Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Metal or whatever it is

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kiezo wrote: »
    you have to sift through a whole load of kids banging on pots and pans to find a good, local metal band.

You're lucky, you've got Mendeed. I've yet to har a good Edinburgh metal bnd.
    White Pony and Minerva?

You're both wrong. They're shite.

Around The Fur is by far in a way musically the best album and has the two best songs the Deftones ever wrote, My Own Summer and Be Quiet and Drive.
    White Pony and Minerva?

You're both wrong. They're shite.

Around The Fur is by far in a way musically the best album and has the two best songs the Deftones ever wrote, My Own Summer and Be Quiet and Drive.

Sorry, try again. Digital Bath is the best song they ever wrote.
    :no:

Engine No.9 :yes: :thumb:
    goin watching Deftones on Sunday. ace.
    Deftones are playing here in a couple of weeks. Yes please! :razz:
    Maybe because most people aren't closed minded enough to write off an entire genre of music based on hearing "a song at the pub". If I did that, all dance would be shit to me due to Clubland/MoS annual CD adverts on TV

You've obviously misinterpreted what I wrote. I didn't say all metal is shit, I said how do people listen to the the stuff with all the screaming in it.
    Makoto wrote: »
    You've obviously misinterpreted what I wrote. I didn't say all metal is shit, I said how do people listen to the the stuff with all the screaming in it.

it's just different strokes for different folks. i used to think like this, until i discovered Refused.
    No, no, I'm not saying I don't like it, coz some Linkin Park stuff is alright, what I'm saying is, how do people enjoy the music when dudes are hammering inaudible stuff down the mic.
    coz some Linkin Park stuff is alright

They are so far away from Metal it's not even funny.
    No, no, I'm not saying I don't like it, coz some Linkin Park stuff is alright, what I'm saying is, how do people enjoy the music when dudes are hammering inaudible stuff down the mic.

I think that whenever I hear that "Hey Micky" song. All they do is scream all the way through as well.
    Edinburgh

Talking of that shit hole, I'll be through there on Sunday seeing Combichrist.

My reply still stands. You're still writing off every band with "screaming" because of one.

EDIT: As for it being inaudible; you obviously heard a shit band then. Alot of post-hardcore has "screaming", but also regular singing as well as melodic guitar work.
    Talking of that shit hole, I'll be through there on Sunday seeing Combichrist.

One of my mates is going to that. I was meant to be but I'm jobless and skint with a servere drug addiction. It's at the Liquid Rooms eh?
    They are so far away from Metal it's not even funny.

Linkin Park are Alt Rock/Nu Metal.
    Linkin Park are Alt Rock/Nu Metal.

Yeh, and nu-metal is absolutely nothing like metal.
    My reply still stands. You're still writing off every band with "screaming" because of one.

I can think of a few I've listened to off the top of my head that have had screaming in it, not just one band in a pub. Slipknot, Kittie, Korn, Behexen, King Diamond, Deicide, Skid Row.
    Yeh, and nu-metal is absolutely nothing like metal.

Nu-Metal is a Metal sub genre, might be nothing like it but it's still Metal.
    I can think of a few I've listened to off the top of my head that have had screaming in it, not just one band in a pub. Slipknot, Kittie, Korn, Behexen, King Diamond, Deicide, Skid Row.

Slipknot suck, Kittie suck, Korn I've never been keen on, Behexen & Deicide I like but I can see why people wouldn't (I know alot of metal fans that don't), King Diamond is oooold school and a little "odd", Skid Row is glam rock.

None are really good examples.
    I just bought White Pony for £5. But my workmates didn't appreciate it and made me put Bob Dylan on instead. I don't reckon Linkin' Park are metal, but then I don't reckon RATM are really either, and I'm sure people have mentioned them. Seems to me that some people are picking the bands they like to be classed as metal, and saying the ones they don't like aren't metal. ;) I reckon RATM and Linkin Park are about as metal as each other, just one's good and one's shit (except for One Step Closer - love that song).
    Korn.

Korn are amazing. Jonathan Davis DOESN'T just scream, I have every Korn album and he actually has an amazing, unique voice and uses a very varied vocal range. When I used to be really into metal, Korn were like my favourite band ever to exist! I still like them alot, they're still my favourite metal band even though I don't listen to metal that much anymore.
    Slag off metal but not Korn! :D
    Up the Burzum! :shocking:

And we're saying that it's only a very small part of metal that involves screaming. Several of the world's best popular vocalists of the past 30 years have been metal singers.
    Mike Patton. Now end the thread.
    Mike Patton. Now end the thread.

Oh yes.

FNM, Bungle and Fantomas.

End of discussion :thumb:
    Oh yes.

FNM, Bungle and Fantomas.

End of discussion :thumb:

You're forgetting Tomahawk and Peeping Tom.

The PT album is a fucking classic. Pretty much everything he touched is.
    Anyone like Mudvayne? They are one of the metal bands that I actually still like.
    You're forgetting Tomahawk and Peeping Tom.

The PT album is a fucking classic. Pretty much everything he touched is.

It's a shame that the man is an absolute cock by all accounts :D

Perhaps in time, we will realise that Bungle was about a century ahead of its time. California and the eponymous are two records of absolute genius.

Bungle at the Bizarre Fest from the California Tour - this is an incredible gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FhrYZ4peCk (What The World Needs Now Is Sweet Love)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfpemepDh08 (None of Them Knew That They Were Robots)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--QQUPJVPNY (The Air Conditioned Nightmare)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf90JEZH85c (Quote / Unquote)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn218w84hPA (My Ass Is On Fire)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BwLmto12Nw (Pink Cigarette)