Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

tablets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello people,

never been on this thread b4 but need sum advice please!

i am a size 12 in waist and i am going to the slimming doctor next week to get sum of those apitite depresants has anyone ever been on these? and are they any good?

any answers will be appriciated!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a size 12 isnt fat as you would know if u read the thread on it. you so dont need to take pills to help u loose weight and if you do want to then get some exercise. u dont know how them tablets may affect you, they may have bad side affects although i dont really know anything about them. anyways as i said before the healthiest way to loose weight and to tone up would be to get some exercise. it can actually be fun aswell as benefit your health for the future
    DONT DO IT!!!!!
    no no no no no they just make u pee, and they also make u grumpy as hell, i should know as i took them after i had my baby, also, the doc wont give them to you as a size 12 definately isnt fat and u have to be obese for your quack to give them to you.. u can get fat metabolisers from health food shops etc.. but even though they promise good results it's no quick fix, you have to eat sensibly and also exercise. If you are determined to lose weight have you tried Yoga? i did this after i gave up on the tablets and im now a stone lighter and a whole lot healthier.. yoga also helps u put your problems in to perspective and you may realise after you've toned up that u never wanted to lose weight.. just to have better self esteem.. and remember..
    YOU CANT CHANGE AN APPLE INTO A PEAR!!!!
    ( and vice versa!! )
    get healthy.. get happy
    love Kash xx
    i do exercise i go kickboxin and done for about a year now that just tones up your arms and legs and there is no way i am going to start doing any other form of exercise although yoga ive always wanted to try? um i dont know what else to say really but i think that i have a ickle bit of a stomach but no one else seems to think so but if im not happy shouldnt i do to make me happy??

have i just waffled shite there or wat!!
    if your not happy Bluey, then you will do it if you want, no one is going to change your mind.. but ask yourself why you want to change.. if the answer is that other people may perceive you as fat.. then you are doing it for other people anyway.. but if you DO have to take anything, take Schiff metaboliser tablets.. they're safe, and they work, but im warning u, u will pee!!!!
    xx
    thanx peps!

standing on the corner the world moves in slow motion!
    Originally posted by bluey:
    hello people,

never been on this thread b4 but need sum advice please!

i am a size 12 in waist and i am going to the slimming doctor next week to get sum of those apitite depresants has anyone ever been on these? and are they any good?

any answers will be appriciated!!!

I dout very much u will get any kind of appetite suppresant from your docter...how old r u out of interest?

Its extremly unusual for docters to prescribe these, unless u r obese which u cant be if u r a size 12 no matter what!

Maybe u should talk to your docter about how u feel about yourself and your weight and maybe work out your BMI coz I bet your weight isnt considered to be too much for your height etc and anyone not overweight and wanting tablets like these cannot be happy with how they are.

Ill just add that I used to take diuretics and slimming pills, not to mention base (aka speed, which Im now doing again and its not easy to stop the stuff) which is usually in them tablets anyway. They r not nice things to take, u feel like shit on them to be honest and they r dangerous and addictive...dont bother with them, trust me!