Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worst pundit?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The other thread got me thinking, who do you reckon is the worst football pundit?

Well obviously it's Ian Wright, so who's the second worst?

I'd say mine is Archie McPherson. On Scotsport last night the senile old fool started slagging us off because we celebrated an opposition player (their best player by a mile tbh) getting sent off on Saturday. I think if he had his way we'd all be politely clapping when the opposition scored a goal like they probably did in the 1880's when he started his career. Fucking idiot.

Either him or Gerry McNee. While he's spot on when he says Rangers have more to do to beat the bigots than Celtic do, he can't stand the fact that we've got a relatively successful team. Like most of the hacks from the Daily Retard and The Hun, he's still bitter about the 80's when we had a successful team. We didn't know our place and we were just supposed to be those sheep shaggers from up north, and the likes of him hated it when we were winning league titles and conquering Europe. Now when we've got a decent team challenging for the Champions League place he says "we're a mess and Jimmy has a lot of work to do". Who ever said ignorance is bliss, eh?

Erm, yeah bit of a tangent there.

Worst pundit?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The question probably should've been, are there any good ones? ;)

I'd concur with Ian Wright. Mark Lawrenson is a miserable git and adds nothing of note. Jamie Redknapp is really pushing Ian Wright for the crown though.

Richard Keys............now there's a twat..........every game is the biggest ever with him and different teams are in or out of the title race every week. It's always over by October with Keys.

Personally, I'd say THE worst is David Pleat.

On bad days Clive Tyldesley, Alan Green and Andy Gray deserve to be included too.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I like Ian Wright as a pundit during the international comps when England are playing. I knows he talks shit, but he brings a bit of passion and humour - something the likes of Hanson and Lawrenson will never be able to provide.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My dream team:

Presenter: John Barnes
    Pundits: Ian Wright, Mark Lawrenson, and some twat from a tabloid newspaper because they can't book anyone else in time.
    Commentary Team: John Motson and David "can't pronounce a simple word" Pleat
  • Options
    Andy Gray, biggest twat of a bad bunch. Why does he feel the need to praise his own performance in the 1984 fa cup final every time Watford are live on sky
  • Options
    My dream team:

Presenter: John Barnes
    Pundits: Ian Wright, Mark Lawrenson, and some twat from a tabloid newspaper because they can't book anyone else in time.
    Commentary Team: John Motson and David "can't pronounce a simple word" Pleat

Agreed, Worst Pundit has to be Andy Gray - Absolute Tosser

My Dream Team:

Presenter:- come back to you on that one
    Pundits:- Ian Wright, Alan Hansan (Giz a wave), Jamie Redknapp
    Comentary: John Motson and John Barnes.
  • Options
    Any pundit past and present on ITV.

Plus Ian Wright.
  • Options
    Jamie Redknapp is by far and away the worst pundit in the history of the universe. Not only is he a boring cunt, his dad's a boring cunt and his wife's a boring cunt, and I'm sicking of hearing him wanking on about both. The thing that really made me hate him, though, was the magazine he launched recently just fopr the Premiershit footballer earning more in ten minutes what someone with worth earns in 20 years. What a grade A nobber.

I also hate Mark Bright, because he's even more boring than Brian Moore.
    At least Ian Wright is humourous.
  • Options
    I don't think I hate any pundit as much as I do Motson. The guy is long since past it, BBC do the right thing please!

Its at times like this I miss Barry Davies.
  • Options
    I don't mind redknapp, although there is a fair bit of room between his ears.

I like motty tho, agreed mark bright is well iritating!
  • Options
    that robot wars presenter still does my head in on motd, all i want to do is watch the match and the geezer's trying to give me a heart attack and it's only a dull 0-0 ffs, calm down mate...
  • Options
    I'm suprised no one has mentioned shearer. I know he's a hero on tyneside and that, but he adds nothing to the bbc team. He just seems to repeat what everyone else says...

Edit: I forgot Jimmy Hill and Chris Kamara. Both idiots...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    that robot wars presenter still does my head in on motd, all i want to do is watch the match and the geezer's trying to give me a heart attack and it's only a dull 0-0 ffs, calm down mate...

