Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cheating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would you class as cheating?

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Having sexual interaction with another person whilst going out with someone else.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »
    Having sexual interaction with another person whilst going out with someone else.

Provided you're not in an open or poly relationship.
  • Options
    id say
    overly flirting with somebody
    kissing sex and other sexual things
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    Going back to my girlfriend's house to the night, only to walk into her bedroom to see her bonking away with another man. Needless to say, that was the end of that relationship!
  • Options
    finding out your guy has been getting with other girls and asking other girls out while telling you your the only one he loves and your lying in bed with him and he gets a text from another girl saying that she loves him and he texts back saying i love you too and i miss you-that hurts
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Namaste wrote: »
    Provided you're not in an open or poly relationship.

Of course :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Going back to my girlfriend's house to the night, only to walk into her bedroom to see her bonking away with another man. Needless to say, that was the end of that relationship!

shit ! u alrite?
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »

kissing, ooover touching, foreplay/sex ... i think flirting is fine, at least i hope it is or im in a bit of trouble
  • Options
    shit ! u alrite?
    Fine, thanks. It happened last August. I'm over that now. She's apologised for cheating on me. I've forgiven her, as, whilst I've never cheated before, I admit I have behaved rather questionably towards one woman. It would have been hypocritical of me not to forgive. All I know is the relationship is now dead, and I'm fine with that.
  • Options
    Having sex, kissing e.t.c with another girl while you're in a relationship. It's really out of order, but everyone makes mistakes from time to time.
    Flirting is fine, although I still got pissed off when my girlfriends flirted with other blokes, I didn't show it though cos I always did the same. lol
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Nothing wrong with flirting unless it in your partners face and it's bothering them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Am I going to be ashamed to tell my girlfriend what I'm doing?

If yes, then it's probably cheating. However, someone who's completely shameless, it doesn't really hold true. But who would say to their partner 'yes last night went out was grinding up against this girl last night'. Cos although it's not 'cheating' in an obvious sense, obviously the fact you don't feel comfortable telling your partner is an indicator that you know you've done wrong.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Fine, thanks. It happened last August. I'm over that now. She's apologised for cheating on me. I've forgiven her, as, whilst I've never cheated before, I admit I have behaved rather questionably towards one woman. It would have been hypocritical of me not to forgive. All I know is the relationship is now dead, and I'm fine with that.

Aw okay at least its all good now, I thought you meant it happened like last night ! A similar thing has happened to me and its pretty shit situation to be in.
  • Options
    To me, cheating would be if my boyfriend touched a girl in a manner more than friendly. Call me over-sensitive, but i wouldnt accept it if he so much as felt another girls arse, and he feels the same way about me. Kissing is completely unaccaptible, and obviously any form of sexual contact.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Am I going to be ashamed to tell my girlfriend what I'm doing?

If yes, then it's probably cheating. However, someone who's completely shameless, it doesn't really hold true. But who would say to their partner 'yes last night went out was grinding up against this girl last night'. Cos although it's not 'cheating' in an obvious sense, obviously the fact you don't feel comfortable telling your partner is an indicator that you know you've done wrong.

But what if you don't want to tell your girlfriend because you know she's too sensetive/protective/obsessive/clingy e.t.c and will get really upset, rather than you actually doing something wrong?
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    To me, cheating would be if my boyfriend touched a girl in a manner more than friendly. Call me over-sensitive, but i wouldnt accept it if he so much as felt another girls arse, and he feels the same way about me. Kissing is completely unaccaptible, and obviously any form of sexual contact.

totally agree

not only would it upset me, but i think "touching someone up" whilst you're in a relationship is disrespectful and unnecessary
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »

:yes: I'm over sensitive like that. I don't mind flirting because I flirt with other boys myself without realising it.

However, touching in a way more than friendly, kissing and sex is a big no no for me.

One of my exes who cheated on me alot told me that he didn't think kissing other girls was cheating. He wouldn't have liked it if it was the other way round though. Infact, he had a horrible jealous side to him whenever a guy glanced at me!
  • Options
    :yes: I'm over sensitive like that. I don't mind flirting because I flirt with other boys myself without realising it.

However, touching in a way more than friendly, kissing and sex is a big no no for me.

One of my exes who cheated on me alot told me that he didn't think kissing other girls was cheating. He wouldn't have liked it if it was the other way round though. Infact, he had a horrible jealous side to him whenever a guy glanced at me!

you stay with him when you knew he thought this?
  • Options
    being intimate with someone other than your partner without your partners knowledge and consent.
    Intimacy doesnt just mean sex, Someone could cheat without ever even having kissed the other person in my opinion. In fact i could probably forgive a physical indiscretion easier than I could forgive my partner having an emotional relationship with someone else in a relationshippy kind of way.
  • Options
    being intimate with someone other than your partner without your partners knowledge and consent.
    Intimacy doesnt just mean sex, Someone could cheat without ever even having kissed the other person in my opinion. In fact i could probably forgive a physical indiscretion easier than I could forgive my partner having an emotional relationship with someone else in a relationshippy kind of way.

I agree with you!

Would internet/msn/chatroom stuff be cheating?
  • Options
    kissing. or touching in an intimate way. i think i'd find kissing worse. :no:
  • Options
    I agree with shyboy, I'd probably class cheating as doing something you wouldnt be happy for your gf/bf to know about.
  • Options
    I dont think flirting is cheating but is can be classed as ok to 'see your arse to'.

then again i'm the biggest flirt i know, so i wouldn't listen to me!
  • Options
    Acting out anything romantic or sexual with a person other than the person you have made a commitment to.
    Harmless flirting not classed if it doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    Overly physical flirting, kissing, and everything greater than that.
  • Options
    any kind of physical thing, or the intention to get physical.
    Oftentimes the intentions say everything before the action has even taken place.

Chatlogs, texts, phonecalls to meet up and do the sexin' with someone else is already cheating behaviour for me. The intention is there and the person is not to be trusted anymore.

flirting is not cheating for me, because you can do it just for the jist, without any intention behind it (even tho it's not nice), but still...
  • Options
    In your opinions, is it ok to fantasise about sex with other people who are not your partner??? For example, you have a gf/bf and think about having sex with other friends or people your know because you find them attractive?

Or should you feel guilty for thinking about having sex with other people?

I never used to feel guilty about it, but as i get older i start to wonder if it is ok to think about my female friends that way when i have a girlfriend.
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    In your opinions, is it ok to fantasise about sex with other people who are not your partner??? For example, you have a gf/bf and think about having sex with other friends or people your know because you find them attractive?

Or should you feel guilty for thinking about having sex with other people?

No point feeling guilty about fantasing about sex with other people. Otherwise the whole of the male population would be queuing up at confession!

Everybdy does it - dont they lol?
  • Options
    i read somewhere recently, might have been a link from here.

"in every sexual encounter, there are 4 people present"

meaning the 2 having sex, and the two people they are thinking about.