Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Celebrity mum of the year

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6454103.stm

ROFL

maybe there wasnt many to choose from?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She probably is the best of a bad bunch going by the other contenders!
  • Options
    Gold diggers, druggies and racists need only apply.

If that was the best shortlist they could come up with they must be fucking stupid. There are loads of better celebrity mums to choose from.

:thumb:
  • Options
    I think she's a great mum :thumb:

Charlotte Church will win it one day I bet.
  • Options
    probably marginally better than Jade Goody or Britney Spears.
  • Options
    what a load of trash.

celeb mum? whaaat? who cares!

modern day fixation with celebrity culture does my head it, it's rubbish!
  • Options
    Im just surprised that it was won by someone who splashes their kids all over the newspapers and magazines for a quick buck at every available opportunity
  • Options
    She's a good Mum.
  • Options
    She only got it cause her kid's disabled.

I think her and her pot bellied pig faced hubby are both vile :yuck:
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »
    modern day fixation with celebrity culture does my head it, it's rubbish!

Yep, but there's obviously a market for that kind of shit or it wouldn't get reported. Idiot girls with a substandard IQ are usually to blame.
  • Options
    I do wonder though, although they are "woman's dailys" etc, do many men read them?

or do you think they stick to the male equivalent of nuts etc... (which is equally as trashy and rubbish)

& I wasnt having a go at you or anything SCC :) I agree that she probably only won for the reasons you mentioned.

but the fact that the compo existed in the first place is absurd!
  • Options
    The competition is absurd, regardless of the "winners" they've had in the past I just have to wonder how you quantify and judge who is the best mum.

If they insist on having such competitions -- where someone is essentially judged to be a better parent than other by people who don't have a scooby doo what goes on behind closed doors -- then there are genuinely excellent role models of mothers who juggle the juxtaposition of "fame" and "normality" in terms of motherhood very well indeed. Would be nice to see them recognised rather than awarding it for publicity's sake :)
  • Options
    No outsider (meaning us) know what they are really like as parents I think it's unfair to criticise them as mothers based on their public side.
  • Options
    Do you think splashing your kids all over the newspapers is a good sign then?

There cant even be a semblance of a normal life for those kids.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    No outsider (meaning us) know what they are really like as parents I think it's unfair to criticise them as mothers based on their public side.

Well it's about as unfair [and uninformed] of a judgement as praising them for their mothering skills without knowing an actual jot about them.

We don't know either way, it's the same level of assumption and projection to assume they're superfantabulous as to assume they're mommie dearest wielding an axe.
  • Options
    Personally I think she deserves it... Certainly more than Kerry Katona and Sharon Osbourne!!!
    Do you think splashing your kids all over the newspapers is a good sign then?

There cant even be a semblance of a normal life for those kids.

What's normal though? Everyone's brough up differently. At least you see Jordan enjoying spending time with her kids... Unlike some celeb mums who seem to leave it all up to 'their people' and have completly seperate lives.
    Katie has become a symbol of how a person can constantly be in the public eye, whilst remaining a devoted and doting mum.

I think that exactly sums up her relationship with her kids.
    I think it also important to have people in the public eye for others with kids with disablities and such, to look up to and think 'if they can do it, so can I'

She's someone who isn't affraid of saying what's on her mind... Bringing public attention to things like Post-natal depression, which she suffers from... I think she absolutly deserves to be Celebrity mum of the year, despite her not being a perfect person... who is, after all.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    What's normal though? Everyone's brough up differently. At least you see Jordan enjoying spending time with her kids...

Exactly - she's been in this game long enough to know how to work the media. She knows that flashing her disabled boy round OK magazine, taking her family to movie premieres and getting "accidentaly" snapped by the press will get her sympathy from the public and have everybody think "Awww, at least you see her with her family all the time!"
    I think it also important to have people in the public eye for others with kids with disablities and such, to look up to and think 'if they can do it, so can I'

Well yeah, if you're loaded.

