Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Festivals

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Ahhh, I hope so. I saw them on their first UK tour, couldn't go to the second as no job + bills equalled no money haha. The first tour was ace though :D I've told Chris unless he goes and sees them at Download for me I'm not giving him the ticket.

I missed the first tour :( GUTTED? Yes.

I went the second tour though when I was in college and I went their third tour late last year.

I can't wait for their fourth, I really can't. I queued up for 5 hours last time in the wind, rain and cold. Definately worth it though. Problem is, most Evanescence fans are mega big ones like me and being in the standing area involves almost dying.
  • Options
    Problem is, most Evanescence fans are mega big ones like me and being in the standing area involves almost dying.

Yeah me and my cousin weren't quite brave enough to be in the standing area, purely because of bad past experiences, but the atmosphere down there was probably alot better than where we were.... :( Still amazing though.
  • Options
    Download, hurrah!

Will be avoiding Evanescence, My Chem, Enter Shikari & The Gallows like the plague though.

EDIT: Also Sensation Black, but that isn't a festival per se...
  • Options
    me and violette are going to leeds i reckon. if we get tickets!

am well excited because I've never been to a festival before...I've always been working abroad for the past 3 summers, but this year I'll be in good old england.
    Is there any info on that yet? I had a look online but I could only find '06 stuff. I want to go this year because I'll be living in Leeds (probably) and my sister and her mate were going to come too.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Yeah me and my cousin weren't quite brave enough to be in the standing area, purely because of bad past experiences, but the atmosphere down there was probably alot better than where we were.... :( Still amazing though.

The atmosphere is amazing. You should buy standing tickets next time :yes:
  • Options
    Carling have just released the countdown to the festival release - the line-up is announced next monday at 6.45 and the tickets go on sale at 7pm. The rumoured bands are on wikipedia if you search for 'reading and leeds festival line-up'.

*bounces*

I haven't been able to afford it for the last 3 years, i'm pretty damn excited! Think i'm gonna send my sister to HMV in London to get my tickets.

*looks around* Actually, she posts on here. I should probably ask her if she'll do that before i broadcast to the interweb that that's what she's going to do.
  • Options
    OMG! *bounces too*
  • Options
    www.readingfestival.com

Is this the same site to get tickets for Leeds? Google hasn't come up with anything else. I'm a bit shit with this because I've not been to a big festival before!
  • Options
    wana go got glasto, I've never been before. but it's too late now, can't afford it either.

really want to go to bestival again, it's so much fun :hyper:

but it's right around the end of my dissertation so I doubt I'll be able to. rubbish!
  • Options
    Goign to Exit Festival in Serbia, wanted to do Sziget in Budapest but no can do cos of work, will be doing that next year though :D
  • Options
    www.readingfestival.com

Is this the same site to get tickets for Leeds? Google hasn't come up with anything else. I'm a bit shit with this because I've not been to a big festival before!

Yeah, you can get your tickets through there, seetickets.com, ticketmaster.co.uk or (i think) stargreen. I'd go for seetickets or stargreen over ticketmaster and the official site, because i think it'll be difficult to get on cos there'll be so many people.

Alternatively, if you're in Leeds at the mo, i think they'll be selling them IRL in some stores, cos that's how i'm getting mine - my sister's going to go to HMV and get them for me on the provision that i'll lend her the money to get her ticket :)

Oh yeah, and the official leeds website is http://www.leedsfestival.com/
  • Options
    How much do they tend to cost? I'm imagining VERY EXPENSIVE ...
  • Options
    i wanna go to V Festival this year.

Previous years ive always thought its had the weakest line-ups and T in the Park/Oxegen and Leeds/Reading have been better but im think the opposite this year.
  • Options
    *Spies clearly-exploitative yet highly-lucrative money-making opportunity*

Heehee
  • Options
    How much do they usually cost? :p
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote: »
    i wanna go to V Festival this year.

Me too. The last two years have not been particularly amazing (except for Robert Plant at '05 :heart: ), so I didn't save up for a ticket this year. Then I read the line-up and I almost cried :(.
  • Options
    I want to go to V this year but i go on holiday that weekend :(
  • Options
    How much do they usually cost? :p

This year tickets are going to cost £135+£7.50 booking fee, i think.

Yes, very expensive.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to the inaugural Fflam festival in July, give it a few years and this'll be huge :)
  • Options
    Jeeeesus. I think that's me not going then! OH well :(
  • Options
    This year tickets are going to cost £135+£7.50 booking fee, i think.

Yes, very expensive.

not really when you think of all the bands you see.

I always think festivals are a really good value way of lots of bands.
  • Options

If you see 10 a day, it works out at something like £5 which is pretty damn good value.

Or £10 a band if you buy your tickets from me :D
  • Options
    cunt.
  • Options
    When you work it out like that it is a bargain but I don't have that amount spare right now. Now I know how much it will cost though I can start saving now to go next year! Hehe.
  • Options

I totally agree - it's just it sounds like a lot of money when you have to pay it all at once :)
  • Options
    cunt.

Sticks and stones. I'll be the one laughing and if the rumours are anything to go by, the line-up sucks something awful. The Pumpkins would be worth seeing (again) but Razorlight headlining Friday??? Did I miss something?
  • Options
    I really wanna go to exit fest but its financially depending,i think i'm def gonna go to or try work at the secret garden party as its literally 15 mins away from my house. amaze.
  • Options
    Sticks and stones. I'll be the one laughing and if the rumours are anything to go by, the line-up sucks something awful. The Pumpkins would be worth seeing (again) but Razorlight headlining Friday??? Did I miss something?

youre still a cunt, even if youre laughing about it.
  • Options
    youre still a cunt, even if youre laughing about it.

Do you really want to have this discussion again? Plus slinging insults over a message board is pretty sad :D

If you want, I'll give you a discount :D
  • Options
    why be so blatant and smug about wanting to rip people off?