Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

embarrasing lady problem....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, i'm a bit embarrassed but basically i've come out in loads of tiny lumps around my lady parts. They're low down and on both sides and seem to run down to my bum. Now at first the area was just sore, then the next day it was lots of bumps, and now they look a bit like whiteheads. (i know, gross sorry :blush: ) I know i don't have an STI because me and my bf are each others only partners and we use condoms. They're quite sore when i walk/sit down. I'm too embarrassed to go to a doctor yet and i'm really not comfortable about being looked at/touched down there (due to a past experience) so i wanted some opinions first. I have had lumps and bumps down there before but they've always just been single red lumps that go away on their own.

Comments

• Options
    Hello Ballerina!
    i know that lumps and bumps can be unnerving down there! I was at the docs on monday about a similar though different problem, and she said that if anything is hurting down there than it is an infection of some kind, but that alot of them clear up by themselves.My doc then proceeded to name a bunch of things that lumps and bumps can be down there, like normal spots, cysts, std and skin reactions. Have you changed your soap or shower gel recently, sometimes that can agrivate the skin and PH balance down there. I don't know if this was any help. x
  • Options
    Could be an allergic reaction. If it's giving you discomfort then I would go see the doctor. I had an embarassing problem a bit like yours but it was a red spot and I made an appointment to see the practice nurse rather than my G.P. She was really nice and sympathetic. She had a quick look which I was nervous about because I had never had anyone look down there before but it wasn't so bad and I didn't feel embarassed at all which was surprising.
  • Options
    I haven't changed soap recently, are there any that you can suggest? I do shave down there (down the sides) so i dunno if it's just got irritated. My discharge is looking darker but i'm on my break from the pill this week and it goes dark brown. I think they're more painful because they run quite far down near my bum.
    I'm gonna see if it starts to settle tomorrow, if not then i may have to bite my lip and just go. My mum doesn't know about the thing that's caused me to be so funny about it, so i'm hoping it will start to sort itself out.
  • Options
    i had something like this about 4 years ago. I was absolutely terrified but it just went on its own and never came back.
  • Options
    Could well be irritation from the shaving, or chafing. If you're not too worried and you're not keen on going to the doctor then you could consider leaving it a few days, wearing boring cotton granny pants and comfortable non sweaty trousers, washing with plain running water and not shaving and seeing if that sorts things.
  • Options
    Hey Ballerina, nothing to do with the bumps really but it sounds like you had a bit of a nasty experience that doesn't want to make you go to the doctors now, and that you haven't told your mother about. Now, of course I don't know anything about your situation but reading about it makes me concerned about you, because this has obviously affected you. If you haven't told your mother is there somebody else you have, or could tell? You may think it's not that big a deal -and it doesn't have to be- but it sounds to me you could use some support in that respect, because it's still having effects on you.

Ok anyway, good luck with whatever it turns out to be. And not to worry you, but even using condoms you can still get some STIs from skin contact of the surface that isn't covered by the condom, so I'd definitely get it checked by someone.

Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    It sounds like an allergic reaction I once got from hair-removing cream.
  • Options
    it's more or less gone now - the spots just looked like raised skin in the end cause they sort of moulded together, but were still sore. Bit like a blister. Bizarre.