Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

can you sue "travelers"

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for the info! its good to hear from the 'other side of the pond' so to speak, what are your views on travellers being sued?
    Oh and welcome to thesite! :wave:
    Spliffie wrote:
    orange bastards
    My mate is a quarter Jamaican, and he's kind of a browny shade of orange. Some fuckers in my form at school used to call him tango. Which is funny seen as kids used to get beaten up for the slightest hint of racism if it was against any of the fully black kids. But then obviously racism isn't equal in each direction, is it? :rolleyes:
    Errr...I think spliffie was referring to Northern Irish sectarianism.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Romarackli wrote:
    we are proud, private, law-abiding, clean and pleasant people.
    We do not throw our rubbish by the road side, we do not thieve nor "scam" ppl and our women are treated with the upmost respect.
    If u no any person reporting to be a Romany gyspy who does any of the disgusting things above THEY ARE NOT ROMANY!

Sorry but I have to disagree. I may be a gorgy but I've grown up with the lads off the local site who are certainly of Romany race. Though many of them are some of my closest mates, I'll have to admit they are a bunch of theives.
    Weekender Offender 
    Romarackli wrote:
    we are proud, private, law-abiding, clean and pleasant people.
    We do not throw our rubbish by the road side, we do not thieve nor "scam" ppl and our women are treated with the upmost respect.

erm.

And I really don't want to get into a discussion about what the visitors to the Appleby horse fair do to Cumbria and County Durham every year, but lets just say its amazing how many horses get nicked from fields at that time of year.
    to quote from the film Snatch "i fucking hate pikies!"

i worked in a restaurant that was very near a gypsy campsite for two years and the hell i went through as a direct result of them will stay with me forever :nervous:

they have no respect for anyone other than themselves, their children run wild, they are rude, and though they are dripping in fur (in the middle of summer WTF?!) and gold, the amount of times ive had a table of gypsies run out on me without paying their bill is unfuckingreal. on one incident i turned a corner to see a young gypsy boy, pants and trousers round his ankles, openly peeing into an empty glass on the floor in the middle of the restaurant while his parents sat shoving their meals in their faces :yeees:

just adding my two cents.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It's worth noting that not all travellers are Romany and not all Romany people are travellers.

To say that you hate all Romany gypsies is edging on racism.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    It's worth noting that not all travellers are Romany and not all Romany people are travellers.

To say that you hate all Romany gypsies is edging on racism.

It's not edging on racism; it is racism.

And to say you hate all of any group, whether travellers, romany gypsies, black people, people with ginger hair, short people, etc is ludicrously bigoted and ignorant.

Some people are cunts, and some are not, and there are cunts within every group. I once had my bag stolen by a black man, but I haven't decided to hate all men, or all black people, just the cunt that robbed me.
    Some people are cunts, and some are not, and there are cunts within every group. I once had my bag stolen by a black man, but I haven't decided to hate all men, or all black people, just the cunt that robbed me.

thats a fair point, and its true. but in two and a half years, i did not meet one gypsy man, woman or child who wasnt rude, arrogant, filthy (in the mess they leave behind them)or cheap (see above re: loaded yet running off without paying). the majority are just downright scummy in my experience.
    Hello to every one,

I am knew to this board and have desided to join this thread due to the comments I have read here.
    May I start by saying the word "Gypo" is the same as using the word "****", The word "Pikey" is in the same league as the word "******".

Whilst I have the upmost sympathy for the person who got bitten by the dog, I am out-raged that this event has spirelled into an "Ethic's" row!
    Surely, It's no more than a "bad dog owner" case?

As this topic as been diverted into one that is seeminly insighting hatred towards the Ethnic group of Gypsy's i'll choose to continue from there, in defence of "Romany~Gypsy's".

The rascist post's on this thread that sterio-type Gypsy's into being lower class, i'll mannoured fighters is most unjust!

Its ok to hate "mrs Blog's" next door, for your own personal differences, who just so happen's to be Black. It's certainly NOT ok to hate "mrs Bloggs" because she is Black!

There is an estimated 40,000+ English Romany~Gypsy's. So, to imply 'most' Gypsy's act a certain way or that they ern their living's in a criminal mannour is pure ignorance!

If a person saw an Asian child acting inappropriately, whilst the parents sat eating, would they be so bold to make comments that ALL Asian people act this way?

The word "Gypo" is no longer a simple innocent abbriation from the word Gypsy since this word is now used to mean people who live/travel in a caravan in a derogatory way.

May I add, that when I come across indaviduals who dislike a whole group, this actually say's more about them as a person than the group they dislike!
    All the best

*Respect*
    Well, just getting used to this site and feel let down that the two words I have used in comparison to "Gypo" and "Pikey" get the star treatment.

Would some one tell me why it's not acceptable here to write "Pak* or Nig*er", to make a point? When "Gypo and Pikey" are readily excepted? How very disappointing!!

*Respect*
    The words you have used that have been starred out will have been ones that have been complained about in the past, and are not necessary to the discussion.

While I accept you have strong feelings about this, the rest of this thread is heading for being a year old so most will have forgotten about the discussion by now.
    It's not acceptable to use any of those terms in the context of a particular person. It is however to use pikey as a descriptive term, for example as a description of a particular item of clothing. As a result the word isn't stopped.
    And as Scary points out this is an old thread so it's now closed.
This discussion has been closed.