Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emigration Health Check

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As my parents emigrated to NZ earlier this year and cause I'm under 21 I can get a residency visa on them, so we've all agreed that it would be a good move regardless of whether I actually choose to go over after my holiday at X-Mas...

I've had to book and pay for chest X-rays (£115 each) and a 1hr stringent health check (£90) and to top it all off I've got to have 3 blood tests (£20 each - 1 for Syphalis, 1 for something else and 1 because I have body piercings and tattoos)

You can't even shop around for prices as you can only have them at 2 places in Lancashire (being Preston).. I'm pretty impressed with how strict it is for moving over there, I'm quite glad in a way that theres all these tests you have to have and stuff...

Just a bit worried I guess, I'm not sure everything they check for and as far as I'm concerned I'm healthy, but I'm not sure what blood tests (ie. drug tests) they do if any as they won't reveal all the details

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wow, that's a lot of tests! I didn't know they were that strict! But then, when you go, you know you won't be catching some diseases that you could in the UK.

Good luck!

(I think the tattoo/ piercing extra test is a bit odd... discrimination... grrr)

An eye for an eye makes the world blind.