Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Briggggggggggggggggggggi

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote: »
    They are going to have my pointy nose... I can already hear them clamouring for nose jobs :lol: :razz:

As if - they'll be proud to have any of your features :)

Amazing photos :crazyeyes
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote: »
    Briggi, are you going to be one of those sad people who dress their twins in exactly the same clothes all the time?

She totally needs these for them

http://www.twinstuff.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=481

all the kids in florida were wearing those in the parks
    Addict wrote: »
    so any prospective girls' names then? :D

Only about a thousand! I think I've made my mind up but obviously then I have to do battle with the bloke as we're being a bit chalk and cheesy at the moment. Could change my mind again when they arrive, of course, but I want to have some names ready.

Sofie it's lucky I'm not planning to dress them identically since you just called people who do "sad" :razz: They're non-identical, anyway, so that "Shining twins" effect is kind of lost... shame, that!

I really love those "thing 1" and "thing 2" outfits, you find all the best stuff Abbie. I've already had a set of "twin clothing" that says "I was here first", "No, I was here first". Cute, but hopefully there won't be an influx of that kind of thing ;)

Cheers Helen, I suppose they could probably do worse genetically since their Dad's a bit of alright too :lol:
    Sofie it's lucky I'm not planning to dress them identically since you just called people who do "sad" :razz: They're non-identical, anyway, so that "Shining twins" effect is kind of lost... shame, that!

Sorry, didn't mean it like that.

An aunt of mine has quads who I've only seen once (as they live in Wales) and they were all dressed in the same thing.
    what are the names?

i'm so excited for you, you'd think i actually knew you! :lol:
    what are the names?

i'm so excited for you, you'd think i actually knew you! :lol:

That'd be telling, especially when I change my mind every ten seconds anyway :razz: Cheers me dear :D

Sofie I can't even begin to fathom quads, your aunt must be one heck of a woman! Kudos to her :thumb:
    Sofie I can't even begin to fathom quads, your aunt must be one heck of a woman! Kudos to her :thumb:

I believe at one point she was carrying 6 babies but lost two of them...
    That'd be telling, especially when I change my mind every ten seconds anyway :razz: Cheers me dear :D

:
    :yes:
    Keep it to yourself that my advice. Saves getting pissed off with other peoples "opinions" on the names you choose.
    Keep it to yourself that my advice. Saves getting pissed off with other peoples "opinions" on the names you choose.

And everyone else pinching the names you like. There's someone I know this happened to. So, in the end him & his wife decided to go for the name Xanthe. (which he said he didn't like at first)

Once the baby (or babies in your case) is born and has been named, it's suddenly impolite to make judgements on the names... funny how that sort of respect doesn't extend to pregnancy... :chin:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit

Once the baby (or babies in your case) is born and has been named, it's suddenly impolite to make judgements on the names... funny how that sort of respect doesn't extend to pregnancy... :chin:
    That's because when they've not been born they (supposedly) haven't been named, so it's more like preventing a mistake than critisizing. :p
    That's because when they've not been born they (supposedly) haven't been named, so it's more like preventing a mistake than critisizing. :p

Yeah, yeah, I know the reason :p It's still none of their bloody business though :p

none of anybody else business though.

I have found it just as annoying when people really like the name - for instance my mum. I told her a name I liked and she kept from then on referring to my bump as the name id told her i liked - as though the decison had actually been made. Another friend kept doing the same thing. Its rather annoying.
    none of anybody else business though.

I have found it just as annoying when people really like the name - for instance my mum. I told her a name I liked and she kept from then on referring to my bump as the name id told her i liked - as though the decison had actually been made. Another friend kept doing the same thing. Its rather annoying.

I would find that annoying.

Even when my aunty knew she was expecting a girl (a few months before the baby was born) she already knew what she was going to call it. yet, it was always reffered to as 'the baby' never 'Rosie'. (which did turn out to be the name of the child)

:thumb: You're right, that's definitely the plan from here on out. I've had some... interesting feedback from the few people I have sounded out about names so far. No name is going to please everyone so I'm bloody well going to please myself... well, and 'im indoors too I suppose.

People don't seem to extend any kind of courtesy to pregnant women. I'm not bothered about any special treatment but people do feel like they can say whatever they damn well please. I can't count the amount of sympathetic "I'm so sorry you're having twins" comments I've had, though of course they are balanced out by nice ones too of course... :)
    I can't count the amount of sympathetic "I'm so sorry you're having twins" comments I've had.

What's that supposed to mean?:confused:
    I think you should call them Frances and Elizabeth ;p.

Not really, that would get too confusing when I come babysit ;d :o:p
    I lovelovelove the name Frances, actually, but I have a second cousin (is that what you call your cousin's child? :chin:) so I would be in a lot of trouble if I copied!

Sofie I'm not too sure what they mean by it. I guess because they known it's going to be a lot of work - as if having one child is a walk in the park - and we're (well I'm) pretty young compared to a lot of the people commenting. People do say some funny things though, I met a friend of my parents' in M&S the other week who told me all about how every set of twins she'd ever known grew up to hate each other. Cheers for that, love :lol: You've got to have a sense of humour about it or a machete in the handbag would be necessary.

