Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

restless legs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
does anyone know of a homeopathic cure
for restless legs?
The symptoms vary for different people. Mine
are a feeling like a tight band around my right ankle which starts as soon as I sit down. Standing up seems to alleviate it.
TIA
Ivan

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm assuming you've already tried your GP, and that is why you are seeking homeopathy, but here are a few things I have found, that may be of interest:

"TREATMENT: Treatment for restless legs syndrome is symptomatic. In most cases, medications such as clonazepam, temazepam, levodopa/carbidopa, bromocriptine, pergolide mesylate, oxycodone, propoxyphene, and codeine are effective in relieving the symptoms. However, some medications may have side effects. Application of cold compresses may also provide relief of symptoms."

There are plenty of websites out there. Try www.ask.co.uk and search for 'restless legs'. It's amazing how many links there are. I'd never heard of this syndrome so it was interesting for me too. Good Luck.
    Theres an artical in the new issue (January) of Heres Health on 'restless legs' if u were still looking for information
    Originally posted by Frozen:
    <STRONG>Theres an artical in the new issue (January) of Heres Health on 'restless legs' if u were still looking for information</STRONG>

I sumtimes get it, its weird.