Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mr. Wenger

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
HA-FUCKING-HA!!!!!!!

Who are you going to blame for the latest failure I wonder?

Bit of a disappointing season really. Still, their new stadium is pretty swanky. Arsenal were dreadful and fully deserved to go out. I lost count of how many chances Adebayor fucked up. What a bunch of tits.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All my optimism for the short-term has been wiped out in less than a fortnight.

I'd hardly say we deserved to go out, we were the better team over the two legs imho but as usual there was no urgency. We're crying out for a greedy Horseface type striker.

There needs to be a huge turnover of players, training techniques and maybe staff or we're fucked next season.
    Arsenal weren't dreadful, they murdered PSV without sticking the ball in the net. It happens, especially with young players. It's happened too many times this season, especially at home, but to say the squad is rubbish and needs replacing is a bit of an over-reaction.

The rest of the Premier League must be laughing at the suggestion that Wenger's lost it and that Arsenal are rubbish.
    I don't think they're rubbish but I don't think they're anywhere near as good as they think they are. The way Fabregas goes on, you'd think we were witnessing 1970's Brazil. Potential is nothing until it proves itself. My inclination is that only a portion of Arsenal's youngsters will go on to be half the players they're cracked up to be.
    Why are there no "Wenger Must Go!" stories, for another trophy less season?

It would be wrong IMHO but that's exactly what you would get if it was Moaner, Fergie or Benitez. You know, a manager at a big club...
    Why are there no "Wenger Must Go!" stories, for another trophy less season?

Probably because you don't get the braindead Devon chumps ringing up 606 about Arsenal, because Arsenal don't have so many braindead Devon gloryhunting chumps "supporting" them.

Arsenal aren't that bad, if they start taking the chances they create and tighten up at the back a bit they will be fine. The problem they've had all season, especially at home, is that they pass teams into submission and then concede stupid goals.
    Dude, the Devon chumps you talk about tend not to be the ones writing the stories in the Tabloids...
    Oh, and ... *coughs*
    Wenger's brainwashed all the fans into believing that it doesn't matter if you win trophies, as long as you can pass in triangles.

Arsenal's problem is their attitude. Their free flowing football hasn't worked many of the times they've been found wanting. There's no plan B. They just expect their one-dimensional style to somehow work. Wenger's a good manager but he seems tactically inept at times. It's all dandy when you're sweeping aside poor opposition, but that's no use when you come up against a team who's willing to take you on and not let you 'pass them into submission'. :rolleyes:

PSV are no cloggers either, before Kermit makes more excuses for Arsenal and cites that as the reason they have failed. Arsenal were simply beaten by the better team over two leagues. PSV had more than half the job done after their performance at home.
    I don't know how you can say PSV were the better team at home- Arsenal spanked them for 65 minutes without putting the chances away. I don't think that PSV are cloggers but Koeman's teams have always been based on stout defending and nicking a goal on the break. They got the job done by nicking goals on the break- PSV had two chances and took them, Arsenal had ten chances and fluffed the lot.

Arsenal got knocked out because they didn't stick the ball in the net. They weren't outplayed, PSV didn't win the tactical war, Arsenal's strikers didn't do their job properly. End of. It was the same story in the League Cup final- Arsenal should have had it won by half-time, but didn't take the chances and paid the price.

Arsenal have struggled at home this season because they will spank teams for 80 minutes after going 1-0 down due to Keystone Cops defending, but not stick the chances in the net.

Why on earth would I "excuse" Arsenal? I'm a Bradford City fan :confused:
    Kermit wrote: »

Why on earth would I "excuse" Arsenal? I'm a Bradford City fan :confused:

I don't know, but some of the pathetic defending you do of them would put Wenger to shame.

I'm sick of Arsenal whinging about opposition team's tactics, and I'm sick of their excuses. They're fond of defensive tactics when it suits them (Old Trafford this season, and Champions League last year) but when it's someone else it's not on.

You say the only thing stopping Arsenal winning these games is defending and scoring goals, like it's some small technicality. Those two things happen to be the most important thing in football, and sides who can't do either have no worth.

