Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girls night in - tips?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, more a topic seeking advice from the ladies of the board here.

I just think my girlfriend could do with a little treat, but money is a little tight at the moment since we have a holiday coming up in June, so are saving as much as we can for that to really enjoy ourselves, along with all the usual outgoings (car MOT etc...)

Her sister has also been a little down recently.

They rarely get to spend much time together since they both work, and now both have boyfriends who take up most of their spare time.

So i was thinking that since i'm going out with all my mates one night coming up soon, i would buy them a few things so they could have a girly night in and spend some time together, gossiping etc...

I've quite a collection of DVD's so that's sorted, but i was thinking of getting them face masks, moisturisers, pop corn, some wine etc...

I know once or twice before she's had a "face mask" but it's just been like a wipe on, wipe off thing, anybody got any suggestions for a good one that will give them a nice peelable green mask or something silly?!

And any other tips are welcome, as i said i can't really afford to spend too much (i'm hoping no more than about £15ish to be honest) but i really want them to have a fun, 'silly' night, just relaxing and getting close again

Anyway, any help much appreciated :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    few munchies alcohol, dvds, facemasks thats pretty much all it takes cheer me up when im havin a girly night in :)
    That is TOO cute. But I'm guessing that's the reaction you're after!

Best bet is to go to Boots/Superdrug... grab an female advisor, tell her exactly what you just told us, and your budget and she'll be able to help you out.
    That is TOO cute. But I'm guessing that's the reaction you're after!

Well i was wanting to do it as a surprise, but since he sister is pretty busy all the while i had to tell her the plan so she's fully aware of it, but still as long as they get to relax it's all good

Best bet is to go to Boots/Superdrug... grab an female advisor, tell her exactly what you just told us, and your budget and she'll be able to help you out.

I think you may be right, that's what they are there for after all, i'll feel a fool there though, i'll be thinking that she's thinking that i'm after it for myself, for a bit of a fluffy boys night in! :blush:

So any tips you may have would be better, but if you're not too sure then your advice of poppin in Boots is spot on :thumb:
    Nothing to add really except to say that is a really really lovely idea :)
    OK, so here goes with some ideas for you :)

Some face masks (I love the sound of the first one!)

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1075833&classificationid=1018438

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1016026&classificationid=1017961

This looks pretty funky - everyone forgets to look after their feet :)

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1075020&classificationid=1046058&slmRefer=000

As for goodies, this looks pretty cheap - and indulgent!

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1073547&classificationid=1046058&slmRefer=000

There's some ideas... I'll keep looking, though! Stick in a bottle of wine, and some DVDs, and you're on a winner!
    do you know their skin types? You dont want to get them stuff thats for oily skin and they have dry skin or vice versa ;)

or try to find things for all skin types
    Amira wrote: »
    do you know their skin types? You dont want to get them stuff thats for oily skin and they have dry skin or vice versa ;)

Aww you goin confuse the poor lad lol
    OK, so here goes with some ideas for you :)

Some face masks (I love the sound of the first one!)

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1075833&classificationid=1018438

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1016026&classificationid=1017961

This looks pretty funky - everyone forgets to look after their feet :)

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1075020&classificationid=1046058&slmRefer=000

There's some ideas... I'll keep looking, though! Stick in a bottle of wine, and some DVDs, and you're on a winner!

Great suggestions! I think i'll take a walk around Boots tomorrow dinner and get some, Maple Sugar - Strawberry, they sound good enough to eat.

Nice and cheap too, should leave a little money left over for a few other bits and bobs to keep them entertained!
    Amira wrote:
    do you know their skin types? You dont want to get them stuff thats for oily skin and they have dry skin or vice versa

Erm... :chin: :chin: :nervous: "all skin types" it is going to be :thumb:
    luvmeright wrote: »
    Aww you goin confuse the poor lad lol
    At least now he knows :p I mentioned the all skin types stuff so he doesnt totally lose it ;)
    Awwwh you are soooo nice!
    Aww bless, what a lovely idea :)

Best advice I can give you (and my manager would sack me on the spot if she knew I'd say this) is don't go to Boots for things like face masks etc. You can get the exact same things from any other beauty store for less, which is obviously useful when you're on a budget. Superdrug/Savers are always good. The only reason I shop in Boots is because I get discount.