I think Jonathan Pearce is a great commentator. Rarely makes mistakes and shows passion.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm suprised no one has mentioned shearer. I know he's a hero on tyneside and that, but he adds nothing to the bbc team. He just seems to repeat what everyone else says...

Edit: I forgot Jimmy Hill and Chris Kamara. Both idiots...

I forgot! He's close to Andy Gray, I think if england beat brazil 25-0 shearer would say "it may not have been englands best performance, but its the result that counts".
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I think Jonathan Pearce is a great commentator. Rarely makes mistakes and shows passion.

that's his name, passion's one word i suppose....to be fair there are worse, i just can't stand listening to the guy because he sounds like he's creamed himself every time there's a decent tackle or pass, maybe he's watched too many sunday league matches or something lol.
  • Options
    I hate hansen. Talks the talk and criticises managers but hasn't got the balls to do it himself. Also pretends to know the rules of the game but most of that comes out of his arse.

Ian Wright makes me laugh because most of his punditry about England games is based on his bitterness about the fact that SWP isn't playing...
  • Options
    Does anyone remember Wright when England lost to Northern Ireland a couple of years ago? Fucking classic it was... :D
  • Options
    The punditry on British TV is appalling, especially the terrestrial stations.

Ian Wright is a clown who shouldn't be anywhere near a TV studio. He's all 'innit' and 'geezer' when it's going sweet, and when things aren't going England's way he huffs and starts going on about how they need a bit of flair on the wing.... wonder where you're going with that Ian? About as subtle as a kick in the teeth.

Hanson is a moron who loves to criticize. I'd almost watch a 0-0 if it meant I wouldn't have to listen to this cunt constantly moaning about the defending.

Lawrenson is an unfunny, stupid haircut, drunken bastard.

Shearer is a stupid cunt. Obviously the only reason he's a pundit is because he would have been too thick to go into management.

As is Redknapp. Jamie likes to keeps things simple, but sometimes you think a pre-schooler would do a better job. "What you get with Thierry Henry is someone who can score you goals." Really Jamie? Fucking hell, such insight.

David Pleat is a senile joke who doesn't know his Arsenal from his elbow.

Robot Wars and Motson are awful commentators.

By far the biggest of all cunt commentators is Alan Green. I've never heard such a biased, spiteful, ABU commentator in all my life. I swear he's about to break down in tears anytime United score and he's commentating. I can only imagine what he must have been like when O'Shea scored the last minute winner against his beloved Liverpool 2 weeks ago.

OK, I think it's safe to say now who I do like. Almost all are from Sky, who are the only people who can put on a decent football broadcast.

Andy Gray - Got good knowledge of the game and always does a good job covering the match. He's passionate about football too. Only criticism is that under Sky's orders I presume he rarely likes to criticise high profile players e.g. Henry/Ronaldo dive - "he just loses his balance there" No Andy, he dived.

Chris Kamara - Good entertainment and has a limitless knowledge of lower league football.

Gerry Armstrong - Covers the Spanish games on Sky. Best commentator they have IMO. Should be put on Premiership matches but I think he loves having the Spanish job, can't blame him I suppose. Another one with fantastic knowledge of the game, and knows La Liga inside out.
  • Options
    I don't like the way Hansen always criticises teams defending no matter whats happening. Chris Coleman always seems to get rolled out for Wales games, he's ok i guess.

I'm doing a course in Sports Journalism next year so maybe i'll end up working with these guys ;)
  • Options
    Lawrenson without a doubt. His 'banter' with Motson is nothing short of dreadful. If I'm at home and there's the choice, I'll switch off the BBC1 commentary and switch on the Five Live once. I think Alan Green is way more entertaining.

Where the hell has Barry Davies got to? I always liked his commentaries as they were always full of spite about how he had to play second fiddle to Motty for so long.
  • Options
    Andy Gray.
  • Options
    I won't hear a bad word said about Kamara- he has always shown passion and excitement, and he was the manager that a) made Sam Allardyce cry and b) gave me the best football day of my life.

I like Alan Green, he tells it like it is and isn't afraid of Fergie's gin-soaked ranting. He slags Liverpool off more than most, too.