Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

tattoos?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave: hey
i ave been wantin 2 get a tattoo for ages nw bt i hate needles, has any1 ere got one done as how much does it hurt n b honest pls fanx.x:wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lucky88 wrote: »
    :wave: hey
    i ave been wantin 2 get a tattoo for ages nw bt i hate needles, has any1 ere got one done as how much does it hurt n b honest pls fanx.x:wave:

it hrtsa lut, owie... u ned tu bee brve.
    Depends where you get it done. Fleshy places don't hurt as much as bony places.

Make sure you're happy with what you want before you do it!
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    it hrtsa lut, owie... u ned tu bee brve.

raflmfao
    Kermit wrote: »
    Depends where you get it done. Fleshy places don't hurt as much as bony places.

Getting one done right down your spine absolutely kills.
    The best places for less pain are very fleshy areas like the stomach, legs and arms.
    Avoid the boney places like the wrists and ankles though, it hurts less than the spine but still hurts like hell.

My advice is if you want it go for it. Be Brave. :)
    The actual "hurting" (I wasn't overly bothered by it) is over with so quickly that it doesn't even matter.

Its the itchy scab for weeks after that's annoying :)
    Nikki* wrote: »
    The actual "hurting" (I wasn't overly bothered by it) is over with so quickly that it doesn't even matter.

Its the itchy scab for weeks after that's annoying :)

Where'd you get your tatoo done?
    The scab's a complete and utter pain in the arse.
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    The best places for less pain are very fleshy areas like the stomach, legs and arms.
    Avoid the boney places like the wrists and ankles though, it hurts less than the spine but still hurts like hell.
    I've got one done right at the bottom of my spine and it really didn't hurt that much. That said, it is rather small!

Strange, people have mentioned the scab being annoying etc but it really wasn't a problem for me. I guess it affects everyone differently.
    I've got one done right at the bottom of my spine and it really didn't hurt that much. That said, it is rather small!

Strange, people have mentioned the scab being annoying etc but it really wasn't a problem for me. I guess it affects everyone differently.

I said right down the spine. From the neck right to the base is what I meant.

Some people don't find the scabs annoying. I found it to be a pain in the arse because mine was right across my back. After that one the rest didn't seem as bad. Still annoying but not as annoying.
    I said right down the spine. From the neck right to the base is what I meant.

I see, I am not quite as hardcore as you then. :razz:
    I see, I am not quite as hardcore as you then. :razz:

It wasn't about being hardcore. :)

I've always loved full upper body tattoos. I've seen them all my life because most of my dad's side of the family have them.

We have Maori design tattoos because of our Maori heritage. Mine goes right across my back, over my shoulders and onto my chest. I'm thinking of extending it down my arms in June.
    Thought I'd add my £0.02

My first one I got done last summer is located on my bikini line, i'm not joking but I felt nothing. Nadda thing.

So I went in two weeks ago to get my newest one done (symbols and wings) on my upper back thinking, "it'll be grand, I'm hard, me" and holy fuuuuuuuuck did it hurt. And I've had laser therapy done on my short and curlies. I have HIGH pain threshold.

For me, the parts of me that were the most ticklish hurt most. Mine go from my spine out across the back of my hips, and I found the spine bits less painful than the (very ticklish) fleshy bits at the back of my hips.

Affects everyone in their own way, I guess.
    Where'd you get your tatoo done?
    The scab's a complete and utter pain in the arse.

I assume you mean where on my body...It's nearish to my ankle.. just above my actual ankle bone really. It's not exactly huge though.

The scab drove me mad though, mainly because I'm on my feet all day most days, and everytime it went tight or itchy in that annoying way scabs do, I'd walk about and it'd get worse. It all came off in one go though, bar one or two little black lines, so that was quite handy :)
    Tattoos (& peircings) are addictive. I think I've decided on my next one :hyper:
    Tattoos (& peircings) are addictive. I think I've decided on my next one :hyper:

What design are you having?
    Where on your body are you having it done?
    What design are you having?
    Where on your body are you having it done?

I'm gonna go for a ribbon bow thing on the back of my neck. A bit like Nicole Richie's one, but not coloured, and much nicer, obviously :razz:
    That should look good, and obviously, you have to make it much nicer than Nicole Richie's. :)

I'm saving up for mine extending down to my elbows in June. Got to leave space for my kids names when I have some (Goddesses and Gods permitting). :)
    It wasn't about being hardcore. :)

I've always loved full upper body tattoos. I've seen them all my life because most of my dad's side of the family have them.

We have Maori design tattoos because of our Maori heritage. Mine goes right across my back, over my shoulders and onto my chest. I'm thinking of extending it down my arms in June.

I'd quite like to see that :D
    I'm getting mine today :hyper:
    Ooh lucky! I'm getting mine soon.

Make sure you post pics :D
    i want one but im too scared! my firne said in the summer (when ive lost a bit more weight) she's going to take me to get one when she gets her next one.

i just love a little tattoo, they look so sexy!
    I got my first one just under 2 months ago on my inner ankle and the pain was nowhere near how bad I thought it was going to be. And that pain is such a small price to pay to have a beautiful design on your body for the rest of your life.

If you're sure about the design, have the money, and a good artist, then go for it. I faffed for ages before getting my first one, then after getting it, wondered why the hell I'd waited so long!
    It really depends on where you get it. Seriously, like, my first one was to the side of my spine, over the back of my ribs and kidneys. Seriously, it hurt so bad - and i get things pierced for fun!

However, the next tattoo i got wasn't anything like as painful cos it was on the base of my back, the sort of fleshy bit where your back meets your bum. And the other one i had, on the side of my hip, didn't hurt too much either. Maybe i've just got more hardcore?!

I've decided on my next one as well. How exciting!
    The one I got yesterday on the back of my neck didn't hurt at all. It felt like a sharp tickle, a bit like running the point of a compass on yourself. It was actually quite enjoyable! That made my mind up that I should go back and get a bit of shading :razz:
    The one I got yesterday on the back of my neck didn't hurt at all. It felt like a sharp tickle, a bit like running the point of a compass on yourself. It was actually quite enjoyable! That made my mind up that I should go back and get a bit of shading :razz:

eee, i so wanna see it! post pics :hyper: hehe! :)

btw i added you on't myspace hope thats alriiight!

all this talk of tattoos is making me want to get another one. im looking through bmezine for inspiration!
    eee, i so wanna see it! post pics :hyper: hehe! :)

btw i added you on't myspace hope thats alriiight!

all this talk of tattoos is making me want to get another one. im looking through bmezine for inspiration!
    I shall post pics soon, I may wait until I've got a bit of shading though.

And yes, I accepted you, and I even sent you a comment because I am that lovely. :razz:
    i hated needles till i got a tattoo now i am fine an go get it done an stop waitin
    I've done it, I've booked it for Friday. A little scared now!

I'm getting 'you'll never walk alone' down my forearm.
    I like that ribbon!
    I have a tattoo between my shoulder blades at the top. It's not my style anymore and I want it covering over.
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether it would look ridiculous or not?
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    I like that ribbon!
    I have a tattoo between my shoulder blades at the top. It's not my style anymore and I want it covering over.
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether it would look ridiculous or not?

Cover ups can look top notch if done by a good artist.
    What is the design your covering up ?