As for the skin type thing, easiest way to get around that, you say that you've told her sister, is there anyway you can ask her her skin type? As for your girlfriend, does she have any cleansers/toners/face wipes/moisturizers about - or other face masks? Check on the packet and look for words like "combination" "oily" "dry" or "sensitive". Then just find products that are for that type.

Other than that, sensitive ones are a best bet, because they'll be a bit of a balance of everything, and people are less likely to be allergic to the ingredients etc :thumb:
    aww how sweet!

i want someone to do that for me! :crying:

can i come?
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Aww bless, what a lovely idea :)

Best advice I can give you (and my manager would sack me on the spot if she knew I'd say this) is don't go to Boots for things like face masks etc. You can get the exact same things from any other beauty store for less, which is obviously useful when you're on a budget. Superdrug/Savers are always good. The only reason I shop in Boots is because I get discount.

Cool, thanks for the tip, don't worry, it can be our little secret that you're persuading all your potential customers to shop else where! :razz:

As for the skin type thing, easiest way to get around that, you say that you've told her sister, is there anyway you can ask her her skin type? As for your girlfriend, does she have any cleansers/toners/face wipes/moisturizers about - or other face masks? Check on the packet and look for words like "combination" "oily" "dry" or "sensitive". Then just find products that are for that type.

Other than that, sensitive ones are a best bet, because they'll be a bit of a balance of everything, and people are less likely to be allergic to the ingredients etc :thumb:

My girlfriend knows, I don't really talk to her sister that often so thought it would seem a little nasty if i approached her and asked if she wanted me to get her some beauty stuff so you can spend a night in applying it! So i told the girlfriend my plan and got her to arrange a suitable day with her sister.

Is there an easy way how you can tell which are the ones that you leave on and they turn in to a peelable green / orange etc... mask?

I know she's had a few before nurtigena and a few other different ones, they were all described as "face masks" but only one of them was as above, the others you just applyed and washed off a few minutes letter which appeared less fun!

Thank you all for the advice by the way
    Mr Orange wrote: »

Is there an easy way how you can tell which are the ones that you leave on and they turn in to a peelable green / orange etc... mask?

Peel off masks will normally say so somewhere on the packet... as for the colour I'm not too sure, all the peel off masks I've used have been white or clear. Masks that set tend to be coloured, but you need to wash those off with warm water.
    Peel off masks are usually tea tree, that I've come across anyway.

Also, I remembered I had the BEST face-mask from H&M once that made your face go dead hot :D it was ace! And my skin was fit afterwards, well fit.
    i never really see peel off masks, always just the wash off ones. i love the self warming ones though! you can buy them at tescos. you could try somewhere like the bodyshop for peel off ones. :) but the normal ones are still fun because they're normally green just like the peel off ones.
    Good tactics sir.

Your going out on the lash with all your mates....£15 spent on some cucumber and your in the goodbooks! Smart move.

Let me guess one of your mates is her sisters fella ?? Nice one , split it - £7.50 and you straight outta doghouse ville.

Well done son, have a beer for me.
    :lol:
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Good tactics sir.

Your going out on the lash with all your mates....£15 spent on some cucumber and your in the goodbooks! Smart move.

Let me guess one of your mates is her sisters fella ?? Nice one , split it - £7.50 and you straight outta doghouse ville.

Well done son, have a beer for me.

Nah her sisters fella is some right fool, never spoken to him so he could be a top lad, but he's ruled out the "sister threesome" :banghead: for me so he's lost any potential friendship of mine!

I was going out any way and she really does deserve a treat, but no harm in killing two birds with one stone an all that right!? - However, please feel free to use the idea next time you're in need of some brownie points! Certainly got a good response from the ladies of the board!

* Mr Orange suddenly seems less sweet and thoughtful :( *
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Nah her sisters fella is some right fool, never spoken to him so he could be a top lad, but he's ruled out the "sister threesome" :banghead: for me so he's lost any potential friendship of mine!

I was going out any way and she really does deserve a treat, but no harm in killing two birds with one stone an all that right!? - However, please feel free to use the idea next time you're in need of some brownie points! Certainly got a good response from the ladies of the board!

* Mr Orange suddenly seems less sweet and thoughtful :( *

Lol, never mind we can't please em all the time matey!