Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair up? or down?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I have a round neck black dress from dorothy perkins http://www.dorothyperkins.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prodid=DZL69

I have long straight hair, I always wear it down so wanted a bit of a change for my friends 18th.
I don't know wether to go for curly hair, but would take me hours and doesn't look that good. Or go for hair up, but havent got a clue how to wear it up! Any suggestions?!?

Comments

• Options
    Quite a low round cut, are you wearing a necklace?

Personally I would go for hair down, and curls might be worth the effort?
  • Options
    Yeh its quite a low one - see picture above!

And yeh Ive got a necklace quite a short one, if you get me.
  • Options
    Why don't you straighten your hair, put the dress on take a pic

Curl your hair, put the dress on take a pic

Put your hair up, let some loose curls down, put the dress on take a pic

Then ask nearest and dearest and make a choice yourself on what you prefer? Imagine if you were looking at your friend, which one would you choose out of the three photos?

You will be much happier if you have a night to try out hairstyles rather than leaving it three hours before the party and thinking SHIT I have curled it and it looks rubbish, what am I going to do?
  • Options
    Hair down loosely wavey. Don't go for that "I've just tonged my hair" look, please.
  • Options
    Im crap at loose waves! Tips and tricks on how to do it?
  • Options
    Super_Star wrote: »
    Im crap at loose waves! Tips and tricks on how to do it?

You can do it with tongs/straighteners in the same way you do it when you curl your hair, just do it a tad looser so the curls aren't quite so tight and bouncy. Run your fingers through them too to seperate them. Just play and mess about with it a bit. You don't have to tong every section either, do it at random for a more natural look. If you're curls are a bit too tight still, you could very lightly go over them with the straighteners to loosen them a tad. :)
  • Options
    Or you could do a bouffanty type thing. I love doing those, with half up half down, hair straightened, but curled at the ends.