Arsenal have big problems. Almost every week when I see their forthcoming fixture, I think "there's a good chance Arsenal will drop points". I can't remember the last time I used to think like that about them.
    Addict wrote: »
    I'm sick of Arsenal whinging about opposition team's tactics, and I'm sick of their excuses. They're fond of defensive tactics when it suits them (Old Trafford this season, and Champions League last year) but when it's someone else it's not on.

I don't think its the defensive attitude that bothers them so much, rather its the kicking that teams continually dish out to them. Bolton in particular have done well in recent years against Arsenal, and others, simply by kicking them up and down the pitch. Blackburn are the same, a team of cloggers. In the last few seasons Ferguson seems to have sent his teams out against Arsenal simply to kick Arsenal's best players. It's effective but its shit to watch.

Being honest I think Arsenal now have a reputation for being "soft", and that allows cloggers like Bolton and Blackburn to kick them harder and harder because refs won't punish it. I actually think Wenger has a point when he says that refs and the FA rarely back his team up (although he does obviously forget the awful ref performance v Wigan) and the FA and refs certainly seem to give all the marginals in big games against Arsenal. Drogba was offside, Rooney dived, Solskjaer dived, Forlan dived- all given against Arsenal.

Koeman's teams are always set up to defend deep and score on the counter. He stiched both you and Liverpool up last year by doing the same thing, and its worked again. Arsenal should have beaten them, just like you and Liverpool should have, but they didn't. If your strikers can't find the net then you have problems, but to say a team has "no worth" whilst going through a bit of a dodgy spell is a bit ridiculous. Three months ago your pieman Scouse striker couldn't hit a cow's arse from two yards but I wouldn't say he was worthless.
    You are actually worse than an Arsenal whinger.

You're confusing kicking with close marking. Unless you're one of these people who advocates turning football into a non-contact sport?

I didn't see PSV kicking Arsenal off the pitch, and whenever we've beaten them in recent years, we've played them off the park. Even when Arsenal beat Bolton in the FA Cup a month or so ago, I watched it, and apart from the first half they were largely outplayed by Bolton in the second half and extra time. Bolton had numerous chances to kill the tie, but got hit by a sucker punch.

Arsenal don't have a 'reputation' of being soft. They are soft, they're a small team. Players like fabregas, though incredibly gifted, will never grasp control of a midfield like his predecessor did. Same goes for a host of their midfielders like Hleb, Rosicky, Flamini, Denilson. The only person who has any steel is Gilberto, but he looks suspect enough at times. It's nothing to do with referees, they're just not that strong.

And it's not the soft reputation that does them, it's the fact that teams know that if you stop Arsenal passing -> no Arsenal. It's not rocket science and it's one of the major reasons they've fucked up their season, because they don't know what to do when teams stop them playing.

As for the conspiracy theories against Arsenal. :lol: Don't be ridiculous. Still, it's good for Arsenal to have someone to blame. Stops them having to blame themselves and realise they're just not as good as they think they are. Arsenal need to ask themselves some tough questions about why they've gone out of 3 competitions in 2 weeks.
    Addict wrote: »
    You're confusing kicking with close marking. Unless you're one of these people who advocates turning football into a non-contact sport?

No I'm not. Bolton are a set of cloggers, always have been, always will be.

I enjoy the clogging aspect of the sport, I think the rules are too soft, but my point is that the rules are not universally applied. Someone looks at Ronaldo and he gets a free-kick; Phil Neville kicks Reyes into next week and doesn't even concede a free-kick. I think the rules should allow for more clogging, but that wasn't my point- my point is that refs will allow teams like Bolton to kick Arsenal up and down the pitch, but will then blow up for a foul every time someone looks at Rooney or Drogba in a funny tone of voice.
    I didn't see PSV kicking Arsenal off the pitch

I didn't either. PSV defended well and Arsenal's strikers couldn't hit a cow's arse from three paces. It happens, and that's why Arsenal have gone out.
    And it's not the soft reputation that does them, it's the fact that teams know that if you stop Arsenal passing -> no Arsenal. It's not rocket science and it's one of the major reasons they've fucked up their season, because they don't know what to do when teams stop them playing.

