Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Redwatch

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nottmlad wrote: »
    Why are you so hung up the race issuie we talk less about it then anyone else.... i know the bnp are not perfect far from it there are some things they stand for that i dont but some of the stuff they stand for i do. The main one being they fly the flag of this country and proud of it and i know what you all think if you fly the flag of your country and im not talking about football that you must be a raicst and true i see someone flying a union jack out there window i do think he prob is abit of a racist but way it see it in this fucked up pc land we live in if you want to be proud of your country your seen as i racist and so be it.

What makes you think the BNP has a monopoly on patriotism and flying the flag?

The only reason many decent people have been until recently been reluctant to fly the flag is that it had been hijacked by the fascist boys. Though luckily that has changed in the last few years.

Given many of the BNP members and officials' love for a certain former regime in Germany I'd say they are the least patriotic party in the whole of the land.
    But like to say i have 2 cousins who are mixed race i dont want to see them packed up and sent out the country.
    What the fuck are you doing supporting the BNP then? :confused:
    Im fighting a losing battle here as im always going to be seen as the bad guy but i know there are lots more people out there are like minded who dont want to stand by and have to take all the crap about not offending other races and religions even though they can piss all over us and ours and you know it.
    Any examples of this outrage you can mention?
    Look i know your going to keep grilling me on this and you rite to do so i like to see everyone voicing there views but i dont have all the answers to what you going to ask, i wish i did i might think about running for the bnp in the next local elections but im pro bnp and thats that should't see why anyone had a problem with that i dont go round on racist rants i just say give the bnp a chance dont take in all the stuff you read in the papers should know they never give the whole truth try going to a meeting if you stil dont like what you here then thats it. But there are more and more people who are joining the bnp and there must be a reason for this it is prob that there all racist like all you think well if you want to brand me a racist then do so im not really botherd.

I know you going to say its all lies but only you can decide if its true or not. (sounded like that twat of big brother then "you decide!")

I haven't got time to read all that right now, but I'd just say that in future, it's probably not a good idea to link to a completely legitimate and legal website that happens to contain homosexual material, and then claim that the owner is a pervert (or whatever). If you're going to claim that someone is a "sicko" then it's best to link to evidence to support that, the first time round. The way you posted it, just made you look like you were objecting to the material on that particular website.

But just to ask, before I attempt to read through all that later tonight (probably not a good idea on my work computer), what exactly is that guy claimed as doing? Does he have any convictions?
    So what is it about the BNP that is a cut above the rest? What policies do they have that interests you?

Or is it just frustration?
    But there are more and more people who are joining the bnp and there must be a reason for this it is prob that there all racist like all you think well if you want to brand me a racist then do so im not really botherd.
    Surely you can't deny that the BNP appeals to people with racist tendancies though? Whether it's intended, and whether or not all of their supporters are racist, you can't deny that the BNP tend to do well in areas where there is a lot of racist tension. Why do you think this is?
    What the fuck are you doing supporting the BNP then? :confused:

Right there that just what im talking about again with the race card the bnp are not the NF or any other white power group we have jewish members in london who are trying to stand for fuck sake does that sound like a racist party. Yes they are a white only group but think befor you fly off at me there a black only groups and theres nothing rong with that only that when any other race say there proud of there race religion history whatever there seen as theres nothing rong with it but when white people do it then it MUST be racist.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Any examples of this outrage you can mention?

I'd say positive discrimination was one thing you could argue. But here I am playing devil's advocate again.

The problem with the BNP, is that they appeal to people's sensitivities - lack of jobs, income, affordable housing, crime problems etc. etc. all very 'working class' issues, because generally they're the people who are worst off. But, they use these problems to push an alternative agenda, and that's where the propaganda is. Poverty in the UK isn't caused by immigrants, neither is crime. We had both before anyone foreign set foot on the UK.

People who are frustrated with the government will turn to the extreme parties who show a problem and a solution, they make it look like 1 + 1 = 2 and it's an achievable goal, if only someone with the right stuff was in power. But at the end of the day, the problem is not the real issue, it's just a focal point for people. People of other races have always been the easy target, they're easy to identify and can't defend themselves against claims that they're 'stealing everyones job'.

I think part of the reason why you'll find a lot of people don't like the BNP, is because they're just taking advantage of a situation and then throwing their own agenda onto it.
    Surely you can't deny that the BNP appeals to people with racist tendancies though? Whether it's intended, and whether or not all of their supporters are racist, you can't deny that the BNP tend to do well in areas where there is a lot of racist tension. Why do you think this is?

Yer they do appeal but if your living in these areas and feel like no1 is hearing you, what do you do just say nothing and put up with it? Think turning to the bnp and these people feel like someone is supporting them and trying to do something about it. Its better for them to turn to the bnp then go off and start rioting which i know has happend in the pass but look ever in Belfast see what problems they have had over the years there is abit more extream i know but things have calmed down and thats becuase they trying to do the fighting through politacal partys which is bettter then hand to hand fighting i think.
    Can someone explain in a brief sentence who and what Redwatch are?

