Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fucking pedestrians

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bloody pedestrians in Glasgow!!!

Was driving on my way to uni, rainy day, busy road. I was turning right into a road, and the way was clear for me to go (as far as traffic was concerned). This guy started crossing the road AS I WAS TURNING INTO THE STREET and then slowed down and STOPPED right in front of me. I shrugged my shoulders at him, and he never moved. Wound my window down and him and told him to move and he shouted at me giving me dog's abuse: 'Don't order me about!' he shouted. I eventually made it round him and as I went past he spat on my car (dirty fucker). Honestly, if I had run him down it would've been my fault, but he didn't give a flying fuckaroo. Makes my blood boil how pedestrians don't watch the road.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Apologies for the shouting.

P.S. This is my second rant in as many days. I'm getting to be a very angry man....

Comments

• Options
    wot a dip! may do him some good one day if someone runs him over - maybe then he'll realise that he wont win against a car!
  • Options
    Sorry read the topic title and instantly had the urge to post this link...

Remember Fucking Pedestrians = Good

This http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007110349,00.html = Bad
  • Options
    Shoulda spear-tackled him!
  • Options
    fucking motorists! Only jesting :D
  • Options
    Looking back on it now, there is the ambiguity. Is 'fucking' a verb or an adjective in this sentence?

Makes my point seem silly now :(
  • Options
    I'd have stopped to see fucking pedestrians, especially if they were 17-year-old redhead lesbians :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I'd have stopped to see fucking pedestrians, especially if they were 17-year-old redhead lesbians :D
    If only....

Unfortunately, it was a plank in a bright blue raincoat....
  • Options
    nonono, redhead, not strawberry blonde.

although I'm not too fussy;)
  • Options
    You should have just run the turd over. I generally take pleasure in scaring people like that. It's not just a weegie thing, though, I nearly ran over some old duffer a few weeks ago because he didn't want to use the crossing ten feet up the road. Similar reaction too, except I can shout louder and with more swearing than even the filthiest hobo.
  • Options
    Peds are notorious for it in Glasgow. They just cross the road without any thought at all. I had no idea what to do given this was the first time it's happened to me. The fact he slowed down and stopped says all he wanted to do was have a go. Had half a mind to take him on with my wrench.....

Is it this bad in other parts of the UK?
  • Options
    :lol: good on him! Apart from the spitting thing, thats not nice. I saw the same thing happen in town a few weeks ago but it was at some traffic lights. The driver was being well arsey with the woman, revving his engine and then wound his window down. Some passers-by saw and stuck up for her. Power to pedestrians! :razz:
  • Options
    How good on him? I was turning and he stepped onto the road as I was maneuvering. When I shrugged my shoulders, he stepped back, rather than keeping on walking. If I had hit him, it would've been MY fault rather than his for not checking the road was clear. He then started to verbally abuse me when I asked him what he was doing. Once I had stopped, the onus was on him to move out the way. All I did was shrug my shoulders, he started the abuse.
  • Options
    Dunno, I just think its funny you're ranting and raving about it so I thought I'd stir it up a bit :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Dunno, I just think its funny you're ranting and raving about it so I thought I'd stir it up a bit :p
    Of course I'm ranting and raving about it. I was forcibly stopped in my car while carrying out a perfectly legal maneuver by an absolute twat of a pedestrian who then proceeded to hurl abuse at me while I was stopped and then he spat on my car as I drove off. If that doesn't wind you up I don't know what you're trying to 'stir things up'....

Oh@ Fire alarm has just gone off in the library!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Of course I'm ranting and raving about it. I was forcibly stopped in my car while carrying out a perfectly legal maneuver by an absolute twat of a pedestrian who then proceeded to hurl abuse at me while I was stopped and then he spat on my car as I drove off. If that doesn't wind you up I don't know what you're trying to 'stir things up'....

Oh@ Fire alarm has just gone off in the library!
  • Options
    I had a drunken bloke try that with me on a zebra crossing a couple of months ago, pipped my horn so he started swearing, I got out and clocked him around the head with a crook lock.

Actually I just drove past him with my horn blaring, scared the shit out of the fucker.
  • Options
    You'd think he'd be happy to not be run over. ffs, he should have moved as fast as possible, not sworn and stopped. Fucktard
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    especially if they were 17-year-old redhead lesbians :D

Halford's carpark, don't forget your wallet.