  • Options
    I would probably be regarded as brave for some of the things I did for my Mum tbh when my stepdad went through his 5/6 year violent stage. I put myself at risk everytime I tried to help her. He was pretty pyscho and capable of anything imo. I suppose I was sorta brave everytime I called the police/ambulance service too as I had to always follow their instructions and what not. Oh, and I always had to look after my brothers whilst all this shit was going on.

I don't even know if the above is even being brave though :| Thank fuck thats all in the past though.
    That is brave indeed :yes:
  • Options
    had a suprise triple orgasm on stage wearing a pvc outfit, loudly. And then volunteered to do it again...
  • Options
    You have to say more ;)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can't really think of something to call "brave"...

Once I was about to do something that would really be "brave" for me (but probably insignificant for most others) but I wasn't permitted to... And I shouldn't have remembered this. Not that I ever forgot for real.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call it brave but I was there for the birth of my friends baby - as it turned out it was support my friend and her boyfriend needed as there were complications... but everything worked out in the end!

Also called the emergency services on occassions and dealt with them calmly...
  • Options
    Gave birth... and then went back for more! FIVE TIMES!

Although some might claim that was stupidity as oposed to bravery. :D
  • Options
    Cleaning up my sisters sick lol

Dont think ive ever done anything very brave
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    Cleaning up my sisters sick lol

Dont think ive ever done anything very brave
    That just reminded me of one:

Looking after my friend and cleaning her up when she got very drunk when we were out and self harmed really badly because she was really unhappy. Trying to stop people seeing that she had half a toilet roll round her arm was the hardest part.
  • Options
    i was proud of myself in the way i conducted myself at my dad's funeral. Being ignored by everyone and being told that you were part of the greatness sadness in your dad's life during the eulogy delivered by an american uncle your dad hardly knew fucked me off big styleeeee. So much so I had to be physically restrained :grump:
  • Options
    Saved a girl who was choking on her own vomit. Probably woulda died if I hadn't been there to clear her airways and give her that breath of life shit.
  • Options
    Ran into a stealth bomber when I was 2, it was in an airshow, and I ran under the guards legs, you know how they do that stance? =P
  • Options
    nothing really stands out but i went with my step dad to get our dog of 11 years put to sleep. that hurt. :(
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Giving birth has to be one of the bravest things that I can think of anyone doing - no matter how many people say it's natural!

I don't know if it actually is though... I mean, the thing about it is, once it's in there, it's got to come out whether you like it or not. It's not like you can turn round when the time comes and say "Sorry, actually I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to pain so I've changed my mind, I'll just go home instead now", is it?! :lol:
  • Options
    Chewing off my own arm to free it from the boulder trapping it before I starved to death or was eaten by wolves...
  • Options
    Anomalous wrote: »
    Chewing off my own arm to free it from the boulder trapping it before I starved to death or was eaten by wolves...

That's not really true, is it?

:no:

Not without some herbs, anyway.
  • Options
    Sorry, no.

Sometimes these things are much funnier in my own head....

Sometimes they aren't even funny there...

I guess my brave thing is that I continue to say them even though I know people just want me to shut the hell up.
  • Options
    Hmm... Dunno really. Operations and dealing with health stuff I supose... people always told me I was brave at the time... But can't say I had much choice in it all.

Haven't really done anything that I really feel is worthy of bravery status.

Snow_White_Queen & Rachael, you both are brave. :yes:

I think everyone has to face up to different challenges within themselves... what's brave to one person, another wouldn't bat an eyelid at; think it's a personal thing really.
  • Options
    ohh i just had to go tell our neighbours we found their cat dead in our garden this morning. :(
  • Options
    That's not really true, is it?

:no:

Not without some herbs, anyway.

there was a case in austria where this happened i think one or two years ago. He had a knife tho.

they could even recover his arm and re-attach it.