I dont get it, I understand the BNP and their beliefs, but im confused with this one:confused:

I have tried to read their literature etc (but its hard work) and doesnt make much sense. I dont understand what section of society they dont like? I thought the BNP was about wanting blacks out the country, but these guys are on about peadophiles, homosexuals, blacks

Just a sentence to explain would be great :thumb:
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I'd say positive discrimination was one thing you could argue. But here I am playing devil's advocate again.

The problem with the BNP, is that they appeal to people's sensitivities - lack of jobs, income, affordable housing, crime problems etc. etc. all very 'working class' issues, because generally they're the people who are worst off. But, they use these problems to push an alternative agenda, and that's where the propaganda is. Poverty in the UK isn't caused by immigrants, neither is crime. We had both before anyone foreign set foot on the UK.

People who are frustrated with the government will turn to the extreme parties who show a problem and a solution, they make it look like 1 + 1 = 2 and it's an achievable goal, if only someone with the right stuff was in power. But at the end of the day, the problem is not the real issue, it's just a focal point for people. People of other races have always been the easy target, they're easy to identify and can't defend themselves against claims that they're 'stealing everyones job'.

I think part of the reason why you'll find a lot of people don't like the BNP, is because they're just taking advantage of a situation and then throwing their own agenda onto it.

Some good points and your right.

I think alot of white people are starting to feel like there the a minority group and i do sometimes living in nottingham there is some racial tension. not just talkin about white peole but do see alot of asian and black people fighting each other but you all know about the problems that go off here and just gets worst.
    Calvin wrote: »
    Can someone explain in a brief sentence who and what Redwatch are?

I dont get it, I understand the BNP and their beliefs, but im confused with this one:confused:

I have tried to read their literature etc (but its hard work) and doesnt make much sense. I dont understand what section of society they dont like? I thought the BNP was about wanting blacks out the country, but these guys are on about peadophiles, homosexuals, blacks

Just a sentence to explain would be great :thumb:

Redwatch are a far right group that put picturs of as they see them left wing people are out to take down the far right and what there doing. As fot the bnp im saying no more like the egg and the chicken question be here till the of time.
    but i know there are lots more people out there are like minded who dont want to stand by and have to take all the crap about not offending other races and religions even though they can piss all over us and ours and you know it.

Just so you are aware - you should realise that kind of statement, without any evidence at all linked to it (as for example Aladdin at least posted a link in relation to Nick Griffin) - comes very close to breaching the rules you agreed to on racism and the posting of hateful material.

To whit -

'Harassing, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, racist or otherwise unlawful posts are not permitted.'

Be aware that you can hold whatever you views you want, but you can not simply use this board to throw out wholly unsupported claims that incite hatred.
    ok your right delete anything that comes across that way the site rules are here for a reason. I knew from my first post i was going to open a can of worms and i was going to wish that i never bother reading or saying anything lol
    Well I've deleted your posts linking to nwatch - but as to your views, just be careful to provide a link to something you feel supports what your saying if you decide to make such a generalisation again. After all I don't get the impression you're hear to promote the BNP - but it's always a difficult discussion under our rules.
    Redwatch are a far right group that put picturs of as they see them left wing people are out to take down the far right and what there doing. As fot the bnp im saying no more like the egg and the chicken question be here till the of time.

Its clear now :p
    Yer they do appeal but if your living in these areas and feel like no1 is hearing you, what do you do just say nothing and put up with it? Think turning to the bnp and these people feel like someone is supporting them and trying to do something about it.

So you admit that it tends to be desperate circumstances that lead people to the BNP? Far right groups tend to be most popular when unemployment levels are high (example: France). And the reasoning behind it, tends to be a "foreigners taking our jobs" attitude. But this isn't the case in Britain at the moment, since unemployment is pretty low in general (and so is the support for the BNP). So in a climate where immigrants are actively aiding the economy in this country, all that's left is bullshit hysteria surrounding Muslim terrorists, the EU, "PC gone mad" or straightforward racism. I would say that anyone with genuine, well thought out concerns about such issues would be more likely to consider themselves a Conservative.
    Right there that just what im talking about again with the race card the bnp are not the NF or any other white power group we have jewish members in london who are trying to stand for fuck sake does that sound like a racist party. Yes they are a white only group but think befor you fly off at me there a black only groups and theres nothing rong with that only that when any other race say there proud of there race religion history whatever there seen as theres nothing rong with it but when white people do it then it MUST be racist.
    The BNP has always wanted and *officially* still wants to "help" non-whites to leave this country.

