Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UCAS:changing uni applications-toolate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi,
Basically I have applied to study Marketing at 6 unis and now have 6 conditional acceptances. One of my acceptances (Bradford Uni) came through by post (instead of an email from ucas like all my other acceptances) from the uni directly, telling me i'd got a conditional offer, bla bla.
So far my ucas application online hasnt been updated for bradford uni- it still hasnt registered that bradford has accepted me.
anyway I now want to live closer to home and study at Aston Uni instead of l'pool, etc. Is it too late to change my choices? How do I go about trying to apply to Aston?
The reason I mentioned Bradford was I don't have to make my 1st and 2nd choices yet because ucas doesnt seem to think I have had all my offers back yet.
Thank you very very much this is worrying me because I really dont want to study far away from home anymore.:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can't reply til you've got offers on UCAS from all your Uni's.

Which means MMU deciding to not officially reject me because they MIGHT offer me a place on another course when I don't even want to fucking go there makes things incredibly frustrating :grump:.
    Uni politics! But if uv got an offer from a uni you DO want to go to, surely it doesnt matter when you reply?
    I don't know, because I can't accept my offers yet. According to Rachael, it is possible to retract your application to a uni though, so you could do that if you don't want to go there. I asked my tutor if I should do that with MMU and she said no :grump:.
    Franki wrote: »
    I don't know, because I can't accept my offers yet. According to Rachael, it is possible to retract your application to a uni though, so you could do that if you don't want to go there. I asked my tutor if I should do that with MMU and she said no :grump:.

Thing is, I dont want to retract my application to my 6 unis just yet, incase I'm not allowed to change my application to aston uni, if u see what I mean?
    Yeh, I understand that.

Ask your tutor? Or are you applying outside of college?
    im still at college. i will ask my tutor on thurs but u no how it is, they ask a million different questions and decide "whats best for you" instead of giving u a straight reply
    Franki wrote: »

If you 100% don't want to go there then I'd just withdraw it. Your tutor probably wants you to keep your options open but if you honestly have no intention of going there and really do not want to go there then there is no point.

I retracted my Hull one cuz I wanted to apply for accomodation to Kent Uni asap. Dont wanna get shoved in the basement bit :grump:
    I would go there if I didn't get in to my first and second choice, but I think that the chances of me not getting into either of them are minimal. Plus my uncle put me off Manchester :o.

Me and my mum are going to Newcastle in two weeks time, so after that I will withdraw my MMU one...
    Just spoke to aston uni admissions dpmt, they said i'd need to reject all my offers and go through ucas extra. id then need to choose aston uni.
    when i asked about competition for the course i want to do (marketing) he said theres about 10 applications for every place:crying:
    also that this year there is very little chance of offering anyone a place under 320 points: im predicted something like 280 or 300

:(
    Unless theres a specifically good reason why you want to stay close by, travelling a little bit will be great.

I love York so much, I'm dreading going to back to Leicester. I might go work in Cheltenham for the summer. As long as you get on well with the place and the people, you'll have a fab time whether it's round the corner or in timbuktu :).

And there's always clearing, which is not as scary as everyone thinks - York Maths went into clearing and were giving people places with Cs (normal offer AAB / ABB)!! This is a uni that I think is 6th/7th in the tables consistently, and Maths is one of the courses that demand high grades (not as high as stuff like medicine / vet / that kind of stuff tho).

From what I can tell, if you make a good impression to the admissions tutor, then they aren't too strict with what grades you get. My girlfriend has applied for a uni and she is emailing the head of department every week or so, and he bums her so badly it's funny, offering her tours of the town and campus and everything :D she's going up to see him this weekend with her mum (again!).
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    From what I can tell, if you make a good impression to the admissions tutor, then they aren't too strict with what grades you get. My girlfriend has applied for a uni and she is emailing the head of department every week or so, and he bums her so badly it's funny, offering her tours of the town and campus and everything :D she's going up to see him this weekend with her mum (again!).

Not being funny, but I'd expect that as standard with universities. We offer it as standard, so its nothing to do with making an impression or whatever.

Oh, and don't rely on the course being in clearing. We put vrey few of our courses in clearing as they are usually already full by the time it gets to that stage.
    Oxford university is a different kettle of fish though, isn't it?

And as standard, yea they offer open days and tours, but she's actually in full time correspondence with this guy, and he seems quite impressed with her.

I think clearing is overlooked, most universities are good so long as you enjoy where you are.