Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would it take for you to stop taking drugs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Iv been thinking this well for ages now, from time to time we all say f*ck it im giving them up i cart be doing with feeling like this anymore!

But seriously iv got a mate whos touching 30 now just takes coke but used to take pills aswell alot like i am really untill he ended over doing it so much with no sleep going to work then straight out and now he got Sleep Epilepsy its nothing too bad he has to take these tablets b4 he goes to sleep and long as he gets a good nights sleep there no problem.

But who wants have anything like that it was more down to him going out all the time and over doing it no so much the drugs but it cart of helped, i always say i would stop taking pills etc if something like that happend where i had to be took to hospital becuase took too many or whatever.

What would it take to stop or are you just going to keep on going till the end?

Comments

• Options
    stopping it all!

well hun for me it took being hooked up to a heart rate monitor (the kind people use to train with in the gym) when i was gakked up. my heart was doing over 150 beats a minute:shocking: . not touched it since. its been over 5 weeks and am feeling very good about it:D .

if it affects your general health or you have a serious condition which it wouldn't help such as your friends :no: Sleep Epilepsy - i would stop also.

i am aslo finding a domino effect with me quitting, my other half has and so has one of my best friends... team effort - really helps
  • Options
    I know young a DJ who has recently died, he had epilepsy and he died after taking an E.
    So if I had that then I'd stop.
    If drugs were making me unhappy or effecting my health then I'd stop.
  • Options
    If they were making me unhappy or seriously affecting my health, mentally or physcially i'd stop.
  • Options
    If there was something else to do at the weekend I would.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    If there was something else to do at the weekend I would.

Cinema.:thumb:

:yeees:
  • Options
    not touched it since. its been over 5 weeks and am feeling very good about it:D .

Good for You, nice signiture btw.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote: »
    Cinema.:thumb:

:yeees:

Not quite the same my friend.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Not quite the same my friend.

Oh i know all too well.
  • Options
    Nottmlad wrote: »
    What would it take to stop ?
    for me to stop doing drugs i'd have to be able to get an equivalent high some other way... i bet i'll be the 70 year old granny putting the odd bit of stuff into the tray of sugar cookies tbh :razz:
  • Options
    Simple, I'd stop when the badtimes started outweighing the good times.

Hence why i used to go out 2-3 nights at the weekend and get absolutely trashed, and now it's more like once every 2 or 3 months.
  • Options
    Simple, I'd stop when the badtimes started outweighing the good times.

Human Trafficaaa!
    When the comedown out ways the good time.
  • Options
    Really? never actually managed to watch more than 1/4 of that film, and even then i don't remember any of it.
  • Options
    Last time I watched it I had major double vision and had to keep one eye closed for the entire movie...