Yep, and Blackburn did that very well. They learned from the 6-2 loss and beat them. But even then Arsenal had enough chances to beat Blackburn, but they missed them.

Arsenal's trouble for the last year or so is that they don't take the chances they create, and they have been liable to concede one sloppy goal in a game. They need another striker who will stick the ball in the net from two yards on a regular basis.
    As for the conspiracy theories against Arsenal. :lol:

That'd be why Adebayor has just been given an extra two match ban, then, for doing nothing. That's only one less game than Roy Keane got for deliberately ending Haaland's career and then bragging about it to make a big pile of cash.

No bias there, of course not. The FA positively hate Manchester United :rolleyes:
    That'd be why Adebayor has just been given an extra two match ban, then, for doing nothing.

Except being involved in a brawl and "aggressively" refusing to leave the pitch after being sent off. I've known players get a year ban in Sunday league for that sort of behaviour.
    The wrongful dismissal should have been overturned and the 2-match ban given for refusing to leave the field of play.

It's interesting how the FA think that shouting at some bald knucklehead rozzer is 80% as serious as deliberately destroying a fellow professional's career, though. If you try and tell me that Keane's ban was right, or that there isn't a persistent pro-United bias at the FA, then you're a fool.

Compare Cantona's punishment with the Barrow defender's punishment, or Duncan Ferguson's punishment.
    Compare Fowler's punishment with Neville's punishment.
    Compare Keane's punishment with Dyer and Bowyer's bans.
    Compare United's treatment of D'Urso (no bans!) with Adebayor's actions.

The real point from all this is that Howard Webb is an incompetent liar and is not fit to referee Premiership football matches, and the linesman who lied to get Adebayor sent off should be personally liable to Arsenal for Adebayor's wages during the ban. Equally, the referee vs Wigan should be personally liable for any losses Wigan incur as a result of his appalling decisions at the Emirates.
    the linesman who lied to get Adebayor sent off

The basis of this comment is...?
    cos he was sent off because the lineman told the ref that adebayor hit wayne bridge, when it was actually eboue.
    The basis of this comment is...?

Adebayor was sent from the field of play for violent conduct against Lampard, on the linesman's say-so, when all video evidence and Lampard's testimony was that he touched nobody. The corrupt blazers at Soho Square decided to uphold the red despite this because he didn't leave the field of play, and then extended his ban.

Still, I note that you haven't commented on the ban handed down to Keane, but I think Adebayor should take note next time. Look at Lampard in a funny tone of voice and you get a four-match ban; break his legs in six places deliberately and you get a five-match ban. In for a penny, in for a pound.
    on the linesman's say-so

No, that was what Wenger said. The linesman report says something different.
    Still, I note that you haven't commented on the ban handed down to Keane

TBH do you think that we will ever agree on that issue given the number of times we have talked about it in the past.

The lesson from that episode to player is not to be honest.
    drumbeat wrote: »
    cos he was sent off because the lineman told the ref that adebayor hit wayne bridge, when it was actually eboue.

Says who?

You are guessing aren't you.
    No, that was what Wenger said. The linesman report says something different.

The linesman's actions during the game (pointing him out to knucklehead, pointing out Lampard, suggesting violent conduct) makes me think that the linesman has decided to change his mind after the event in order to protect his position.

It isn't just an Arsenal thing, I think most refs are bent, and I think Howard Webb is probably one of the worst refs I've ever seen. My mum probably knows more about the game than he does.
    The linesman's actions during the game (pointing him out to knucklehead, pointing out Lampard, suggesting violent conduct) makes me think that the linesman has decided to change his mind after the event in order to protect his position.

So, your whole argument is based on assumptions?

The FA say that the linesman report does not talk about hitting Lampard and that wasn't the reason for the red.
    probably one of the worst refs I've ever seen.

