Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sex or more?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,

Well I have a bit of a dilema! My best mate and her boyfriend came over with her boyfriends mate, Dan. We all got really drunk and me and Dan really hit it off and later got really frisky but I said I wouldn't do anything with my mate in the room. So, at the time all I wanted was sex, so said to him to come over on monday. Well between then and now we've been texting a fair bit and I thought that it was gonna be more of a date now. But then I get a text today saying 'shall we pick up where we left off', so, I guess what I'm asking is, do you think it's just sex he's after or not?
And how do I find out what he wants without being really obvious? I've only recently split from my ex so maybe I shouldn't get into anything so quickly, and I'm also not the sort to have sex with just anyone, although I am very tempted so maybe I will!

I'd be very grateful for any advice!!

xx

Comments

• Options
    Two words - Rebound. Don't!
  • Options
    I'd say only do it if you're both clear from the start it's just sex.
  • Options
    It's really not a rebound thing, things had been coming to end for ages with my ex and I'm totally fine being on my own. But there's just something about this bloke that I really like.
  • Options
    I think if you like this guy for more than just sex then I'd let him know that you're not up for carrying on where you left off yet.
    do you think it's just sex he's after or not?

Well, I think if you were both fooling around and then you invite him to yours, then you can't really blame him if he thinks he's just going round for sex. Some people just want a casual encounter sometimes, and I think so far, you've hinted towards that, despite the text messages (they can be hard to interpret).

Might be worth just saying something along the lines of that you're not really up for just sex at the moment for some reasons and that maybe you two should meet up for pizza/movie or something? I'd say drinks, but they can lead to more trouble than it's worth :D
  • Options
    *freakle* - Never mind what he wants, what do you want to happen?

You should take control and let him know how you want things to be. Do you want just sex? - If so I can't see him saying no!! Do you want it to lead to more? - Talking with him is only solution that'll give you peace of mind and let you know where you both stand!

If you want to wait a while before doing stuff then let him know. Second guessing he's intention and what he wants will just give you a headache. Decide what you want to do and tell him!!

:p
  • Options
    *freakle* wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Well I have a bit of a dilema! My best mate and her boyfriend came over with her boyfriends mate, Dan. We all got really drunk and me and Dan really hit it off and later got really frisky but I said I wouldn't do anything with my mate in the room. So, at the time all I wanted was sex, so said to him to come over on monday. Well between then and now we've been texting a fair bit and I thought that it was gonna be more of a date now. But then I get a text today saying 'shall we pick up where we left off', so, I guess what I'm asking is, do you think it's just sex he's after or not?
    And how do I find out what he wants without being really obvious? I've only recently split from my ex so maybe I shouldn't get into anything so quickly, and I'm also not the sort to have sex with just anyone, although I am very tempted so maybe I will!

I'd be very grateful for any advice!!

xx

if your cool with just sex go for it but i wouldnt expect anything more because from the start you two have both just appeared to want one thing but if you really hit it off then you never know, something good might come of it. good luck x
  • Options
    The moment's gone.