If you really have mixed race relatives or friends you wouldn't like to be made to leave the country I would advice checking your facts or even the BNP's own manifesto before you continue your support for them. Because you might as well be a turkey voting for Xmas.
    give the bnp a chance
    No thanks.
    Id rarther see the the torys in then labour but cart remember where i heard this, that some members where leaving the party the torys as going away form the right and going into the middle. One thing that does annoys me about people veiws on the torys is that if they ever got back into power that we would be in a mess often have this from my gran but as i try to tell her in a nice way she is my gran! That some people would say that the country is in a mess that a matter of opinion but people look at the torys as they was in the 80's and dont take in that where in diffrent times now and the country is not in the mess it was once back then and goes back to that labour then was for the working class but most people now do not see themselfs as working class and would having the torys back in be that bad?
    Aladdin wrote: »
    The BNP has always wanted and *officially* still wants to "help" non-whites to leave this country.

If you really have mixed race relatives or friends you wouldn't like to be made to leave the country I would advice checking your facts or even the BNP's own manifesto before you continue your support for them. Because you might as well be a turkey voting for Xmas.

Can kiss goodbye to christmas the way things are going off in the country in years to come.
    Isn't there two issues? 1) What the BNP is? 2) What does the average supporter think it is?

To me it seems obvious that the BNP is a racist organisation, they may try to pretty it up by talking about voluntary repatriation, but you only need to look at its leadership and their backgrounds to realise that beneath the skin the BNP is still the same old neo-facist party that its predecessors were...

That said I don't think that everyone who votes for it is supporting the lynching of ethnic minorities (or event their repatriation). Most people support a party not on whats in their manifesto, but what they believe the party represents. And these may not be the same thing...

Like it or not many people don't see the BNP as racist. they see them as standing up for the little man against a liberal elite which doesn't represent their believes, its partially a belief that the BNP would be harder on immigration (not the same as throwing out the old chap black down the street or getting rid of the local newsagent), that certain groups get better treatment for housing and benefits (a pretty widespread belief albeit mostly wrong) and whilst UK unemployment isn't of French proportions many of the places where the BNP is strong do have much, much higher levels than the UK average.

I suspect many BNP voters are people who in previous years would have either been working class Tories or old Labour (old Labour as in Atlee not Benn).

Now the country has to make a choice - we either take account of these views and change policy (which may of course create other social problems) or we continue as is (and accept that there may be a hard core of people who are disillusioned enought to see that their only hope of change is to vote BNP).
    Look i know your going to keep grilling me on this and you rite to do so i like to see everyone voicing there views but i dont have all the answers to what you going to ask

... and there is the problem with BNP support. Ignorance, not just of the implications of their policies (like your cousins, why should they be treated differently to any other person who is no WASP), nor of the fact that the BNP is fundamentally racist.

Do you really know what they stand for, or are you blinded by the "fear" politics they use. Like this:

"Can kiss goodbye to christmas the way things are going off in the country in years to come."

Which is complete shite, quite frankly. You are talking about the biggest festival in the country.

Interesting that you should pick on that one though. The one where we celebrate the birth of a jewish arab...
    Why last year then some citys councils say they are cutting down on christmas lights as they offend certain people?
    The only reason the BNP has got ANY support at the moment is because it is playing on people's fears and concerns that the current government isn't listening to them. Note how their focus has changed to things like crime and the military and away, predominantly from race. The sooner the government wakes up and starts to act on our behalf instead of their own, the sooner we will be able to all tell organisations like the BNP where to head off, ie down a deep well.
    Why last year then some citys councils say they are cutting down on christmas lights as they offend certain people?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/008900.php

In the same way that kids aren't allowed to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep? And taxi drivers aren't allowed to fly the St. Georges cross in their car on St. George's Day? Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail and Sun.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    The only reason the BNP has got ANY support at the moment is because it is playing on people's fears and concerns that the current government isn't listening to them. Note how their focus has changed to things like crime and the military and away, predominantly from race. The sooner the government wakes up and starts to act on our behalf instead of their own, the sooner we will be able to all tell organisations like the BNP where to head off, ie down a deep well.

The bnp wont get into power i dont think they will but there not going anywere any time soon there here and are getting bigger if you think there right or rong in what they say and the government will have to start to listen to them no mater how much they try to put them down and brand them as Bloody Nasty People.

Really not a good idea to link to a right wing propaganda site dude.

And as for the sentiment of Christmas not happening, firstly isn't Christianity the result of immigration into this country and secondly where you walking around with your eyes shut in December last year?

You link to a website called "Jihad Watch" and expect people to take it seriously? Come on, even the Daily Mail is more reputable than that. Equally, did they follow up the story, and find out what happened? Were there any council funded Christmas lights in Suffolk in Christmas 2005?
    In the same way that kids aren't allowed to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep? And taxi drivers aren't allowed to fly the St. Georges cross in their car on St. George's Day? Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail and Sun.

i dont believe any thing i read in any paper when it comes to politcs people can make there own mind up. The flags on cars when the football was on the police was stoping and handing out fines in nottingham as they was caursing a risk lol

St. Geroge's day does anyone do anything for it on here? I do and i dont what is there to do the goverment don't make an effort to make it a big day but i would't expect them too the St. Geroge flag wil always be seen as a football flag which is a real shame.