It's this kind of comment which makes me laugh. Not just from you Kermit, but from anyone who hasn't actually qualified as a referee.

You see, most of the general public and professional players come to that, don't actually know the rules of the game. Sure they know the basics but in the main they are ignorant and yet they seem to discuss things with this air of authority to which they aren't really entitled. FFS don't get me started on Hansen, Shearer of Kamara.

Webb's conduct in the final was excellent. He dealt with the major incident very well - remembering that he doesn't have numerous camera angles or 30 minutes to edit them together. He has seconds to view, assess and make a decision. When you look at what actually happened, the only person for whom red was an absolute was Eboue and no-one saw that contact. The others could all have gotten away with a yellow, if he'd wanted to be really lenient (it was a Cup Final afterall), but instead he played by the book - and now the armchair referees crticise him for that.

Think you could do better, then give it a go...?
    I totally agree with you Kermit about Adebayor behaviour in that place.He was lucky to get away from it but he need to go for anger amagement cource.

I got a suggestion all player that are violent or dismssed in any sporting match should be banned for 3 matches but depend on how serious of cource.Also they need is anger amangement classes to attend to.And a couple hours of communiticy services.

tell me what you think of this suggestion
    It's this kind of comment which makes me laugh. Not just from you Kermit, but from anyone who hasn't actually qualified as a referee.

I agree about most TV pundits- don't even get me started on the "he raised his hands and that's a red card" bollocks. I also don't like the way the handball rule is interpreted these days- it should only be a penalty if its deliberate.

I think Webb handled the Cup Final reasonably well, but he was let down by his two incompetent lying linesmen, both on the sendings off and the two dubious offside decisions that went against Arsenal. But as a general rule I think Webb is an incompetent moron, and he proved it three days later in the FA Cup replay.

Most fans can tell if a referee is incompetent or not, regardless of being qualified or not. I'm not a qualified referee but I know that two yellows equals a red, which is something that's beyond Graham Poll. I'm not a builder but I can tell when a wall's been built cock-eyed.
    I also don't like the way the handball rule is interpreted these days- it should only be a penalty if its deliberate.

Sorry, but you have changed the rule there. Deliberate hand ball is red card offence, but any handball can be a penalty.

And please, don't use the expression "intent" anywhere...
    Most fans can tell if a referee is incompetent or not, regardless of being qualified or not.

Problem is that they can't - either because they get the rules wrong (as I said most fans don't know the rules - in fact I hear them tripping out the same shite they hear from Hansen almost word for word) or because they are seeing it through their club colours. Look at the other thread where the non-old firm fans are giving the refs stick. You cannot tell me that their club alligiance doesn;'t cloud their judgement someonewhat there.
    I'm not a qualified referee but I know that two yellows equals a red, which is something that's beyond Graham Poll.

He made a mistake, a simple one to avoid, and it has cost him.

Doesn't make him a bad referee though...
    Look at the other thread where the non-old firm fans are giving the refs stick. You cannot tell me that their club alligiance doesn;'t cloud their judgement someonewhat there.

Having seen the decisions they're talking about, I think that they are probably right about the awful Old Firm bias in Scotland. Either refs are biased because they support the Old Firm (in which case they should be sacked) or they are corrupt (in which case they should be sacked) or they are incompetent (in which case they should be sacked).
    He made a mistake, a simple one to avoid, and it has cost him. Doesn't make him a bad referee though...

He made the most elementary mistake it is possible to make. If that doesn't prove what fans have been saying about him for years then nothing does. It isn't the first time he's done anything like that either -he robbed Russia of a European Championships place about five years ago yet he was still allowed to be a World Cup referee. Have the FA punished him? Have FIFA punished him? No, they just continue to witter on about "respecting the officials", as if someone as stupid as Poll is worthy of respect.

It's a closed shop- always has been, and always will be. Which is why certain teams (Man Utd) get every dodgy decision going (how many games since the last away penalty at OT? :chin: ) and certain managers (Paul Jewell) get shat on every week.