I could write a book about the weird responses I've had to telling people I'm pregnant though, people are by no means universally positive about it. We were at a family christening a month or so ago and I was having a chat about ultrasounds with my boyfriend's SIL and some rude distant relation of my boyfriend's butted in with "are you pregnant AGAIN? Do you even know how that happens?" blah, blah contraception etc. She was silenced with a "yeah it's something you'll catch from the water round here so you'd better watch out" from the other half, but still - how rude can you get :rolleyes:
    I lovelovelove the name Frances, actually

:cool:

Just don't call one Francesca, because that would be like "I want to call her Frances but I don't want to look like I'm copying you" :p. Plus far too many people call me Francesca and it's become one of my Most Hated Names because of it.
    I could write a book about the weird responses I've had to telling people I'm pregnant though, people are by no means universally positive about it. We were at a family christening a month or so ago and I was having a chat about ultrasounds with my boyfriend's SIL and some rude distant relation of my boyfriend's butted in with "are you pregnant AGAIN? Do you even know how that happens?" blah, blah contraception etc. She was silenced with a "yeah it's something you'll catch from the water round here so you'd better watch out" from the other half, but still - how rude can you get :rolleyes:

That is very rude :|. I would have hit her tbh :yes:.
    its outrageous how people just think that pregnant women are fair game for stupid smartarse opinions. Its not as if you havent realised twins will be hard work - even one is hard enough, but youll have double the joy too!!!

I had a stupid shop assistant the other day asking me if I was expecting twins cos her mate is pregnant too (no mention of gestation) and apparently much smaller!! What a twat. I know im huge. Ive got a fucking week to go. What business is it of hers.

Do you have random people thinking they can stroke your belly yet?
    Franki wrote: »
    That is very rude :|. I would have hit her tbh :yes:.

Same!! Or at the very least, poured salt in her drink. :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have a second cousin (is that what you call your cousin's child? :chin:)
    A second cousin is when you have a common great-grandparent (like a cousin is when you have a common grandparent). My cousin's kid, I call a nephew.

And to make sure (why do I never think to make sure when I make the original post?), I don't agree with what I described earlier.
    its outrageous how people just think that pregnant women are fair game for stupid smartarse opinions. Its not as if you havent realised twins will be hard work - even one is hard enough, but youll have double the joy too!!!

I had a stupid shop assistant the other day asking me if I was expecting twins cos her mate is pregnant too (no mention of gestation) and apparently much smaller!! What a twat. I know im huge. Ive got a fucking week to go. What business is it of hers.

Do you have random people thinking they can stroke your belly yet?

It is outrageous. Public property though these pregnant women, or so it would seem...

I haven't had too many requests for belly rubbing though St Patrick's night was bloody awful for drunk men asking if they could kiss my stomach for luck (!?). Of course I only said no because of my "hormones" :lol: People are very strange! How often has your belly been stroked then? Or how often have people attempted, should I say? :razz:
    Ive had a few people do it more recently now its got really big. I must admit, theyre usually not completely random strangers, mums in the school playground (should know better), family, My friends daughter keeps doing it, wanting to hug my belly and stroke it, and although im very fond of the kid, I really dont want my belly touched all the time. Its quite often tender and it just feels so invasive. Even my mum doesnt randomly touch my belly unless ive asked her to feel it kicking or something.
    Sometimes its worse if people ask as well as then I really feel I cant say no, as at least theyve been polite about it.
    The only people I really dont mind touching it are my partner and my son tbh.
    one of my close friends is a twin and her and her twin are quite close. my mate even txt her twin when her boyfriend was going down on her. now that's sisterly love. :thumb:
    Totally agree with all the comments above.

I told my friend that I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago and her response was "Oh my god no" errr...thought you were supposed to say congratulations?!?

My son keeps mauling my stomach but it's just wobbly lard at the moment as it's too early for a bump. When I was pregnant with my son people were forever prodding and poking at me and any of my names suggestions were met with "Oh no, you can't call the baby that...don't you remember that horrible kid at school with the same name?" Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!! With all the hormones thrown into the mix it does start to tip you over the edge!!

How many weeks are you now Briggi? I would love a 4d scan but I don't know where/when and how much!
    Totally agree with all the comments above.

I told my friend that I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago and her response was "Oh my god no" errr...thought you were supposed to say congratulations?!?

My son keeps mauling my stomach but it's just wobbly lard at the moment as it's too early for a bump. When I was pregnant with my son people were forever prodding and poking at me and any of my names suggestions were met with "Oh no, you can't call the baby that...don't you remember that horrible kid at school with the same name?" Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!! With all the hormones thrown into the mix it does start to tip you over the edge!!

How many weeks are you now Briggi? I would love a 4d scan but I don't know where/when and how much!

Almost 24 weeks now :D

The 4D scan was totally worth it, I had mine done at my hospital because they have the facility but I think a lot of people have it done privately. You've plenty of time to hunt down a convenient place, anyway... twins have to be scanned earlier as if it's left after something like 27 weeks they hide behind eachother so you only see the bolshy, confident one :razz:

I concur though, people are SO rude, I've had loads of "why ruin your life you're so young blah blah bollockscakes" comments but we know better than that eh. Many, many congratulations to you m'dear! :yipee:
    I concur though, people are SO rude, I've had loads of "why ruin your life you're so young blah blah bollockscakes" comments but we know better than that eh. Many, many congratulations to you m'dear! :yipee:

That's very rude. Surely you'd realise the responsibilty anyway and wouldn't need people to tell you that?