Jordan's kids wont want for anything, same can't be said for a single mum in a council house who's so skint she's got to feed her kids cornflakes for dinner.
    She's someone who isn't affraid of saying what's on her mind... Bringing public attention to things like Post-natal depression, which she suffers from... I think she absolutly deserves to be Celebrity mum of the year, despite her not being a perfect person... who is, after all.

What's on her mind? To be honest if I had a daughter that ended up going around slagging off the size of Gareth Gates willy then I'd feel I'd failed as a parent.

Fair enough if she's brought post-natal depression to the public eye, but that doesn't automatically mean you're Mum of the year, especially if you milk your son's disability for all it's worth as she seems to do.
  • Options
    theres a difference between not being afraid to say whats on your mind, and having no concept of whats appropriate or not.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Jordan's kids wont want for anything, same can't be said for a single mum in a council house who's so skint she's got to feed her kids cornflakes for dinner.

It doesn't make it emotionally easier if you're rich... Everyone knows money can't buy everything; yes, it probably makes her life a hell of a lot easier practically, but I don't think that helps with the stresses she goes though... and infact it can't be easy for her being in the public eye and having people constantly being so judgemental about her and watching her every move. She copes with that in her own way... I have no idea if she 'milks' her situation for publicity... but really, why shouldn't she if that's how she happens to earn her income and it also does a bit of good about raising awareness of the struggels mothers can go through at the same time.
  • Options
    Sharon Osbourne would've been a FAR more worthy candidate in my view. I think Kerry Katona won a previous year and look at the state she's in at the moment, goes to show how much actual thought they put into who they're going to crown.

I actually really like Jordan (well Katie Price I suppose), I think she's a shrewd businesswoman or at least is shrewd enough to employ good business brainiacs. If I was to herald anything about her it'd be that. At least we can cite evidence and examples, we literally know fuck all about her as a mother. What we know is what she wants us to know, totally different from the truth.

I do think good on her for dealing with that twat Yorke and not going apeshit/crazy.
  • Options
    I still can think of sooo many other celebrity mums who are a far better role model
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    To be honest if I had a daughter that ended up going around slagging off the size of Gareth Gates willy then I'd feel I'd failed as a parent.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    I still can think of sooo many other celebrity mums who are a far better role model

Agreed :yes:
  • Options

Who would you have liked to have seen nominated then?
  • Options
    It doesn't make it emotionally easier if you're rich... Everyone knows money can't buy everything; yes, it probably makes her life a hell of a lot easier practically, but I don't think that helps with the stresses she goes though... and infact it can't be easy for her being in the public eye and having people constantly being so judgemental about her and watching her every move. She copes with that in her own way... I have no idea if she 'milks' her situation for publicity... but really, why shouldn't she if that's how she happens to earn her income and it also does a bit of good about raising awareness of the struggels mothers can go through at the same time.

It might not help with the stress of being a mother of a child (disabled or otherwise), but it's always a big help when you don't have a mortgage to worry about. Also a big help to have cash so you don't have to work so you can spend more time with your kids.

It comes across as if she's thinking "My son's got a disability, might as well make a bit of cash out of it", the fact that she's doing some good is probably an added bonus.

I'm with briggi here, she's got a lot of business sense although she is Max Clifford's wet dream personified.
  • Options
    Couldn't really give a monkeys tbh.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I like Jordan, she's pretty switched on and she's certainly not stupid.
    From what I've seen she's certainly not a bad mother either, but the whole concept of there being an award for mothering is pretty stupid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Like who? out if interest.

I agree with Skive -the whole thing is stupid.
  • Options
    There werent that many candidates I guess, but I would have thought someone like Davina mcall would be a far more deserving winner.
  • Options
    Well I think the general concensus was that the competition was preposterous, but if they insist on quantifying and judging such things as "celebrity motherhood" then they could at least make a half-arsed attempt at it.

Kate Winslet would've been an ideal choice :) Or even someone like Sharon Osbourne - mentioned on here before as an even less apt choice than KP - who has messed up and been up and down but is a great example of a strong mother figure and someone who has struggled with motherhood to eventually have great, supportive relationships with her kids.